Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Watched the first episode (finagled two free months of VRV so as not to bother with whatever nonsense subscription RoosterTeeth has).

It's, uh... not great? Boring, mostly. At least the theme song is better than season 4's.

Just watched the first episode of Volume 5. I absolutely loved! Takes you right into it as if it's the next episode of Volume 4. It was awesome to see these characters I know and love again and it's great to see how the story is going while also setting up some things already.

Absolutely excited for this season!

The thing that fascinates me about Hazel is that it seems Salem actually sent him to peacefully negotiate with Sienna. Up until now I assumed his “negotiation” would consist of punching Sienna's ticket machines until she submitted. Salem actually thought Hazel would be able to convince Sienna to join with them, despite Sienna wanting to kill Hazel just for coming into her throne room. If Hazel’s argument is that persuasive I would love to hear it.

Edited by Lulcielid

The thing that fascinates me about Hazel is that it seems Salem actually sent him to peacefully negotiate with Sienna. Up until now I assumed his “negotiation” would consist of punching Sienna's ticket machines until she submitted. Salem actually thought Hazel would be able to convince Sienna to join with them, despite Sienna wanting to kill Hazel just for coming into her throne room. If Hazel’s argument is that persuasive I would love to hear it.

This makes me wonder what the point of including Hazel in this scene was? I understand this scene was exposition to show how "evil" Adam is, but what is the point of Hazel being there? He attempted to mediate, but he didn't accomplish anything. I swear they just threw him in for comic relief. 

Also, RIP Sienna. She was a really well designed character, and I liked her personality dynamic. But she was literally killed on her debut... to further Adam's character...  -_- 

Ripperoni tooth guy, Yang. No mercy there.

I too would've liked to know more about Sienna before they killed her off. Ah well it just shows how sadistic Adam has really become.

I'm interested in the bull-King's fight against our little monkey King. Especially since they hit us with a little imagery of the old White Fang above Sun. I wonder what his motivations beyond Blake are... I'm sure his involvement in a new White Fang will be a lot more prominent later on.

Yeah, it's sorta speculation, but they've hit us with unexpected imagery before (a man with two souls... Oh look, Ozpin!).

I have to say I'm very invested in Oscar's and Yang's development as well. Yang is obviously not over her PTSD (something up with your wrist too, baby girl?) and I wonder who in the end will have control of Oscar's body. Since episode 3, it looks like Ozpin got more and more bold with using him as he wanted.

They really gotta up the pacing of this show. I thought they would have learned their lesson from Volume 4, but there's just nothing going on. I couldn't care less about Blake trying to get signatures. I get it, you want to show off how much the animation team has improved, but just... pick it up.

I half expected Weiss to have actually just upped and left and not meet up with Yang, so there's movement even if there isn't momentum.

Also, "I know we have Semblances and Dust, but there's no such thing as magic!". Just... really?

Omg guys, I was able to finally catch up to Rwby, and now I'm just waiting for Episode 7 to be uploaded to Youtube! Volume 5 has been amazing so far, and I'm loving the animation and how much it's improved, and the character development is just really immersing, if you ask me! I can't wait to see how this volume keeps developing! :D