Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Roxas_Axel_Xion

What Color Dress Vest?

Okay so I'm going to my friends sweet 16 this weekend and I wanna gesta dress vest to wear on top of my BLACK dress shirt....but I don't know what color vest will look good upon a black dress shirt. So does anyone have any suggestions? I have a black dress shirt, black dress pants and a black and red tie (2 different ties like one black and one red) I also don't want to wear a jacket either so yeah. Thanx so much in advance, I value and appreciate all of the serious replies....so yeah um thanx :)

Rule of thumb: ANY color works with black and white.

It's more a matter of matching a vest with your tie if you chose the red one. if you go for the black tie you can wear what ever color vest you want, but if you're going with the red one you can another red vest to match but whit also complements both red and black. Black with red and white is a very stylish color combination. A nice warm orange can also complement red very well. You might want to avoid purple at all costs though, unless it's a very light purple and the red tie is very dark or purplish it self, like a burgundy or maroon, or they'll clash. Grey can work too, maybe a pinstripe one.