Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
mvitkun

pretty much no difference in quality

they upped the resolution for the textures of some of the things to make it clearer and changed the contrast and saturation a bit,but other than that it's the same thing.

my screenshot from PCSX2 with badly optimized Shadeboost

Posted Image

their new KH 1.5HD

Posted Image

Well, it's an hd remaster. It's not a remake so it's not going to be like super amazing difference. But the hd remaster still helps improve the games graphics to make them look overall nicer and smoother.

I have to say, out of all the HD collections that these game companies are making. Only Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD and Metal Gear Solid HD are the best out of them all. They are the only 2 HD collections that bothered to improve the textures, graphics, and character models.  

Edited by Tails

I'm pointing out that if you actually took the time to optimize the shadeboost in PCSX2 for the correct levels of contrast,saturation,etc you'd get very similar results to their new version,mine doesn't look as good because I spent all of 30 seconds optimizing it.would the textures still be blurrier,yeah,but would the results be seriously close,yes.

You do realise you're comparing a PC to a PS3?

This is the true comparison.

No,no I'm not.

I'm comparing an emulator to the real deal.

I'm comparing Roxas to Sora [;)]

the emulator has to do more work to output the same result.

so even if you compare two different hardwares the amount of work that the pc has to do evens the playing field,that is unless the pc your referring to is high end.

Better render quality owo and textures, and lighting, and color, etc. >.>

the lighting and color can be fixed by shadeboost like I said,if you optimized the settings it would have virtually the same color scheme.

I think they improved a lot.

you do realize the changes you pointed out were all textures right?

the only changes to the models that are seen are due to the slight difference in timing for the cutscene.

I think they improved a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

dude come on look at that there's a big difference riku's shoulder is rounded you can see the bottom of sora and kairi's shoes you must be blind to not see the changes but ehh its how ever you see it

It's like god-damn spot the difference..... it's a collection on PS3 - it's awesome - period!

No,no I'm not.

I'm comparing an emulator to the real deal.

I'm comparing Roxas to Sora ;)

the emulator has to do more work to output the same result.

so even if you compare two different hardwares the amount of work that the pc has to do evens the playing field,that is unless the pc your referring to is high end.

the lighting and color can be fixed by shadeboost like I said,if you optimized the settings it would have virtually the same color scheme.

PS: what PS2 emulator do you use? I DESPERATELY WANT ONE AND CAN'T FIND A GOOD ONE!

Edited by Ajexmi

dude come on look at that there's a big difference riku's shoulder is rounded you can see the bottom of sora and kairi's shoes you must be blind to not see the changes but ehh its how ever you see it

I'll give you that,I didn't see the shoulder,and that does look better,but that's the only model difference I see.

the shoes are simply higher resolution textures,because you can see them in mine as well they are just faded due to upscaling the resolution.

also here's one of my better ones that allow clear it up a bit.

Posted Image

I'll give you that,I didn't see the shoulder,and that does look better,but that's the only model difference I see.

the shoes are simply higher resolution textures,because you can see them in mine as well they are just faded due to upscaling the resolution.

also here's one of my better ones that allow clear it up a bit.

Posted Image

also in the other one riku's hands dont go through his arm's  like in your photo or the old game also his clothing has a few wrinkles in them if you pay close attation

I can see what you mean. I'd been expecting more detailing in scenery and models, but the difference compared to the original is rather minimal. I'm still getting this though, they're revamping the gameplay so that's something to look forward to.

I can see what you mean. I'd been expecting more detailing in scenery and models, but the difference compared to the original is rather minimal. I'm still getting this though, they're revamping the gameplay so that's something to look forward to.

I might get it,although if I did it'd be for the HD RE:COM,never did finish playing RE:COM,didn't see the point as I'd already played through COM on gameboy,

This one is a lot brighter.

Riku has more eyelashes now: lol

it's brighter because I wanted to add more contrast and saturation to it without distorting their natural skin tones too much.

Edited by mvitkun

You do realise you're comparing a PC to a PS3?

This is the true comparison.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Either way comparing pc to ps3, pc to pc, ps3 to ps3 it looks freakin sexier then ever >:3

Edited by Rainbow Dash