Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Skyace 65

It's ridiculous that kingdom hearts is still PS3 only

yeah i know, brought up before, but its something i just can't stand now more than ever.

yeah kingdom hearts started out on PS2 but that was back when PS2 was king of home consoles and widely something that people liked. and since kingdom hearts 2's release all the other consoles are on a lot more of a level playing field, especially with a lot of problems the PS3 has and square still wants it to stay Play station only on consoles even though they have used nintendo handhelds for most of their handheld games.

yeah maybe there are some limiting factors from it becoming completely multi-platform. I won't try and say the xbox is perfect or as good graphics wise as PS3 and i wont fight for a release on it. but what about the Wii U? graphics wise its pretty much on par with everything and the discs for it are 25GB, and its not like KH3 will probobly take a big graphical leap whenever it does come out with what we've seen of 1.5 so it wouldnt really be a problem if it came out on Wii U and probobly at that point PS4. but yeah maybe they dont want to take any risks if Wii U falls short in some departments

but you know what really ticks me off? why it's not on PC. PC is above the current generation of consoles graphics wise, and i doubt many people wouldn't have powerfull enough graphics cards considering this game is PS2/3DS level graphics. its not like its going to be a storage problem, and it's not like there would be a confusion problem since 1.5 is the beggining of the franchise. Even Namaco has finally brought the Ace combat series onto PC which has been primarily console for years. It's certainly not a lack of PC capable developers since they have the FF14 team, and it wouldnt be taking up their time like making the game from scratch on PC would, all the assets are already there. and it certainly isnt a distribution problem, they can publish games on PC, their entire catalog of games they have published on steam is having a 4 day long sale, and final fantasy 11 is on there. even if they didnt want to use steam they have used their own means to distribute 7 on PC.

I just find it ridiculous how closed they are making Kingdom hearts when they are a third party developer. theres no reason not to put it on PC at least, at most it should be on PC and Wii U.

Edited by Skyace 65

Luck of the draw I guess.Why would they take the extra time to port the whole damn game to XBox? Pray for KH3 to be multiplatform. Ff13 did it.

i never said anything about porting to xbox, only PC and wii U. i have an xbox but i'm not blind, i know it's highly unlikely for KH to ever go on it but as i've pointed out, it should be going on Wii U or PC

Nobody wants KH on Wii U! Wii/Wii U isn't the right console for such a game. DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was available on Wii and it sucked. Don't want a KH Game to suck too. Just let it be how it is, it's the best for the perfect performance. 

i have an xbox but i'm not blind, i know it's highly unlikely for KH to ever go on it

Then you should also know that it's highly unlikely to go on Wii U

The Wii U is relatively new, and quite expensive.  A gaming pc that would be able to handle the game, at a good speed, frame rate, with no lag and high quality will also be expensive for people who don't have one.  The PS3 has been out for I think at 7 years, so if someone hasn't picked one up already, they'll be a considerable cheap price, much cheaper than a Wii U or a gaming pc, so the potential audience is much more larger.

The PS3 also is the best selling game console in Japan (Forgetting Nintendo,The Wii, and DS's are all marketed towards casual gamers more so than hardcore gamers, which is why there units are selling in vast quantities, 'cause both your 2 year old brother and granny can find something on it that caters to them)

To put the game out on the Xbox 360 would require more discs than would be needed with PS3's blu-ray player.  However, afterwards when the Xbox 720 comes in, the only thing really stopping it from being multiplatform I suppose will be tradition and dedication to Sony.  However when the 720's out I suspect the PS4 will be A LOT more advanced than that piece of hardware too, the only thing that really sold it for the Xbox in the western world was the fact it was cheaper, so more people bought it meaning more people were online for the multi-player, that's not the case in Japan though.

Also, configuring the game with computer controls and keyboard (yes some people may use a controller plugged in a usb, however they'd have to make it first to where a keyboard can be used) this will be timely considering most people would rather use a console anyway.

Personally I see no problem with them sticking to the PS system, even though most likely KH3 will  be on the PS4 if it's out by then and I can't afford that, it's their choice to choose the most advanced piece of hardware, and best selling one to put their games on.

i never said anything about porting to xbox, only PC and wii U. i have an xbox but i'm not blind, i know it's highly unlikely for KH to ever go on it but as i've pointed out, it should be going on Wii U or PC

Sorry. I kinda went tl;dr on you and gave the default ynoexbawks reponse. Forgive meh.

Um, depending on what PC someone has, it is most likely that the PS3 will be better in terms of graphics, specs, and controls. js.

what do controlls have to do with anything? controlls can work fine on PC. also, keep in mind the age of the PS3, it's not as graphically advanced as your making it out to be. even if some people are limited to not being able to play, thats just how PC works, and some playing is better than nobody. also this isnt exactly high end of the graphics department. 1.5 is PS2 level graphics(well PS2/3DS) i doubt that many people wont be able to run it.

Not everyone has a Wii U, you know. It only just came out. At least people have had a few years to afford the PS3. If people can afford Wii Us for Christmas, they could've got a PS3 instead, knowing full well what KHHD is coming out on (obviously there's exceptions, I know it's not always as simple as that and a lot of people merely didn't want a PS3).

I'm not saying the series shouldn't go multi-platform at some point, cause it should, but not to the Wii U. That's not the right console for a KH game at all imo. They've never released on a brand new console and quite honestly the Wii U would be the last thing I'd want it on.

/opinion

(And I'm not hating on the Wii U, as I'm considering getting one at some point. I just don't want KH on it.)

Nobody wants KH on Wii U! Wii/Wii U isn't the right console for such a game. DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was available on Wii and it sucked. Don't want a KH Game to suck too. Just let it be how it is, it's the best for the perfect performance. 

Then you should also know that it's highly unlikely to go on Wii U

Actually DBZ BT3 was quite an enjoyable experience in the Wii. It didn't suck at all.

I prefer Xbox personally due to my Halo fandom >.> but I'm already gonna buy a PS3 by February. Hell, at least I can play The Last of Us as well as KHHD xD

And what the firetruck is the deal with Wii U? :/ I see no appeal.

Edited by Oathkeeper136

playing on a PC sucks. I rather playing on a console

and theres no better console than ps3 right now and only it will get off the throne when ps4 cames so yeah  ;)

and thats your opinion. but there are many more people who enjoy playing games on PC, nobody is saying make kingdom hearts PC or wii U only. also no one console is "King" right now

PS3 might top xbox graphics wise but it has so many flaws that xbox dosent. no backwards compatability(which is just pathetic), no cross game voice chat, no trophy auto-sync, the amount or system updates and the time it takes to install them. 

I just find it ridiculous how closed they are making Kingdom hearts when they are a third party developer. theres no reason not to put it on PC at least, at most it should be on PC and Wii U.

It costs them money to put it on multiple systems. It'll be easier and cheaper. And besides, I personally think it's pointless to put it on the Wii U (the PC I wouldn't mind). Besides from a menu touch screen, what more can you do with a game that came from an old system? I don't think you want to shake the controller around and either break your arm or the controller itself while swinging the Keyblade.

Actually DBZ BT3 was quite an enjoyable experience in the Wii. It didn't suck at all.

Oh sry, there are sure people who enjoy this... Should have said that I dislike move-controllers too :0 

I wouldn't mind KH on Wii U.  Does that make me nobody?

You sir, have no Heart ಠ_ಠ

Oh sry, there are sure people who enjoy this... Should have said that I dislike move-controllers too :0 

You sir, have no Heart ಠ_ಠ

well Wii U isnt primarily more controller based. and it has the pro controller avalible. (would be pretty fun though to uise a keyblade like the lightsaber in force unleashed though, but thats just me)

also so much win with the heart joke xD

Edited by Skyace 65

I prefer Xbox personally due to my Halo fandom >.> but I'm already gonna buy a PS3 by February. Hell, at least I can play The Last of Us as well as KHHD xDAnd what the firetruck is the deal with Wii U? :/ I see no appeal.

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that while people couldn't be annoyed buying a PS3, they most likely bought or were given a Wii U for xmas, so their reaction is "Put it on that, I have that"

If KH were to come out on all those systems you mentioned, would you buy each copy for said systems? Because thats vibe I'm getting.

Whoever cries about it being PS3 exclusive should stop crying and face the fact that if you don't buy a PS3, you will NOT be involved in the next few years of KH and you will miss out on KH 3, along with many others.