Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Think Pink

☁「Dark Side of Sunnybrook「 ☁ [Roleplay]

Meredith walked up to Johnny and sighed.

"Well, that's almost all of them, they're all pretty ticked that they have to get rid of the electronics, as usual."

Johnny rolled his eyes. "They always are. They always are."

As Ariella was heading to her cabin, she looked at her surroundings, and began to notice something strange. Everything started to seem less... Horrible.

The horrible excuse for an archery range seemed to have brand new bows and freshly painted targets.

The horrible brownish lake seemed to now be a shiny greenish hue. Everything she thought the camp would be... Was what Ariella was now seeing, not the horror movie set she saw when she first came.

Ariella glanced to the forest.

"Even the forest seems less creepy. Still, I'm not checking that place out any time soon, I'm blonde the hair color, but I'm not BLONDE the lifestyle." She laughed as she had finally approached the cabin. Before Ariella walked in, she heard a crunch of a stick coming from the forest.

She quickly snapped around and looked towards the trees. Ariella could barely make it out, but there was no mistaking it. In the shadows, was a figure, seeming to stare directly at her.

"H- h- Hello?" She asked stuttering.

The figure and Ariella stood there for a few seconds, before the figure disappeared in the shadows of the forest and was gone. Ariella simply collapsed to the ground, and her eyes didn't leave the place the figure had been standing at.

Edited by VIIth Angel

The camp conselours came to check Laurel for electronics, but they needn't bother. She had a habit of following the rules, and hadn't brought anything in the first place. The closest thing she had to anything electronic was the mechanical pencils in her bag. "Which cabin will I be staying in?" she asked. "Burgundy." Laurel nodded and headed in the direction of a cabin painted a color similar to a dull auburn. "At least its standing." she muttered. The camp was beginning to look less dreadful, though. The activites that Johnny had talked about were really here, and not some shoddy attempt at making it look fun. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

(Agh. Finally had the sense to look at the first post. I've edited it, sorry.)

Edited by Namine`

Jude rolled his eyes at the rules the counselors had set for them. This camp was sounding more and more like a refinement program. Except maybe in the program he would've been allowed his phone. As he walked over to Meredith to hand over his phone, he thought that the electronics rule was a bit silly (moronic even). If he dies here and can't call for help, he's going to haunt the counselors for the rest of his life. 

He walked up to Meredith and handed his iPhone (he didn't have a need for any other device, as his phone already had his life on it) over with a smile that overlapped a sneer. "Camper Jude Walker reporting for this... 'super awesome camping experience'!" His voice went up a couple of pitches towards the end, and his smile was so wide (and so obviously fake) that his cheeks were screaming in pain. Meredith took his phone, and informed him that he'd be staying in the Green Cabin. Jude looked over in the cabin's direction. It was green. Obviously. Come on, they could've come up with a better name than Green Cabin. Why not the Forest Fortress? Alliteration is good for anything! 

Jude walked over towards the Green Cabin. He doubted Judy would be in the same cabin as him, as they were always separated when it came to groups throughout school, even when the teachers didn't know them. It was always a weird sixth sense for people to keep them apart. Nonetheless, Judy would come looking for him later. After all, they had to break in the cabins the only way they knew how. 

As he arrived at the Green Cabin, he saw Luna-Sol. Seeing that there were more female campers than male, it was no surprise that there was co-ed bunking. 

Jude looked down at her, then at the cabin, before saying, "If there are bunk beds, I call the top bunk."

Edited by Ivan

Luna-Sol stared at the cabin. The tiny set of stairs seemed so old that one step and they would snap. "Well,we might as well get over this."Luna-Sol says. If the outside seemed old and weak,she could only imagene the inside. Luna-Sol walked up to the cabin door and twisted the doorknob,opening it as the door squeaked. The inside of the cabin had two bunkbeds on teach side of the room. A small end table with a lamp on it,and a single chair,along with a round green carpet in the middle of the cabin. It was spacy,but needless to say the place was dusty. The windows were dirty as they bearly allowed to look outside. There were a spiderweb or two,not big time spiders but a bit disturbing no less. Luna-Sol walked inside the cabin and to the bunk-bed,passing one finger on one of the boards to collect a bunch of dust on it. "When was the last time this was clean??? More likely since a year ago I presume."Luna-Sol says a bit disgusted as she took a step back. She stepped on the carpet to hear a loud squeal. She looked down to see a rat crawl from under the carpet,scurring to the freedom of the outside. This made Luna-Sol jump and climb up one of the bunkbed stairs and stay there,afraid there were more rats around. "I have a feeling this is going to be a long summer."Luna-Sol says.

Lucas quietly walked up to the counselor, who had asked for all of the present campers to come up front, tell them their names, and relinquish any and all electronics they happened to have on them.

Wonderful. No electronics whatsoever...great. How are a bunch on teenagers supposed to survive this? Lucas cracked a smile. He wasn't that dependent on electronical devices, but it made life a hell of a lot more interesting.

When a counselor approached Lucas, he gave a very fake and deliberately loud sigh, handing the counselor his iPhone. "Lucas Donovan." Lucas said, watching as the counselor ticked off something on a clipboard, "You're cabin is Cabin Blue." The counselor said, and Lucas nodded.

"Wonderful." Lucas whispered with a slight sarcastic tone as he walked to his designated cabin.

Laurel walked up to the cabin, the only other person here was a boy with blonde hair. She sighed slightly as she dragged herself over, until she noticed something in the grass, or rather someone. "Hello?" She bent down slightly. She didn't think anyone here would lie down to enjoy the view. "Hello?" she asked again, now on her knees to see who it was. She was one of the girls from earlier, but Laurel knew nothing about her. "Hey, you should probably get to your cabin or something-" She stopped as she leaned over to get a better look. The girl eyes were fixed in a certain spot in the distance, but they were dull, like a deer caught in the headlights. Laurel shook the girls shoulder, starting to feel panic rise up in her. "Are you okay?" She asked, barely able to keep her voice from shaking.

Ariella heard Laurel talking, and was trying desperately to respond.

(It was nothing Ariella.) She was trying to tell herself. (It was an animal, a harmless animal. It has to be...

Meredith was going around the camp making sure everyone was finding their cabin. She glanced over to the distance and noticed Laurel helping a girl on the ground.

"It's that Ariella kid." She muttered, heading over there.

Meredith approached the two girls, and cleared her throat.

"What's going on here?" She asked sternly.

Torrin sighed, having just come to a stop.

"Dunno. Saw her collapse. Seems you got here before me."

Torrin shrugged, shifting his bag. "You ok?" He asked kindly. And he didn't even know he could do kindly. Oh well. Learn something new every day.

Edited by Oathkeeper136

Judy hadn't bothered to bring any electronic gizmos, assuming the camp was going to be something LEGIT and she wouldn't have been able to keep her shit hidden. But she could have just hid her phone in her growler like people do with drugs. 

She walked up to the curvy counselor from earlier that she never got to properly check out and extended her hand for a shake. 

"You met me already, but as a reminder, my name is Judy! Judy Runner!" She smiled big, looking the counselor up and down. She was pretty enough. 

Miss McCafferty shook her hand with a (what seemed) to be a genuinely friendly smile. "Hey they Judy! Glad to see a camper with spirit! No electronics I presume?" 

Judy shook her head. "No ma'am, didn't see any point in bringing them."

The counselor scanned her clip board. "Well hun, you're in a Blue Cabin, so head over there and make friends with your room mates!"

McCafferty waved Judy off as she strolled towards her cabin where she spotted another dude (the third besides the counselor). She ran up behind him and slung her arm over his shoulder.

"What's up buddy? Looks like we're gonna be staying in this nasty cabin together for the next few weeks so it's probably a good idea to get acquainted now."

Katelyn looked for the room she was assigned to which was burgundy cabin.As she was heading over she saw some people sorrounding one of the girls In the group.She ran over to Laurel,"Is she alright?"

Jude followed Luna-Sol into the cabin, and bumped his head against the top of the door in the process. As he rubbed his forehead, he did a quick scan of the cabin. Dust, spider webs, dust, bunk beds, dust, green circular rug, and even more dust. What the luxury suite. He walked over to the set of bunk beds on the opposite side of the room, and tossed his bag up onto the top bunk. Dust flew into the air, causing Jude to cough.

"I'm guessing that they're not going to provide us with cleaning supplies either," Jude grumbled. Then he flinched, unprepared for Luna-Sol's scream. He spun around to see a rat run out from the carpet to out the door. "Don't these places have to undergo health inspections? If so, I want to know how in the hell they passed, because this place isn't sanitary." He unzipped his bag, reached in, and dug out his lighter. He ran his thumb over the grinders, igniting a spark. Although he had nothing to light, it was a good distraction for his hands that would otherwise twitch at his sides, or in his jacket pockets. 

Jude wanted to close the cabin door, afraid that one of the counselors, or other campers, would come and invade his sanctum of solitude. However that'd just leave dust to collect and gather in the air, and that just wouldn't do. Instead, he sat down on the lower bunk, still playing with the lighter, generating a few sparks. 

"I don't think it's a feeling, I'm ninety-five percent sure it's a fact that this will be a long summer," Jude replied to Luna-Sol's comment, "Maybe we could just hibernate for the summer. After all, 'Bugs Bunny' said that we can manage our time however we wished." 

Eventually Ariella snapped out of it.

"There was something... Over there..." She said pointing to the forest. "I swear there was."

Meredith paused. (No, it couldn't possibly be... Not like what happened last time...)

Then she shook her head. "It was probably a deer, honey. I won't lie there are animals in there, but harmless ones I assure you."

She looked to Laurel and the others.

"I'm sure you could keep her company for a while until she's better alright?" Meredith asked.

Ariella shook her head.

(That was too tall to be a deer.) Ariella thought. (It was standing. It was...)

Luna-Sol got down from the ladder and walked outside before returning with her bag. "I would consider that a good plan if there wasn't the fear of something crawling on me while I sleep."Luna-Sol says as she got her bag next to the bottom bunk bed. She stared at the bedsheets,covered in dust. "Ohh..."Luna-Sol says with a  bit regret. She then picked up the pillow and walked outside. She started to hit the pillow with her hand while holding it with the other to get the dust off it. Dust flew all over the place as she did so. She had to look away and close her eyes a bit. After cleaning the pillow that way she inspected the insides of it to make sure there weren't any surprises. "Thank god there's nothing inside."Luna-Sol says before returning inside and setting the pillow on the bed. She then brushed her hand on the bed itself to remove atleast most of the dust that covered it,before sitting down. "We are not allowed to go into the forest,then how so we have forest all around us? By the time the activities run out it's pretty much begging us to break the rule and scour into the forest for a sleepover."Luna-Sol says as she removed her sunglasses and looked out the window for a bit.

"Eh?" Lucas was surprised that someone had just slung their arm over his shoulder, and he nearly jumped because of it. "Eh, yeah." Lucas mumbled, surprised someone had bothered to speak with him.

If I don't drive them away know, it'll happen sooner of later. He thought depressingly, but tried to steer his mind away from depressing thoughts. "Well, my name's Lucas." Lucas said, walking up to the near-rotten door that lead into the 'Blue' Cabin.

From there, he could already smell the musty stench that lurked inside, and Lucas smirked, "Seems like cleaning the cabins isn't a big priority...or no one ever comes to this cabin." Lucas commented, putting some force into the door; which seemed to be stuck in it's frame.

Judy scowled. Didn't seem anymore different than the rest of the campers. Everyone except the one pretty counselor and Jude had disappointed her.

"Well my name's Judy," she said dully, wondering when's the soonest she and Jude could have a puff. She helped her roommate open the door which was wedged in, pushing against with her shoulder. Eventually it flew open, surprisingly not falling from the hinges, and a nauseating odor fell out from the cabin, momentarily making her gag.

Once she could breath and look into the cabin, she was just as let down and slightly nauseated by the inside.

"The cabins at cheer camp were much nicer." She made a disgusted sound at the thick layer of dust that seemed to cover everything. She didn't even dare touch anything until she got someone to clean the place up. The camp had to have staff OTHER than the counselors right? There was bound to be someone who'd be willing to make the place look nicer. 

Not being able to bear the scene or lingering stench any longer, Judy walked out of the cabin, leaving her luggage on the floor of the nasty place, and took a big deep breath of somewhat fresh air. 

She wondered where Jude was, not having asked what cabin he was in or what unfortunate souls were rooming with him. Actually, she felt bad for him seeing as it seemed he was going to be surrounded by girls this whole trip. Luckily, no one here seemed that chatty so he could probably suffer through it without killing anyone.

Torrin glared at Meredith for a moment, not really believing hr. He thn offered a hand to Ariella. "Torrin. I guess I have the pleasure of being your bunkmate." He said, a bit tired already.

"Boundaries I'd understand, but not going into the forest at all? They're hiding something." Jude had put his lighter into his pocket, and he now had his elbows resting on his knees, and his head rested upon his clasped hands. "It's like Hogwart's Forbidden Forest. They tell students not to go in it because there are dangerous creatures lurking inside. Now, if there were dangerous animals like wolves of bears, they wouldn't have made a camp in this area. I have a feeling they're hiding something else." He got up and started to pace around the room, one hand behind his back, another clutching his chin. 

Different horror scenarios ran through his head. Perhaps there's an underground factory that's skinning campers and selling the meat to cannibals and the entrance is in the forest? Maybe the forest is where they take disobedient campers to dig their own graves and then they're shot into them. Or maybe there's just a crazy killer that lives in the forest waiting for campers to wander in. There's also the possibility of some supernatural force playing them all like pawns.

Little did Jude know that all of his thoughts were being spoken aloud. It was habit of his that he'd yet to kick, even after a group of kids in high school literally tried to kick it out of him. He stopped in the middle of the room, shaking his head. 

"I'm probably just off my rocker, paranoia sinking in and all that jazz. You know who has the perfect fix for that? Judy." Jude turned to Luna-Sol. He felt guilty about leaving her on her own, since he had no idea if they were going to have another cabin mate. Besides, not like a little Mary Jane was gonna hurt her. "You should tag along, Judy says she has the ultimate stress reliever. Trust me, you'll forget everything about this shitty camp." 

Luna-Sol looked up. "Judy."Luna-Sol muttered. She thought for a bit and smiled. "Sure. It'll be fun. I would like to meet her after seeing how bad the cabin was. Haha."Luna-Sol says. This camp was pretty rundown. The campers and councelours being the only ones bringing life into this place. "Let me set something up real quick first."Luna-Sol says. She looked through her backpack and took out a tiny version of a dream catcher that her mom had given to her. It was tradition that these would take away bad dreams and catch them within the webs. She tied it up the bottom of the top bunkbed,so it would be above her as she slept. She smiled and turned to Jude. "Alright. Lets get going."Luna-Sol says as she walked to the door. She turned to Jude. "In which cabin is she at?"Luna-Sol asks smiling,her happy-go-attitude that made her mark showing once more. Something then catched her eyes as she thought she saw something out one of the windows. She shrugged it off to her imagination.

Ariella took Torrin's hand and was helped up.

"Yeah, it was probably nothing, I guess..." She pretended to give in. She still thought it was more than a deer, but she didn't want to risk sounding crazy, she was still trying to make friends despite her rough start. She looked to all that were near her.

"Thanks for your concern, guys, I know I was a jerk to some of you at first, but I'm not really like that, I promise." She tried to assure them.

(That figure was literally the creepiest thing I've ever seen.) She thought. (And what's with the camp starting to suddenly look aesthetically better? Something weird is going on, and I definitely wanna find out what.)

Meredith sighed. "Well, I'll be on my way. Do try to get some rest if you need it dear." And she marched away, glancing at her clipboard.

Johnny was standing in the distance as he took his hat off, able to see the episode Ariella had.

"And I thought everything would go smoothly." He said to Rachel. "But we might have the same problem we did last year. Hopefully the 'problem' will stay in the forest." He sighed, lighting a cigarette and taking a puff.

Laurel let out a sigh of relief, glad that she hadn't been hurt. "It's okay, we all have our moments." Suddenly, she remembered a name overheard when the conselours were talking to the campers. "Ariella, right? I'm Laurel." she started walking back to the cabin, but from the looks of it, she would've rather slept in the forest. Probably less bugs and dirt in the forest than there is in the cabin. She thought sarcastically. Laurel pushed open the door, and suprise suprise, the interior was a mess. Two bunk beds, a small table, and enough dust to cover the whole camp ten times. "Just perfect." Laurel muttered, tossing her bags on a lower bunk, then promtly sneezing.  

Katelyn walked into the cabin and waved 'Hi' to Laurel.She placed her bags and guitar on the floor next to her.

"Well looks like this place could use some cleaning."

Katelyn grabbed the pillow on the top bunk and brought it outside.She continued to beat the pillow until all the dust was gone.

As she cleaned up the cabin,Katelyn began to sing to herself.

Judy looked at the sky and realized how it was starting to get late. She decided she'd go find her bud so they could party a bit earlier since the counselors didn't give a shit as to what they did.

She looked over to her room mate.

"I'm gonna go find my bestie, it's cool if you wanna tag along. Actually, I encourage you too, it's not healthy to be all alone in this dumpster." She scanned the cabin again and scrunched up her nose. "A monster might pop up and eat you."

She grabbed his wrist, not really waiting for an answer, already deciding for him, and dragged him behind her as she started walking past the other cabins.

"Just keep a look out for this GIANT of a dude with glasses. You won't miss him. And maybe later you could chill with us. It'll be hella mellow." She continued blabbering on as she walked past the green cabin and spotted him. 

"JUDE! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" she yelled, not wanting to get closer to cabin than necessary. 

Edited by Koko

Torrin took a top bunk, throwing his stuff on it amd climbing up.

"Once clean...least it will be better for my room." He said, looking unimpressed and a bit depressed.

(Sprry. Been u able to think what to post. And the sign ups are closed iirc.)

"Don't worry, Judy knows how to spice things up. If she didn't I probably would've stopped hanging around her once I developed a judge of character," Jude said as he watched Luna-Sol hang up her dream catcher. He didn't know people still hung those up, let alone know people believed they worked. Nothing against anyone who did though, Jude had nothing against them. 

Jude walked towards the door, standing in the doorway. He thought for a second at Luna-Sol's question, scratching his head in the process. No, he didn't know which cabin Judy was in. He also didn't bother tell her which one he was in. Wow. He was an idiot. There was no way he was going to go searching for her either. 

"Honestly... I have no idea whi- well there she is," And as if by a miracle, he heard Judy's voice. Jude was sure that the whole camp heard Judy's voice. He turned his head to look out the door. Judy was a few yards away, keeping her distance from the cabin. She also had another kid with her, most likely her cabin mate. Jude nodded his head in Judy's direction, signaling Luna-Sol to follow him as he exited the cabin. 

"I would've thought by now that you learned to keep your voice down at an indoor level," Jude commented as he walked up to Judy. He mockingly cleaned his ear out with his pinky, "I think I've gone partially deaf from that you know, and I'm not paying for hearing aids."

((Sorry for such a late reply, classwork and all that keeping me busy x.x))