Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's Story

Aw, that's a really neat story!  It's very interesting that you'd sort of found the site by chance like that.

Tell us how you came to become a member of the News and Content Team!  Was it interesting, perhaps over tea with Aaron and DC? :D

This will be told over the course of several stories. :)

My first/original post on this topic can now be seen below in this spoiler.

The interesting, mysterious and funny story of Sora96 throughout KH13.com's history is about to be revealed.

Here I will post short stories from my story. You can get involved as well. You can ask me questions about my story, and ask me to write about something in particular.

I hope to see plenty of suggestions, questions and feedback.

To kick things off we will start from the very beginning. 

The following events take place in: June 2009.

For awhile I had been viewing Kingdom Hearts videos on YouTube and one day I typed in a URL. I think I was meant to type in a certain .net URL, but for some reason I typed in "KH13.com". Fate? Perhaps, I like to think of it as "Destiny". For the first week or so I was watching the Re:Chain of Memories, English cutscenes in the archive. No, these were not what we have up now, (I uploaded the ones we have up now.  ;).

And I after I finished watching them I decided to sign-up. This was on June 19, 2009 (June 18 2009, U.S time) I remember the first topic in "Recent Topics" was DChiuch asking people if they needed help with Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts II. I think he called himself an "expert" on defeating him. 

And to conclude this one, I replied to a topic which said "i'm the newest member". I replied to it with "im the newest member now!". AaronDesign (I'll admit his name sounded pretty cool then. But now how gay does that name sound now?) replied to my post with "Then make a topic introducing yourself". 

I didn't do it.

- Sora96

I think it is interesting that some of the most wonderful events happen because of a simple accident. None the less it is always interesting to hear someone's personal story, aka autobiography.  ;) I look forward to reading more.

Due to popular demand I will be doing a series of mini stories centred around me joining the staff and my promotions over the years.

How Sora96 joined the staff - Part One

Shortly after I joined KH13.com (June 2009) I noticed a topic which asked: "Who wants to become a moderator?". DChiuch and Aaron were looking for KH13.com's first ever moderator/staff member. Unfortunately I missed it, they already decided on kairiwilson1 over Luzzekatt. I wonder if they regret that decision...

The next few months were filled with classic KH13.com content and members. Including Nathan, Chronic Tumour and AD's legendary topics. I learnt many things. At one point I was a rude 13-year-old. Some other legends also joined.

Then in late 2009 when I met (started talking to DChiuch & Aaron plus KairiSora06/Cella Door and other people on MSN) DChiuch and Aaron, things started to look up. At that point I was doing whatever I could to help them. This mainly meant finding news/content, asking questions, making suggestions and reporting problems. A major thing being the Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix cutscenes (that were never added to the archive). I told DChiuch whenever there was a problem (there were quite a few cutscenes with Theatre Mode left in them) and helped them with the cutscenes not in Theatre Mode. I was rewarded with a Custom User Title. These were a big deal back then, with only a select few people having them. I called myself "Keyblade Master" for awhile..... Aaron knew it then, it was gay....I like being claimed by Cricket.

Oh yeah, Aaron said he hated Kingdom Hearts' dialogue calling it childish and shit. He did however like Tarzan's line: "Not Clayton". And he had only ever played Kingdom Hearts. None of the others. Pretty sure nothing's changed. Interestingly Aaron went to bed after Deep Jungle in 2011's KH13.com, 24 hour Kingdom Hearts live stream. 

After KH2FM it was onto Birth by Sleep's Japanese version. Quite a few issues I had to report, and some were never fixed. This was because DChiuch WAS going to re-record them in much better quality. I hope no one actually cared about them.... 

To be continued...

How Sora96 joined the staff - Part Two

For the next few months I helped DChiuch whenever I could. Which wasn't much, it was mostly me telling him what he had to do. Haha. 

But then.

July 2010

DChiuch and Aaron were looking to add stuff to the gallery. I linked them to some things they needed. One thing in particular led to me joining the staff.

The GameSpot and IGN screenshots totalled about 2,000. I was asked to download them and then upload them all to the gallery. I agreed on one condition: I become a "Project Manager" at the time this was the only staff position other than Admin and Forum Mod. So then in one day I downloaded and then uploaded all 2,000 odd screenshots. To this day, it is one of my proudest achievements in KH13.com history.

A few days later I become a Project Manager, it also gave me my first taste at moderating forums (not counting a time when DChiuch made me delete some spam I made......). I was able to moderate the projects (character and world pages). Soon after "Project Manager" was changed to "Contributor". DChiuch could probably tell I wasn't impressed. But I got on with the job and continued to upload many articles, books, photos, screenshots, wallpapers and later the manga. Over the following couple of years I uploaded thousands of images. I have our entire gallery backed up. :)

Later in 2010, I was promoted to "Gallery Manager". A great improvement! :)

To be continued......

In part three, DChiuch sends me a couple of DVDs. What was on them? You'll have to wait and see!

How Sora96 joined the staff - Part Two

For the next few months I helped DChiuch whenever I could. Which wasn't much, it was mostly me telling him what he had to do. Haha. 

But then.

July 2010

DChiuch and Aaron were looking to add stuff to the gallery. I linked them to some things they needed. One thing in particular led to me joining the staff.

The GameSpot and IGN screenshots totalled about 2,000. I was asked to download them and then upload them all to the gallery. I agreed on one condition: I become a "Project Manager" at the time this was the only staff position other than Admin and Forum Mod. So then in one day I downloaded and then uploaded all 2,000 odd screenshots. To this day, it is one of my proudest achievements in KH13.com history.

A few days later I become a Project Manager, it also gave me my first taste at moderating forums (not counting a time when DChiuch made me delete some spam I made......). I was able to moderate the projects (character and world pages). Soon after "Project Manager" was changed to "Contributor". DChiuch could probably tell I wasn't impressed. But I got on with the job and continued to upload many articles, books, photos, screenshots, wallpapers and later the manga. Over the following couple of years I uploaded thousands of images. I have our entire gallery backed up. :)

Later in 2010, I was promoted to "Gallery Manager". A great improvement! :)

To be continued......

In part three, DChiuch sends me a couple of DVDs. What was on them? You'll have to wait and see!

That is a good bit of promotions! :O Nice!

Can't wait to find out what he sent you. xD

How did I not see this any sooner? Dx

You have a very interesting story. I'm already hooked. xD 

You definitely had a lot of promotions! :D I can't wait to read the rest.

The best is yet to come. :)