Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
phantomhive

Too early for next-gen?

Now I haven't really been here for a while so im not sure if this has been talked about, (actually im pretty sure it has xD) but anyways guys with Sony's super secret hush-hush announcement nearing closer, and many believing it to be the PS4 or project Orbis if you wanna call it that or Microsoft's secret E3 doomsday clock. Do you think its still early for next-gen? and as a side question which video games that have been forgotten do you guys want to see back? :D

Sorry man but hey lets roll with it :) Do you think its too early for next-gen pokemon?

Too early for next Gen Pokemon?

No.

They are just going back to the time when each new main game came either the same year or the next year. (Like Pokemon Red and Blue to Yellow to Gold and Silver to Crystal)

Diamond and Pearl came out since 2006 and Black and White came out on 2010.

Thats roughly 4 years.

Now its 2013 and its been 3 years since Black and White, and I think its probably about time. Besides its not a surprise they are dishing this game out already.

Also there has been SO many games on the NDS right now, good thing they switched over to the 3DS. 

Edited by Shana09

But next gen has already started. We have the 3ds, wiiu and pspvita. There's no way it's too early.

The wiiu isn't next gen (it's middle system between gens)

and 3ds and vita are next gen for handhelds

But yes, Next Gen systems are going to happen soon, even if you're not ready for it.

Edited by Deadshot

Now I haven't really been here for a while so im not sure if this has been talked about, (actually im pretty sure it has xD) but anyways guys with Sony's super secret hush-hush announcement nearing closer, and many believing it to be the PS4 or project Orbis if you wanna call it that or Microsoft's secret E3 doomsday clock. Do you think its still early for next-gen? and as a side question which video games that have been forgotten do you guys want to see back? :D

To the original topic of this thread, I don't think it's too soon for the next generation of console. With all the ulterior forms of the current generation of consoles - all being essentially the same just a different size, colour or memory capacity - I think it's the right time for Microsoft and Sony to move on (much as I hate it so). Think about the gap between PS1 and PS2 then PS3. 2013/2014 would certainly follow that trend. I mean, when did the PS3 and Xbox360 come out, 2006? Logically, we should expect the next generation now.

As for Pokemon, they've rushed out too many crappy generations. It is, however, time for a whole new Generation that reminds us all why we all love Pokemon so damn much! Zetta PSYYYYYCHED!

To the original topic of this thread, I don't think it's too soon for the next generation of console. With all the ulterior forms of the current generation of consoles - all being essentially the same just a different size, colour or memory capacity - I think it's the right time for Microsoft and Sony to move on (much as I hate it so). Think about the gap between PS1 and PS2 then PS3. 2013/2014 would certainly follow that trend. I mean, when did the PS3 and Xbox360 come out, 2006? Logically, we should expect the next generation now.

As for Pokemon, they've rushed out too many crappy generations. It is, however, time for a whole new Generation that reminds us all why we all love Pokemon so damn much! Zetta PSYYYYYCHED!

but I like Gen V :c

Edited by Shana09

but I like Gen V :c

You mean BW/BW2? Man, I couldn't take that game seriously, but granted I liked it WAY more than Diamond and Pearl. I couldn't actually bring myself to replaying Pearl even once! But hey, that's my opinion, you know....

You mean BW/BW2? Man, I couldn't take that game seriously, but granted I liked it WAY more than Diamond and Pearl. I couldn't actually bring myself to replaying Pearl even once! But hey, that's my opinion, you know....

Couldn't? But it had so many mature themes to it. Like Ghetsis being an abusive father towards N. D8

Your opinion though. :P

Why do I have an odd feeling on my spine that says a remake of RSE (3rd gen) is coming after a year or two X/Y releases?

and why do I think after that remake Pokemon Z will come out a year after that remake or whatever?

It's probably going to be made for 3DS. 

The reason why it wasn't made for the NDS is because the NDS had already a GBA port slot, it was pretty pointless.

Lets not forget, you don't want to start your remakes to be the first ones in the series on a new system, you rather have a new Generation on a new system rather than a remake of an old one. 

Now the 3DS doesn't have a GBA slot so it's all good. 

Edited by Shana09

Couldn't? But it had so many mature themes to it. Like Ghetsis being an abusive father towards N. D8

Your opinion though. :P

Oh yeah, the story was well developed, but when we say 'Generation of Pokemon' the first thing that comes to mind are the pokemon themselves. The pokemon designs are what I couldn't take seriously. Liked the whole Team Plasma gig - sorta made me miss Team Rocket though :/

The wiiu isn't next gen (it's middle system between gens)

and 3ds and vita are next gen for handhelds

But yes, Next Gen systems are going to happen soon, even if you're not ready for it.

wii u is next generation no matter if its just now got hd(see wind waker hd? I havnt seen the ps3 or xbox do something that clear). and what are you expecting for ps4 and xbox(whatever)? sure they can add the new 4080 resolution and better graphics cards but not drasticly superior to wii u