Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tom

Time To Leave + Some Truths

I think I missed something. . .when did this all happen? I don't go on this site often enough apparently. 

I miss Hatok. I never knew what happened to him. 

Here are some points in no particular order:

1) Is it just me or do heaps of people on this site have real world problems they're trying to escape from? It's a real shock to me because I'm basically the opposite.

2) I've always wondered why all the mods were chicks.

3) Woohoo Aussie pride! what what

4) I feel sorry for Cricket. I've got no idea what happened even though I read what you wrote. Although, I did see Sora69's thread (I think) early on, and it was fine at that point. 

5) Well done for sticking up for your friends.

6) The 'c' word is a bit harsh.

7) The alphabet has 26 letters

9) Quail does indeed taste like chicken

14) boohoo

Dayum. Poor Cricket. :( This is terrible and I agree with you on many points.

tbch I can understand you leaving. Many people have with the recent unnecessary drama and such :/

And dayum. Just. Wow. Welp, these were all good points and I agree with a lot of it. Not much more to say. Take care, Tom.

I give props to you for standing up for your'e friends, and it sucks knowing that crap like that happens on a Kingdom Hearts fansite and it ends up hurting them.

Can't say I know you all to well, but take care man and I hope everything turns out well.

I wouldn't normally get involved with something like this, but allow me to address the things you've said about me.

So what does those three points mean? They tie up to the events that happened about roughly two weeks, in which Cricket attempted to do her JOB AS A MODERATOR and received backlash because of it. This regards back to the thread Sora96 made about Aaron. Mind you that this was against one of the newest Random rules that DC himself had made that one thread may not be directed towards a member or group of members, because many people may not get the jokes or it could possibly lead into targeting other members. That's the gist of it. So one mod, Kishira in particular, closed the thread due to violation of said rule. All was fine and dandy, until DC took the opportunity to go against his new rule, that you guys PERSONALLY COMPLAINED to him about, and opened the thread, basically breaking the rule.

Now I don't know how Cricket got into finding this thread, but all I know is that she took it upon herself to close the thread, stating that once again, goes against one of the rules implemented by DC himself. And what happened then? Cricket gets backlashed by you guys for doing her job, and I'm talking to you Sora96, you broke the rule and you're going to complain about Cricket? Unfortunately, I'm going to get back to you in a few, so keep tight my little Australian.

As you say, the point of the rule is to avoid topics that exclude others by only applying to a single member, or group of members. The topic in question was about Aaron, and since Aaron is the co-creator of the website, I consider him well-known enough such that jokes made about him do not really exclude a lot of people. It has nothing to do with who created the topic, as many expect, but rather that the topic was about Aaron. Anyone is welcome to make topics about Aaron.

Not that I agree with any backlash, just explaining my decision.

Cricket, had to put up with so much of it that she actually began to SUFFER. And I don't use suffering lightly, there is no means of over-exaggeration. It's to a point where she broke down, she had to avoid the site, she even had to avoid DC, which congratulations DC, you must be doing something right for her to do that. And this is the final straw that I will send hardship towards Cricket.

How have I made her suffer exactly? This is news to me, in fact, I would say that I'm quite nice to her. I mean, here's our last conversation:

[9/02/2013 4:13:09 AM] Cricket .: hey, are you mad at me? D:
[9/02/2013 4:13:39 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: hey, nah it's cool
[9/02/2013 4:13:45 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: but i'm actually going to bed right now, sorry
[9/02/2013 4:13:48 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: i'll talk to you later
[9/02/2013 4:13:53 AM] Cricket .: ok I'm really sorry for what happened
[9/02/2013 4:13:56 AM] Cricket .: and alright c:
[9/02/2013 4:14:01 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: night
[9/02/2013 4:14:04 AM] Cricket .: goodnight

Does that look like a conversation that would happen if I was somehow causing Cricket to avoid me? No, I don't think so... I haven't done anything

But I'm not just done yet, I have other final message and that's to you DC. I'll keep this one short though, I don't have much to say.

A) I understand that recently members have been giving you a hard time because of this new rule, and because of this new rule, everything has filled with chaos and arguments. I understand that hatok's actions are quite outrageous, if anything, and it was to a point where even I had defended you because it was just pure nonsense, but breaking your own rule does not set an example for the members. If you do not want members to break your rule, do not be a bystander and let it be broken for "special occasions". This is why I particularly grown distrust for you in the past because you did it how many times? And when I confronted you about it, all there was is, "I did nothing to you". Maybe so, but that's being hypocritical and even though you did this action after hatok complained about it after the rule, you did not help your case at all. No hard feelings, I mean, you did bring upon yourself when you chose to open the thread.

I explained this above, there's no "special occasions", it's simply that people such as me and Aaron are well-known enough and important enough to this website such that topics about us do not exclude people. Also what do you mean, I did it "how many times?" As far as I'm aware we're talking about a single topic, right? (Makes you wonder how the opening of a single topic can cause so much drama with people...) And when did you confront me about this? As far as I'm aware, we haven't talked about this particular incident. 

B ) Are you ever going to grow out of this female mod appointing that you absolutely refused to just appoint male mods (I still don't understand why people like baylaust are still not a mod, I'm being completely serious when I say that someone like him is a perfect example of a mod)? Sectional Mods don't count, especially since those that are male mods don't even had much power than the females ones. I don't even why Sectional Mods was a good idea when they can only control a certain portion of a forum. Now that one of your mods is gone ONCE AGAIN, and the few barely get on to help you prevent further problems, Sectional Mods are not going to solve the clusterfiretruck of problems with your own mod team. Just saying.

Why don't sectional mods count? The male sectional mods absolutely do have as much power as the female sectional mods :/ Sectional mods are a great idea, and so far it has been a very successful project. They will have more power in the future, and eventually will take on many of the responsibilities of the Forum Team, such as dealing with reports, having the ability to mod in all forums, etc, but the project is just getting started, this takes time. That said, it's going very well so far. I don't think it's fair to say that our mod team is a disaster, because as it is now, they do plenty of work and keep the forum functioning great. It's really not as bad as you make it out to be.

C) I understand you don't like me for some reason STILL, even though you tried to come to me about letting our differences go, but telling the other mods or the people in the MSN chatroom that I scared away one of your own mods, aka Jeny, none for nothing, but slander against me is a douchebag move, and I really don't appreciate it. I don't go around telling everyone you're a bad admin. I could but what would that solve? It would just make me look like idiot and then just get banned. Not even worth the trouble. Again with Sora96, I don't hate you or think you're a terrible person, but you're making yourself look really bad.

I've literally hardly ever talked to you, so please don't go assuming that I have a vendetta against you or something. I don't. There are no differences that need to be let go of. The incident that you refer to, me "claiming that I scared away Jenny", was literally OVER two years ago. And I never claimed that you were the sole reason for her leaving, simply that your argument with her the day before she left might have had some impact. But yeah. Over two years ago! Come on.

You say that I'm telling people you're a bad member, but you're not telling people I'm a bad admin, but:

- This one thing I said about you was over 2 years ago, and not nearly as bad as you make it out to be

- Who is the one writing paragraphs and paragraphs about me in public? I don't think I ever talked about you in *private* in the last couple years, let alone in public

D) One last thing, hitting on the mods? Seriously? Don't you have a girlfriend or something like that, unless the only relationship you're carrying around is your hand. Either way, hitting on the mods is pretty much a big no no, and yes, Cricket tells me about it. It's disgusting dude. Look for other Aussies in your area, not random American or whatever girls that you appointed to do work on your forum. Is every Australian person this much trouble?

If Cricket doesn't like flirting then I would suggest that she says something to me instead of going along with it? I mean, this kind of thing works two ways, I wouldn't be doing anything if Cricket wasn't also. This is kind of a private issue though, don't you think, not something to make a topic about?

This is more advice than me explaining my opinion, since right now your site is crumpling into massive amounts of chaos, and nothing is really being done about it. So chop chop, because I'm done being around for this dump, and after this point, good luck with some of the people here, you're really going to need it.

A couple of our thousands of visitors are obsessed with this drama = the site is crumping into massive amounts of chaos

Right

Why don't sectional mods count? The male sectional mods absolutely do have as much power as the female sectional mods :/ Sectional mods are a great idea, and so far it has been a very successful project. They will have more power in the future, and eventually will take on many of the responsibilities of the Forum Team, such as dealing with reports, having the ability to mod in all forums, etc, but the project is just getting started, this takes time. That said, it's going very well so far. I don't think it's fair to say that our mod team is a disaster, because as it is now, they do plenty of work and keep the forum functioning great. It's really not as bad as you make it out to be.

So pretty much you're going to make the secs into global mods. 

A couple of our thousands of visitors are obsessed with this drama = the site is crumping into massive amounts of chaos

Right

People do what people do.

For starters I did not delete your comment solely because of your quote of me. It was in the most part because of what you said after the quote. 

I'm fully aware of what Cricket's been going through for the past couple of years. I did worry for her at times, I did miss her when she went missing. When she went missing for months at one point I missed her to the extent I had a dream about her returning. 

Cricket made me a better person, if it wasn't for her I might have left KH13. She gave the confidence I needed to do certain things. It is not my fault she has left nor it was my fault she thought of leaving the past. For your quote of me today, you were not there. All was good between me and Cricket and she said she was thinking of leaving for good this time. I said that it was her decision. That if she left, she would be remembered and that I would miss her. I said I didn't need her anymore. This means I don't need to depend on her, I don't need to go her with every issue. She helped me grow as a person. And for that I am very grateful. I always want to be her friend. I have always thought of Cricket as a very good person. I've always thought of Cricket as a better and stronger person than myself. Whenever I needed her, she was there if she could be. 

As DChiuch said. The rule is you can't make topics about other MEMBERS. Aaron's the Co-Webmaster. He's not a member and never was. Now I admit I spoke rudely to Cricket about her locking of the topic. It was a mistake, and I apologized for it after she apologized for overreacting. I thanked her and she thanked me. Everything is fine between us.

I have no reason to apologize to Tom or should I say DeathSkull3000. I don't hold grudges. I didn't hold a grudge against you when you acted badly towards me and got yourself banned. And I won't for this topic either.

Also, another rule. If you have an issue with another person then contact them privately. You've never spoked to me about any issues and it doesn't look like you have to DChiuch.

I think that's all.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns feel free to send me a message. 

I read the whole thing even though I knew absolutely nothing about what was being talked about. I ljust love all this forum drama, so delicious. Oh, and bye, you seemed like a interesting character.

Edited by Alagoth

I wouldn't normally get involved with something like this, but allow me to address the things you've said about me.  As you say, the point of the rule is to avoid topics that exclude others by only applying to a single member, or group of members. The topic in question was about Aaron, and since Aaron is the co-creator of the website, I consider him well-known enough such that jokes made about him do not really exclude a lot of people. It has nothing to do with who created the topic, as many expect, but rather that the topic was about Aaron. Anyone is welcome to make topics about Aaron. Not that I agree with any backlash, just explaining my decision.

Hmmmmm, this is going by technical standards, but however, the backlash out of it ended up being unjustified, and even though it happened, in a similar event like this, regardless of who is the person for the thread, I don't think it's fair that the mods have to put up with that.I may of been off with the Aaron thread, but I'm more concerned with the backlash, and this kind of thing, although it won't stop, is unacceptable. I'm allowing people to see that these mods aren't here to bow down to them, and they should not be harassed because of some event. Cricket being harassed twice in a row, that's where the line needs to be drawn. 

How have I made her suffer exactly? This is news to me, in fact, I would say that I'm quite nice to her. I mean, here's our last conversation:  [9/02/2013 4:13:09 AM] Cricket .: hey, are you mad at me? D:[9/02/2013 4:13:39 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: hey, nah it's cool[9/02/2013 4:13:45 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: but i'm actually going to bed right now, sorry[9/02/2013 4:13:48 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: i'll talk to you later[9/02/2013 4:13:53 AM] Cricket .: ok I'm really sorry for what happened[9/02/2013 4:13:56 AM] Cricket .: and alright c:[9/02/2013 4:14:01 AM] Daniel Chiuchiarelli: night[9/02/2013 4:14:04 AM] Cricket .: goodnight Does that look like a conversation that would happen if I was somehow causing Cricket to avoid me? No, I don't think so... I haven't done anything

I think there's a slight misunderstanding, I wasn't implying that you were making her suffer. However, do understand that sometimes on MSN, she pops offline, and she has to tell me that she's getting offline because you're getting online or something, that's something that you two need to work out. I merely talk to her about other stuff, she talks to me about the KH13 stuff. All I have for details is that she avoids you quite a few times, so you're clearly presenting a problem to her, and one of the problems seems to be something below, which I'll get to a few. I have no doubt that you are nice to Cricket, but there's communication problems here. Figure it out between the two of you, not that Cricket's going to really sign in anyway. 

I explained this above, there's no "special occasions", it's simply that people such as me and Aaron are well-known enough and important enough to this website such that topics about us do not exclude people. Also what do you mean, I did it "how many times?" As far as I'm aware we're talking about a single topic, right? (Makes you wonder how the opening of a single topic can cause so much drama with people...) And when did you confront me about this? As far as I'm aware, we haven't talked about this particular incident. 

We've been over this matter about a member, and I talked to you about. I'm not going to go back to that again because it's been done and over with, and there's no point in beating a dead horse with a stick. 

I think I was little too underdetailed with this.First thing I noticed when I saw the Sectional Mods was when I checked out who was assigned to what forums. And I guess I had a little test because I checked out the genders of them, and it seems that male mods has less coverage of the forums than the females ones, which may be a small detail, but there's a clear difference here.The problem I see here with the mods is that now there's about what, 2 mods getting online now? The rest are calling it quits because stupid shit keeps happening and this is why the backlash against the mods is what's really killing this site at this point. The mods are getting harassed that they don't want to do it, as far as I can see.I'm not saying that Sectional Mods are a completely horrible idea, but I'd rather take a simpler route and bump them up to mods and see how it works from there. I'm not going to go into much detail, but I understand if you need to let it take time.But my opinion still stands for male mods, because this old habit isn't really working out anymore. 

I've literally hardly ever talked to you, so please don't go assuming that I have a vendetta against you or something. I don't. There are no differences that need to be let go of. The incident that you refer to, me "claiming that I scared away Jenny", was literally OVER two years ago. And I never claimed that you were the sole reason for her leaving, simply that your argument with her the day before she left might have had some impact. But yeah. Over two years ago! Come on.

For something that was over two years ago, I come to find this detail out LAST YEAR, and this was when Protoman was talking to me about being in the MSN chatroom and I don't know how the thought of me being in it came up, but when it did, I had to find out, at that time, you were talking bad about me. I found out sooner than I should have, and at that point, I was starting to think that there are grudges. I think we can both say that this is not the case anymore.However, in any case, there's no reason to talk bad about me, past or not. I'll leave it that this won't happen again. 

You say that I'm telling people you're a bad member, but you're not telling people I'm a bad admin, but:- This one thing I said about you was over 2 years ago, and not nearly as bad as you make it out to be- Who is the one writing paragraphs and paragraphs about me in public? I don't think I ever talked about you in *private* in the last couple years, let alone in public

People referring to the MSN Chatroom. However, I wouldn't know if you were telling other people, but I'm not going to make that assumption.Unfortunately, I'm still going to shed some light on some things in public, hence why the title says, "Some Truths". I'm going to state the truth since if I'm going to leave, I'm want people to know some of these shenanigans going on. And acting like I'm purposely saying bad things about you? I said that you were doing said action, I said I didn't appreciate it (again, it doesn't matter if was 2 years), and that's it. I didn't throw in an insult or discriminate you in any sorts. 

If Cricket doesn't like flirting then I would suggest that she says something to me instead of going along with it? I mean, this kind of thing works two ways, I wouldn't be doing anything if Cricket wasn't also. This is kind of a private issue though, don't you think, not something to make a topic about?

I have a suggestion. It's called just not doing it. Two ways or not, don't flirt with random people on the Internet, seriously. And I don't know what you want me to say about it in response. She keeps telling me she doesn't like it, she keeps signing off because you apparently sign in. I'm not making this up, she tells me that it's going on. Why isn't she not doing anything, well I'm not Cricket. I can tell her for her to tell you to stop. 

A couple of our thousands of visitors are obsessed with this drama = the site is crumping into massive amounts of chaosRight

If I'm getting notified by people that there are issues with KH13 multiple times in a short period about he said she said bullshit or old members retaliating, whatever it is, clearly there's a problem and it's being consistent. 6 months ago, I might of said this site = meh whatever, but right now there's way too many problems and too much drama that things are going to chaos.I had to say what I had to say. There have been a misinformed notion here and there, but if anything is clear, one mod became upset from this. If she's leaving because of these stupid events, then so be it, she's done. But I'm getting this as one of my messages:[2/13/2013 11:23:06 PM] Brittany: So[2/13/2013 11:23:17 PM] Brittany: I don't mean this to come off as rude but...[2/13/2013 11:23:35 PM] Brittany: I'm thinking about forgetting all about my internet friends[2/13/2013 11:23:45 PM] Brittany: no one cares about me[2/13/2013 11:23:46 PM] Brittany: and[2/13/2013 11:24:05 PM] Brittany: yeah I need to move onThen I'm going to have an issue with it. And people need to start reading about these things, because if I'm going to lose a good friend because of the stupid shit that goes on there, then I'm going to do what it take for people to open their eyes and see some of these issues.I needed to bring up a few points to you because quite frankly it was necessary, whether you feel it needed to be private. No more of this private nonsense, we need to bring up these things to the surface. And like I said, I said what I had to say with the best of my knowledge of what's going on. I don't hate you, I have nothing against you, but there's some things that needs to get off my chest if I'm going finally leave.I'm not going to argue with you about this any longer. You have valid points, and I have valid points, but everything has been said. Now I'm going to leave right after this post has been made, I wanted to read any particular posts that I would get, so that's it._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________Sora96, this one I'm actually keeping short.I already know about your friendship with Cricket, I'm aware of it. This is something oblivious to me.But she feels horrible about that comment that you don't need her, regardless if you meant that you don't need her advice. You're always going to need advice from people, always. You are never done learning, and people always have something to teach you.You're in good terms with her, fine. But never tell that to a person. Because from the logs, after she told what you said, she said that this was the final straw on KH13.I don't get it Sora, she said she was thinking of leaving for good, you tell her that you don't need, now she makes up her mind. It's not hard to put the pieces together. But what's the point in arguing because she's coming back, so it doesn't matter.I'm tired of having her always feeling depressed, and then your comment makes her feel worse. Of course I'm going to be mad at it. It's more to friends that just giving advice, then just going out there and say you don't need her advice. Advice or not, nothing was changed!And I don't want an apology from you, I would gain nothing out of it._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________So this is the final post. After this post is done, I'm signing out and there's no reason for me to sign back it.Everything has been said and done, as stated multiple times, and I got at least most of my points out.To DC and Sora96, it's not all about you when it comes to these troubles, but I feel the need to state my opinions, whether you like them or not.And yeah. That's it. Ta ta.

Edited by Tom

^Looks like we now have one less wacko to worry about. Hooray! :D *fireworks*I suggest we drop the madness brought up by this self contradicting doubting Thomas. Instead have a seat by the pool, sip piña coladas and reminisce about the old times. Namely, the day before this topic was posted.

I do hope the madness will be dropped as well. Hopefully DC drops it soon.

You know we haven't seen each other in person and we never will, right? Now this is a rhetorical question and 'Tom' won't respond, but seriously, come on. This is supposed to be a fun site where we support each other, and although I've made some stupid mistakes in the past, this bullshit on both sides has to stop. Some mean things were said. GET OVER IT. MOVE ON. Keeping on complaining about it is just contributing to the so-called 'chaos'.

I like this idea. A lot. 

this is all just zetta bullshit..... Tom, with the greatest of respect as I really don't know you, if you wrote this with the intention of leaving I advise you leave. You said your piece and personally I don't like the idea of having all of Cricket's or ANY member's close personal information on display here for all to see (especially if she comes back). I made that clear when this topic was discussed previously. I'm sure there is some validity in what you say, but it seems you posted this to pick a fight with DC and Sora96 and prove yourself right and be a hero.

I will keep my response short: If your intention was to defend Cricket, this wasn't the right way to do it. If you came to fight the staff, we are not going to bow to a mundane attack from a single member. If you came to stop drama, you're a fool. 'Drama' will occur time and time again to shake things up a bit - such is the livelihood of the community. 

Please man, do yourself a favour, do Cricket a favour, and everyone else a favour, and take this up with DC and Sora directly, and not attract so much negative attention to yourself. Cheers....

You know we haven't seen each other in person and we never will, right? Now this is a rhetorical question and 'Tom' won't respond, but seriously, come on. This is supposed to be a fun site where we support each other, and although I've made some stupid mistakes in the past, this bullshit on both sides has to stop. Some mean things were said. GET OVER IT. MOVE ON. Keeping on complaining about it is just contributing to the so-called 'chaos'.

Yes, this is supposed to be a website where we can come together and love Kingdom Hearts.

Okay I'm just gonna say a few words before I go on saying goodbye and shit.

I find this "Only female mods .' thing Sexist and rude.

96, me and TAOKM have staneded up for you a few times in the past, and all you did was make fun of TAOKM and another shit. And even tho you tried to ban me from the site (or whatever you were tryin to do) in the past cause I was young. I still stood up for you. But never once did you tell me you were sorry and never once did you say sorry to TAOKM.

DC is doing a fine job on the site. and TBH. Even tho he works hard, you guys bash on him and shit. 

"Omg I ain't gonna pay 99 cents for app even tho I really want one."

Okay I am in no mood what-so-ever to make a long post since I'm tired . 

So I'm gonna keep this short , if you don't like what I say, please just PM and I can check it when I come back. 

You guys act like me when I was 10 years old. Srly .  "Omg this rule is stupid." Keep that to your god damn self instead of making a firetrucking topic about it.

"Omg I hate this mod." If you don't like what the firetrucking mods are doing, either A: Talk to them CALMLY about it.

Or B: Leave the site.

Or C: Not pay any mind to them.

M.A.G.I.C Magic.

If you do not like one of the members and they are being mean/rude/whatever to you. Tell a mod, report them or just block em. 

And No. If you were being mean to somebody, even if it was 'trolling' and they report you. You do NOT have the right to make a topic about it and tell them they are a butthurt .

You . Are. Not. Ten. You guys want be treat like your age? Act like it.

You want people to like you? Be nice and stop being a jerk off to people for no firetrucking reason .

You want respect? Earn . It.

Again if you don't like what I said you may del it or if you are not a mod you may PM me about it.

Now back to Tom leaving.

I never talked to you really, TBH I found you a bit of a jerk when I first joined the site. But I think your a (still annoying) cool (annoying) dude . 

(I can't be nice to you all, I have to put annoying in there some where )

I wish you the best of luck in life. I'm not good at goodbyes at all sorry;
Peace.