Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
-AngelicHealing-

This is getting super weird...

So, I live with my best friend right now and have been since September because my home situation is... bad. At the time I started staying here, his cousin was also staying here, too. It was supposed to be for a week, and ended up being 3 months, until his cousin left. During that time, he slept on the couch and worked late hours (worked at 1am and got home around 3pm) so we never saw him often (or at least my best friend didn't, due to work). He's not too fond of his cousin, who he finds to be fake and only sucking up to his family when he needs them, but otherwise doesn't bother to contact and just say hello. I had gotten along with him, though, and he added me on Facebook, which I thought was no big deal since I have a lot of my best friend's family added on FB. 

But... he's always asking for pictures of me. I know that doesn't sound weird, but let me inform you all that he's like 30 or 40-something, with kids. In December, for example, I was on my way to hang out with friends who were coming in to the city from upstate. He said "Take lots of pictures!" and I said, "I will!" and he said, "I mean, send them to me!" I laughed it off and told him, "It's probably just going to be Times Square." He said, "It doesn't matter, as long as you're in them." That... weirded me out. A lot. 

Besides the fact that he's always asking for pictures, the other day I posted a picture on Facebook where I was all dressed up and joked that I looked like an English teacher (something I'm considering). He messaged me and joked about it, too, and eventually he said, and I quote; "I'd be happy to have such a cool, fun sexy lil' teacher to show off. LOL" That really wigged me out, so I tried to change the subject, saying "Maybe I should become one of those gym teachers who overworks their middle school students while eating donuts all class instead." and he wrote back "You don't have the body of a donut eater, though."

I showed my best friend, and he said "That's really weird. I told you not to add him. Now he'll never leave you alone!" But I don't know what to do now. He hasn't said anything particularly... freaky, but it still bothers me. I'm one of those people who chokes up saying "Hello" to someone, how do I tell someone about this?

:|

Edited by -AngelicHealing-

I think it'd be a good idea to avoid his cousin because that does sound creepy. For telling someone about just say what you said here. Tell someone you trust as best you can.

If someone is making you feel bad or weird never be afraid to say NO and put your foot down. You don't need to explain yourself to anyone .Personally this guy strikes me as a total perv and I would just tell him to back off and if he won't comply I would just cut off all contact.

He just messaged me again. Nothing weird, just friendly talk. I think at the very least, I'll implement that option for him to not see my pictures and wait a few days while I ignore him before I delete him. I know it might sound weird but I feel bad whenever I delete someone, even if they've been an asshole or weirdo to me D; 

This goes above and beyond "creepy", it's stalker-ish, and may be intrested in you sexually. I'd recommend unfriending that person immediately. ANYONE who requests pictures of you should be immediately deemed "suspicious" if not "avoid at all costs" level.If they get violent over this and you live in the US, man do I have some federal statuatory laws to tell you...

Edited by javelin434

Ah, really? I was worried it wasn't... to be taken seriously, in a sense. Like, "Oh, that's just how he jokes." I do have some friends who joke with me like that but I /know/ they're joking-- this just feels wrong.

In that case, I'll just unfriend him now.

He just messaged me again. Nothing weird, just friendly talk. I think at the very least, I'll implement that option for him to not see my pictures and wait a few days while I ignore him before I delete him. I know it might sound weird but I feel bad whenever I delete someone, even if they've been an asshole or weirdo to me D; 

Glad you made a decision, I don't think it's weird btw. It just shows that you're the bigger person and/or you are very kind, even to people you've been wronged by.

So, I live with my best friend right now and have been since September because my home situation is... bad. At the time I started staying here, his cousin was also staying here, too. It was supposed to be for a week, and ended up being 3 months, until his cousin left. During that time, he slept on the couch and worked late hours (worked at 1am and got home around 3pm) so we never saw him often (or at least my best friend didn't, due to work). He's not too fond of his cousin, who he finds to be fake and only sucking up to his family when he needs them, but otherwise doesn't bother to contact and just say hello. I had gotten along with him, though, and he added me on Facebook, which I thought was no big deal since I have a lot of my best friend's family added on FB. 

But... he's always asking for pictures of me. I know that doesn't sound weird, but let me inform you all that he's like 30 or 40-something, with kids. In December, for example, I was on my way to hang out with friends who were coming in to the city from upstate. He said "Take lots of pictures!" and I said, "I will!" and he said, "I mean, send them to me!" I laughed it off and told him, "It's probably just going to be Times Square." He said, "It doesn't matter, as long as you're in them." That... weirded me out. A lot. 

Besides the fact that he's always asking for pictures, the other day I posted a picture on Facebook where I was all dressed up and joked that I looked like an English teacher (something I'm considering). He messaged me and joked about it, too, and eventually he said, and I quote; "I'd be happy to have such a cool, fun sexy lil' teacher to show off. LOL" That really wigged me out, so I tried to change the subject, saying "Maybe I should become one of those gym teachers who overworks their middle school students while eating donuts all class instead." and he wrote back "You don't have the body of a donut eater, though."

I showed my best friend, and he said "That's really weird. I told you not to add him. Now he'll never leave you alone!" But I don't know what to do now. He hasn't said anything particularly... freaky, but it still bothers me. I'm one of those people who chokes up saying "Hello" to someone, how do I tell someone about this?

:|

Some thing tells me you friends cousin is a undercover pedo bear

Posted Image

Glad you made a decision, I don't think it's weird btw. It just shows that you're the bigger person and/or you are very kind, even to people you've been wronged by.

I'd like to think of it that way. Hopefully he doesn't contact me again, nor come over anymore. There's a big family event tomorrow, but he hasn't been to any of the other gatherings since he moved out.

Some thing tells me you friends cousin is a undercover pedo bear

Posted Image

Hehhehheh, I don't doubt it!

I'd like to think of it that way. Hopefully he doesn't contact me again, nor come over anymore. There's a big family event tomorrow, but he hasn't been to any of the other gatherings since he moved out.

One can dream. If he does go to the event that pretty much proves he's developed a rather unhealthy obsession with you, since he apparently only contacts family when he needs something.

One can dream. If he does go to the event that pretty much proves he's developed a rather unhealthy obsession with you, since he apparently only contacts family when he needs something.

Ugh. I shudder against that thought. Hopefully he's out of here for good. If he shows up, I won't hesitate to tell my best friend's mom what's going on with him. I know she won't tolerate it.

Ugh. I shudder against that thought. Hopefully he's out of here for good. If he shows up, I won't hesitate to tell my best friend's mom what's going on with him. I know she won't tolerate it.

At least you have a plan, and someone in your corner.