Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Do you think Time Travel will be possible someday?

Do you think Time Travel will be possible someday?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time Travel will be possible someday?

• Yes, it will! I believe it'll take a looong time, but someday it will become reality.
    • Yes, and I believe it's gonna be earlier than we think.
    • Not really sure... I would like if it became possible, but something tells me it won't.
    • Nah... That's something completely out of our reach.
    • Another option? Tell us below!

I'd like it to be possible, but I highly doubt our civilization will ever develop the technology for it, and even if they did it would be unethical to let anyone use it 'cause they could go back and mess it up.  Regardless of a mistake there are some things people would feel the need to rectify or get retribution for but you can't change the past, you have to learn from it.

The past is life's greatest teacher that will never, ever, ever, be changed, no matter how far we advance in technology or social structures. 

Besides, when you mess up, just remember: Hakuna Matata. 

Edited by wayfinder823

'Nah... That's something completely out of our reach.'

It's just not gonna happen. How could ANYONE physically go back in time? Time is just a measurement we made up as humans. The universe doesn't save what's happened. Past and future are in our minds, the only thing that really exists is the present.

(However I would still very much like it to happen, lol.)

As the paranoid conspiracist will say, "The government already has it, they're just hiding it from us!" Lol, JK.

I don't know if it will be or not, because I try to keep an open mind. But my parents told me that it was once a belief that human's can't go above 35 mph because their body's would implode. So, always have faith, and keep moving forward, right? You never know!

Plus, I feel like if we did find a way to time travel, I think it should be forbidden. There are different theories of how time travelling works: whether there's one dimension and the past and future can change (eg The Butterfly Effect), or whether it will create multiple dimensions (eg Dragon Ball Z). Either way, it could consult in certain people being or not being born. It could very dangerous!

I'm quite sure it's possible. All we need is a ship powerful and fast enough to get close enough to a black hole's event horizon but make it away. But, how likely is it for that to happen?

well, i dont believe it will exist but if it did we will only be able to move forward, and never backwards because of the laws of time. and when we do travel into the future. your pretty much stuck there. you will have no way of going back to your own time. so really i dont want time travel

I'd like it to be possible, but I highly doubt our civilization will ever develop the technology for it, and even if they did it would be unethical to let anyone use it 'cause they could go back and mess it up.  Regardless of a mistake there are some things people would feel the need to rectify or get retribution for but you can't change the past, you have to learn from it.

Exactly.....one small change and BAM! No more kingdom hearts or final fantasy.....that's why it's called the butterfly effect

I think that time travel is possible, but it will take an extremely long time even with the technology we have today.  I think we would have a problem with it. 1. I have figured out that going into the past creates an infinite time loop. 2. There are other things like paradoxes and stuff.  I figured out the infinite time loop thing from books I have read.  The character meets someone from the future, later finds out it is them and eventually has to do the same thing in order to save the world or whatever it is they are saving.

I don't believe it's possible. To me it just doesn't seem logical at all. Because I don't believe in multiply timelines or universums or anything like that, so if you travel back in time, that should mean that you travel back in time. Like, let's say a man living in 2050 travels to the year 1500. Then, he should really EXIST in 1500, also in that year of 2050's past. So his being there had already happened, so he shouldn't be able to change the past because the past he's in has already happened. And that should mean he wasn't able to do somethings and I still believe humans have free will so that'd just seem impossible to me. (Ugh, I think no one's able to understand anything I just tried to say -.- )

But on the other hand, at least I have heard that it'd be possible to travel forward in time. If an item just moves fast enough or something, but that of course wouldn't be possible for humen. But if it really is like that maybe it'll be possible some day for people too? I still don't believe travelling back in time would be possible, but on the other hand a lot of things I can't understand happen in this world, so who knows. Still, I don't wish time travel being possible.