Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
slmcknett

Are subtitle-less "KH HD" cutscenes possible?

I know that KH13 usually removes the subtitles from the cutscenes when they add them to the video archives, but is that possible to do with KH HD as well?

I only ask because I just read that some of the data in the game is worked differently than the other games (such as the music being unable to be ripped), so I was curious if that would present a problem to whomever updates the videos on this website.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question; I'm not exactly savvy in these kinds of technical matters.

There isn't an option to turn off subtitles in HD 1.5 ReMIX. In fact, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix still doesn't have a Theatre Mode sadly.We will have all the cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re:Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days along with complete playthroughs of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories as soon as possible. Please look forward to it.

There isn't an option to turn off subtitles in HD 1.5 ReMIX. In fact, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix still doesn't have a Theatre Mode sadly. We will have all the cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re:Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days along with complete playthroughs of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories as soon as possible. Please look forward to it.

There really isn't a theater mode for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix? that's annoying >.< does RE:COM still have its theater mode?

@Jeffrey Warner They didn't start Theatre Modes until Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+, I was hoping they would make one for KHFM in HD 1.5 ReMIX but sadly they did not. Nothing was removed from the PS2 versions.

@Jeffrey Warner They didn't start Theatre Modes until Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+, I was hoping they would make one for KHFM in HD 1.5 ReMIX but sadly they did not. Nothing was removed from the PS2 versions.

Ya i was hoping that they were going to make a theater mode for Kingdom Hearts final mix in the hd remix too, and also the subtitle remover considering it was in KH3D. i don't really know too much about programming, but i don't think it'd be too hard for them to make a theater mode and a subtitle remover considering they've made them before. 

They only had that in Kingdom Hearts 3D because some people couldn't read them with 3D turned on. It's impossible to remove the subtitles from the English version of Kingdom Hearts. So it would be hard for them to do it in HD 1.5 ReMIX.

Thanks for the responses.

But I'm confused by what you mean by "There isn't an option to turn off subtitles in HD 1.5 ReMIX". The other games, besides DDD, don't have the option to turn them off, either, as far as I can tell, but your videos still have them turned off.

So I'm guessing you mean that, how you turn them off in the other games just can't be done in KH1?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question; I'm not exactly savvy in these kinds of technical matters.

No question is ever stupid, every question is important no matter what it is. Just some advice.

Now I don't know if you can for the original KH and some of the others on the ps2 but I know in some other games there is a file that runs when one of the cutsecnes run that puts up the subtitles. If you get rid of that file you should be able to get rid of the subtitles. Though if the subtitles are coded right into the video it self it might not work. Though since most of the cutsences are rendered with the ingame engine the posibilty is still there. Now how and where and even if kh has this kindy of system for subtitles i don't know I am just saying that there is a posibility

Though before anyone starts to go and do this I also want to add that this might be illegal in some countries so keep that in mind while you are thinking about it.