Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
RoxSox

Text Life.

I really dont know where this came from... I just started writing, since I was bored and didn't sleep. This little one-shot is supposed to reflect my opinion on modern society... And what I think the future brings.

It also kinda glances in on a worst case scenario for the world really.

I hope you enjoy, if it doesn't depress the hell outta you.

~

It was night, or in technicality... early morning. I didn't have my watch on so I couldn't possibly know. It was raining, hard... lighting flashed in the distance, soon accompanied by a flash of lightning.

I sighed deeply, rain always had a way of saddening me. The drops of water seeped into the cloth of my shirt as I crossed the street, hands in my pockets. I grasped the wad of money in my pocket tightly, and walked into a corner Drug Store.

I bought a few things, a candy bar, a soda. And the morning edition of the newspaper... Everything was either boring or sad in this town, I thought, reading the newspaper. Boring and Sad was the easiest way to describe the large sprawling city.

My name is of no concern to you, and neither are my personal affairs. Love it or hate it, I don't give a damn.

I threw the paper in the nearest trash receptacle, as a recycling bin was nowhere to be found. I like to be somewhat Eco friendly, what with the faltering condition of Earth and all. Yes, all those myths of Global Warming and the ice caps melting, it all came true eventually. And those recurring earthquakes got progressively worse. And soon, the world fell to chaos. Flash Floods and unexplained disaster everywhere. Let me tell you, I was born in the wrong generation.

I ducked for cover under an awning when Lightning flashed overhead yet again. I hated storms, always did. Ever since I was little, I was terrified of lightning and thunder, I couldn't stand it. I would crawl into Mom and Dads room, or hide in the closet or under the bed until the storm passed. Good times. Sometimes I wish I could just go back and... relive the past. But, that isn't happening anytime soon.

I finally arrived at a creaky stairway that lead up to my apartment. It looked like junk from the outside, but it was actually fairly cozy inside. "Don't judge a book by its cover." Mom always used to say.

I miss Mom, ever since she and Dad seperated I havn't seen head or tail of either since. When I was sixteen, I got signed as an independent, meaning I had to live my own life and fend for myself. I proved I could provide for myself and make a living. And so it was confirmed. I live the free life, no parents or rules to hold me down.

Walking inside my building, I locked the door behind me. I paced over to the window and cranked the Air Conditioning unit up... I took my coat off and hung it up in the closet alongside my other clothing.

I sat on the bed and flipped the Television on, my thumb got sore managing all the channels. Finally I settled on the news. Nothing but pain and suffering of the world flashed before me. I changed the channel.

I had apparently fallen asleep, as I was rudely awoken by a loud clash of thunder. Startled, I jumped a little, my heart beat a bit faster. I realized nothing was going on, and I laid back down. I checked the alarm clock, Six A.M. I sighed, got up - reluctantly mind you -, and head to the door.

Nothing really new happened that day. I ran my same routine of walking through town, being bored. I was fairly broke until my next paycheck came in, so no shopping or anything along those lines. So I just gradually went back home. And took a nap.

~

What??? Did you write so many words to tell at end noting really happened, I tought Mr. Someone from your story would actually do something, that's funny, I never imagined such an unpredictable end.xD

Hmph, sounds like a regular day in the year 2010. Can't wait till we all die from the Earth's Tetrahedral Masses giving an irregular spin/ or break and causing a shift along the surface of the earth killing everything including us. What a wonderful 2 years we are going to have left -_- (Words from a Christian...me...)

It was first told in many prophecies by a man named Nostradomus. He was a "Future Seer" Or someone who looked into the future, he was very good at it as well. Then there were prophecies by different cultures talking about a great tragedy or a new beginning happening in 2012. It is in my religion to belive it, but of course as my mother had said..."It will happen when we least expect it."

In my religion it says that our world will pass through a transition moment,no one knows well when,and more or less 1/3 of the world population will survive,but that will change everything for better.

Heh, well in my religion it is said that the great Jesus Christ will lead his army of angels from heaven to the land of Har' Mageddon against the Devil's army of darkness. Jesus will ride on a horse with a sword in his mouth and all the army will die for darkness. (We have decyphered that Jesus doesn't really ride with a sword in his mouth but rather when he speaks "Die" or "Stop" or whatever the army of darknees and demons will die, the dark army consist of those who are people of earth who have sided with evil and follow the Anti-Christ (A dude who is the Devil reincarnated as a human) into the battle) Then God will shine down from Heaven, summon everyone from history who has ever sinned enough to be in Hell, mixing flesh and blood to revive them once again upon the earth to be thrown with the Devil into a bottomless hole so they are falling forever down it. And God sets his Kingdom of Light on Earth and the Earth is under total peace forever (Or for 1,000 years, i'm not sure). This will be the apocalypse, before the great battle of Armageddon all those who are good spirited people will rise to Heaven before the earth is plunged into rapture and chaos for 6 months. But that's just my religion speaking :P

Well,lets see if I can explain,with us it say that,our world needs to be renewed,because there's too much bad people and the good ones are suffering,I think it was more or less like this they it will happen: the axis of the earth will change,them climate disasters will happen,continents that dissapeared will appear again and some of the ones that exist now ill be desapearing,the earth will stay 3 days without light,and lots of people will die,only 1/3 of the population will survive,and this will be a new beginning.

And it's already happening,everything that we live today,it's the price for our actions,we have to pay,we're destroying our own planet,something needs to be done,but they say that there's still time for us to change our fate.But people don't see it,they want their lives to stay as they are.