Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kingdomnoob

New To Kingdom Hearts Series Completely - Should I Play Or Wait?

Hello,

I haven't played the KH series at all yet, and I am not sure if I should wait or start now. I have a PS2/3 + a pc (obviously) and a Wii.

I did some research and found that each games adds to the knowledge of story, and it may not be enjoyable to play KH III without playing all the others. 

I have heard that they are coming with 1.5 (released in Japan already) and potentially a 2.5 in the distant future (unreleased). I want to know if I would be fine with just the games for the systems I have or should I wait for 1.5 HD ReMix + potential 2.5 HD ReMIX.

Thank you.

Well, if you're going to start, you should start with Kingdom Hearts 1, to know the magic xD

Then you should play Kingdom Hearts 2, and from there, all the other games.

Also, welcome :D

Hey welcome to the site! I'm KingdomHearts3 and Guardian of Kingdom Hearts. You can talk to me anytime if you want.

I would start the series right now. It's the best out there. If you have a PS3, then wait for KH HD 1.5 Remix and then get KH HD 2.5 Remix.

Waiting will save you more money.  The bundles are going to put the majority of the games on one console so you won't have worry about games on handhelds if you don't own them.  If you're very eager, though, you can start playing KHI.  It would still be worth getting the KH remix because it has added boss battles and other features (and of course CoM and Days movie).

Btw, welcome ^^  I was like you and became a fan before I was able to play the games.  But once I got a PS2, I was not disappointed ^^

thanks for all of the quick replies :)

based on the replies, seems like 1.5 is the way to go. hopefully, 2.5 will also be out soon, because I read a lot of good reviews of BBS. Can't wait to play the series; should give me a few extremely difficult challenges.

I am curious, does anyone here own every single console that KH uses/will use (PS2/PS3/DS/3DS/PSP/possibly GBA)? 

Do you want to play Days, or are you okay with just watching cutscenes to get the story?

i'd prefer to play. i could play 1.5, move on to some other games and then play 2.5 whenever it may come out. would be nice if the series was more like the ratchet and clank series (all ported to the main console system). if i could download the KH titles on the PSN, I would.

Edited by kingdomnoob

I say play every single game, but since your new, I suggest you wait for 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remix.  Be prepared to experience awesomeness when you play these games!  And also, welcome to the site!  Enjoy your time here and make sure to participate in the forums. So then, as with all newcomers, my pet bunny here will take your soul. :D

(_/)

(._.)

c(")(")

Start with the 1.5 remix. But if you don't want to wait, buy the games and play them by launch date.

Example: Play Kingdom Hearts; then re:COM; then Kingdom Hearts 2; JUST THEN play BBS because if you play BBS it will not have fun in the others Kingdom Hearts because you know the background ;)

Welcome to the site~ :D

I'd say start with KH1 and COM, which are both in the ReMIX.  I'd would play KH2 before Days just because it's meant more to fill a gap than to act as an actual bridge. With the way the game ends you want to understand everything that happens in KH2 when you see it.  You can probably find a KH2 game somewhere cheep since it's been out for so long, I wouldn't want to wait for a game that's not officially announced yet to be released. KH3D is amazing game so if getting a 3DS is an option, I definitely recommend getting it especially since you could get to actually play Days and Coded on there, and KH3D will probably not be in a 2.5 ReMIX as it just came out.

thanks for all of the quick replies :)

based on the replies, seems like 1.5 is the way to go. hopefully, 2.5 will also be out soon, because I read a lot of good reviews of BBS. Can't wait to play the series; should give me a few extremely difficult challenges.

I am curious, does anyone here own every single console that KH uses/will use (PS2/PS3/DS/3DS/PSP/possibly GBA)? 

Yes I own those. I am the ultima KH nerd. Yet I somehow don't have the original COM... OTL

Welcome to the site~ :D

I'd say start with KH1 and COM, which are both in the ReMIX.  I'd would play KH2 before Days just because it's meant more to fill a gap than to act as an actual bridge. With the way the game ends you want to understand everything that happens in KH2 when you see it.  You can probably find a KH2 game somewhere cheep since it's been out for so long, I wouldn't want to wait for a game that's not officially announced yet to be released. KH3D is amazing game so if getting a 3DS is an option, I definitely recommend getting it especially since you could get to actually play Days and Coded on there, and KH3D will probably not be in a 2.5 ReMIX as it just came out.

Yes I own those. I am the ultima KH nerd. Yet I somehow don't have the original COM... OTL

lucky lol. do you own any of those just for the KH Game?

while i wait for KH i'm gonna play the Dragon Age games. Full of demons, and hell. 

Edited by kingdomnoob

Welcome. I knew you'd join the site asking whether you should play or wait(which you should wait) on this day.