Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Unto The abyss

Count Down to Hell: It Now Begins

(for the sign up page http://kh13.com/forum/topic/51193-count-down-to-hell-sign-ups/ )

Posted Image

When the world is covered in darkness, Heros rise in all shapes and sizes. To save the world they must start small before going big. Especially when fight demons, ghosts, and other monsters of the dark. They are mages, warriors, gunners, experiments, mutations, and more. When they all fall under the same goal. They work together and become stronger than they are alone. Can you work to save they world? Or will you die trying?

Tokyo, Japan, 3023. it is the middle of july and day light never comes but time still runs on and is kept by the silvery white and firey red moons that encirlcles the world. it is midnight, a new day. it has become cold on one side but abnorally warm on the other. the entirety of japan is covered in neverending snow fall. ice demons, succubi, skeletal samurai, and phantasms roam the area of tokyo and around, they are the only known creatures in the area but many survivors have heard of others that are unseen to them.... but will the join together or never come out of hiding..... this new day. the time.... 00:01 military time. or in other terms 1:01 AM. the new day has begun, the day the release from hell begins... the day the fire that melts the neverending snow is lit. The count down to hell begins now...

"So this is Tokyo." Flame whispered, his breath visible by the extremely cold air temperature. His long, red-yellow hair blazed like fire in comparison to the bleak white snow that laid around him. His wiggled his fingers, trying to work some blood flow into the cold appendages beneath his thick woolen gloves.

"I was expecting more...pizazz....and less of a frozen wateland." Flame then said, looking at the city. He wasn't necessarily in the metropolis, but mere miles away. Flame knew the risk that city contained-- ice beasts roamed the land, with few managing to survive the frozen city.

"I hope, at some point, I can come across someone."

"And a new day begins." Naoko muttered while watching her wristwatch. It was another cold night in Tokyo, but expected, since the weather was always cold. Her gold/white blond hair was fluttering with the wind, it was very windy at the top of the tower of Tokyo, but the view was nice...considering the situation with the monsters. She always liked to watch the moons from the top of the tower.
" I should go back home...Dad must be worried..." she said with sarcasm while looking down. After a nod, she jumped from the tower and before she reached the ground, a strong wind blew, allowing her to land safely.
"Now...some music and I'll be on my way." she turned her mp3 player on, playing a mix of The Battle for Everyone's Souls/The Maid and the Pocket Watch. "This will do for tonight" Naoko said, and after a quick look around while fixing her scarf, she walked away from the tower towards her home.

Alexei wrapped his clock tighter around himself, crossing his arms over his chest. He was glad that he was used to the cold, or else he was sure that these cold temperatures would bother him. It had been quite some time since he had been to Tokyo. Though he couldn't say that it had changed much since the last time he had seen it. He was rather fond of Tokyo, though he wasn't used to being surrounded by such tall buildings. The town he was from was rather small. Where everyone knew each other by name, and you didn't have to walk far to reach one side of the town or the other. 

Alexei began on his way through the streets of Tokyo, his breath easy to see in the darkness. He had the feeling that he might enjoy himself this time in Tokyo, even with the large beasts within it. Alexei reached into his pocket and pulled out a mysterious small device that he had bought upon coming to Tokyo. He had heard someone refer to it as a '3DS', and he was rather curious on how it worked. He turned the small device around in his hand. "Now let's see... How does this work I wonder?"

Yen and Yang walked side by side in the streets. They held hands as could whipped around them. Sure it was cold,but they were born in this cold,dead place. Ever since they were six they had been alone just the two of them. Life was hard and they were a curse,but death was scary..somehow they made a way for themselves. There was only one rule in such a harsh,dead would keep on moving and that's what they did. They moved from place to place. Never allowing themselves more than a glance at other people.

Soon that would change,but for now they walked. Yen humming her favorite song and Yang thinking about new ways to get food.

Yang:I need to get us more food.." She looked over to her sister and twin. But...how?" Yang thought and let a small sigh fall out of her lips.

The winds blew coldly and moved unaturally. Humans were rare to see out in the open but have learned how to kill each specific demon. The ice demons were weak to fire, the succumbi were to be denied anything they ask and were to be killed be the females rather than males. The skeletons could be killed by anything. And the phantasms were to be exorcized. But not every group had enough. And supplies were running low for all.

Kurami huddled the warmth of the comforter around her tighter, groaning in complaint as the annoying cat she got for semi-company hopped on her bed, right splat on her stomach. She opened her right eye, making out 1:23 am on the digital clock. Kurami turned on her side, making the cat hiss and jump off the bed. Peace at last...its about time she got some. A freezing wind blew from behind her, creeping through the sheets and covers and the chill crawing itself of Kurami's sensitive back. Kurami jumped back, sitting up she threw the comforter and covers off of her, grabbing a near by hair bow and tying her matted hair back. She stood up, bare feet hitting the frozen hard wood floor of this upstairs room. Kurami wondered to the open window, the blue shorts and white t-shirt inscripted with some old band name made her colder.

Peering out the window, Kurami immediately shut it at the sight of an Ice Demon rather far away. Closing her blinds and curtains, Kurami flipped a light on, plopping onto the warm bed again before grabbing onto a small notebook witn freash ideas for the story she was writing.

The sound barrier had broke right when the time hit 1:30. And then at 1:31 something made impact and landed in the dead center of tokyo. It caused 4 buildings to fall and then one in the middle to be turned to dust. But when people arrived to investigate the object that hit was nowhere in sight. In response people panicked and hid, thinking a new giant demon had arrived and was now stalking the snow covered streets. Altho nobody had noticed the small, human sized foot prints that left the crater and then stopped. But had no owner.

Terry was wandering aroung the streets,looking at the skyscrapers she knew her whole life.She has been thinking about a lot of things.She didn't mind the cold--because she didn't even feel it.In fact,even if she wanted to feel it,she couldn't..Because she was dead...For a long time.Now she's nothing but a ghost.A lonely ghost...Her thought got stopped as she looked at the moonlight"Such beautiful night..A new day I suppouse?"She thought in herself.She continued "swimming" around as she saw a person holding somekind of a device.She of course got curious as she aproached him ."Hello?"As always,there was no answer.Instead he said"Now let's see..How does this work?''She got frustrated."Oh come on...hmmm..At least he mig-"she didn't finish her sentence when the huge sound barrier broke.The time was 1:30 am.''What the hell was that?!"

Edited by Sandra_Nedelcheva1998

Naoko was wandering the streets, she didn't wanted to arrive at home yet. Hopefully her Dad would be asleep, totally oblivious about her night walk.
"It's weird, not a single monster in sight today" Naoko thought. Usually there was a couple of monsters roaming the streets but not that night, it was a rare event. Naoko was feeling anxious, not a single person was around and that made her feel uneasy. Of course, it wasn't weird for people to hide from the monsters...or other people, not everyone was "good".
"Oh well, it's 1:30..I really should go ba-" she was watching her wristwatch when a loud sound barrier broke. She managed to hold a scream, but she wondered the origin or that loud sound. There was only 2 options. To return home before the demons showed up, killing anyone outside OR she could go investigate the source of the sound.
"I don't want to go home yet...With my luck, Dad would be awake now, and if I show up at this hour, he will..." she trailed off and shook her head."No...I'm going to investigate...At least that's a change for my night walks" nodding in agreement with herself, she ran towards the source of the sound.

"Ahh!" Kurami screamed as the barrier broke with an explosion, it scared the hell out of her more than anything. 

She sighed and laughed a bit at her reaction, the explosion wasn't close to her area in Tokyo at all thank god. Kurami hopped up soon getting dressed in her normal clothes. 

"If anything bad happens then I might as well be in normal clothes..." she sighed, looking under her bed and sliding out her pistol and some bullets from the darkness of the space. 

Slight Visual aid for Kurami--  Posted Image

Lupus examined the crater. There was no evidence of anything. Lupus sighed, her breath appearing as vapor. It was freezing cold, here in Tokyo, the permanent winter wonderland. She was in her normal job wear, which was perfect for most jobs, but here in Japan, she was severely underdressed. No matter though, the wolf spirits would protect her. She stood up, and glanced around the crater. Seeing nothing, she kicked the snow in frustration. "Seriously." She muttered.

Alexei quickly pulled out his bow and strung an arrow to it when he heard the sound, dropping the 3DS in the process. He spared it a brief glance, before lifting it and putting it back inside a pocket in his cloak. He frowned, his bow still in hand and scanned the immediate area before running off towards where the sound had come from. His curiosity got the better of him as it usually did, even though it tended to almost always put him in danger.

It didn't take Alexei long to reach his destination, when he had he stopped and stared, wondering just what could have caused those buildings to fall. He frowned upon noticing a teenage girl kicking at the snow, he raised an eyebrow and walked up to her. "Excuse me, did you see what happened here by any chance?"

"Nah, tad too late. All I've got now is this big stupid crater. Can't tell what happened either." Lupus said with a hapless grin. She stabbed her sword into the frozen ground, and leaned against it. "Archer? Could use some ranged help on this one. Cut you 50-50. Name's Lupus, was sent here on a job to investigate any strange happenings in Tokyo. Wealthy guy, big money involved. Interested?" Lupus offered the boy a chance to help her out here. She'd give him half the money if he helped, fair trade in her mind.

"Ah I see," Alexei said, he seriously wondered what had happened there... He hesitated, thinking over Lupus's offer. Perhaps, he should help her. He just wasn't sure. But then again, it would be fun to try and figure out what had happened there, and why not make a little money while he was at it? Deciding that there would be no harm in going with her for the time being he smiled politely. "Alright, Miss Lupus. I'll help you for now, however I might leave at any time. Because of that I won't ask for 50 percent of your earnings, only 30," Alexei informed her. He got the feeling that this investigation was going to be quite fun. "By the way, my name's Alexei Rénova, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Lupus." Alexei held out his hand for her to shake, a slight smile on his face.

Terry watched in shock and that's where the guy(Alexei)Took his bow and dropped the device"HEY WAiT!!!Damn..."She yelled even she knew there won't be any answer.She decided to follow him and she took the 3DS using telekines as she rushed after him.When she react the crater..Her mouth was wide open as she saw a huge clear hole filled with dust where the 4 building used to stand ."My god....What just happened?" She started thinking about the different possibilities what could have cause the explosuon."If it was a meteor...where are the remaining"She was thinking queitly."What if was a bomb?But there aren't any leftovers.."She remembered the horrible days she spent as a test subject at the Japanese Secret Military Service.She felt strong sorrow because after her death,nobody actually cared about her...After as she was aproaching Alexei and Lupus she saw-the footprints.The tiny human footprints.Terry's pipuls shrank as she followed them. She realized they were coming from the crater and then their ''owner" has vanished in thin-air.Terry went speachless staring at them,forgetting that she was still caring the 3DS(Which floated in mid air)and that the moonlight started showing her ghostly figure visible to any human.

Alexei's eyes widened and he jerked his hand back out of surprise, his gaze locking onto another girl not too far away. However he couldn't help but notice that instead of standing on the ground she sort of hovered there. Alexei smoothed out his expression and glanced back over his shoulder at Lupus before approaching the other girl. He looked her up and down, noticing that she had other differences from humans as well. Alexei smiled at her. Unusual things didn't really bother him like it did other people, in fact, unusual things generally intrigued him. He also rather liked meeting new people.

"Hello," Alexei said, he frowned slightly when he noticed the device in her hand, he couldn't help but think it looked an awful lot like the 3DS he had had in his pocket. Absentmindedly he reached into his pocket where the 3DS should have been. He looked back at her, his expression sort of confused. "Did I drop that again?" he muttered to himself, having no recollection of doing any such thing. He smiled again. "Hey, er... Would you happen to know how exactly to get that eh--3DS to work? Or never mind that, we were just trying to figure out what happened in this area, would you happen to know?" he asked, gesturing at the area with his arm. "Oh, my apologies. My name's Alexei Rénova. Who might you be?" he added kindly.

Terry was looking at the footprints not noticing that there was somebody approaching her.Then a voice ringed in her ears"Hello"she looked at him suprised "You-u can see me?"She smiled back softly as her blue eyes shined.She was completely speachless as this was that rare event when somebody actually could see her.Then when he asked about the crater,she said"I don't know..I came here to see what's going on.I tried to examine this place when I found these footprints"She showed him the mysterious footprints.Then she remembered the 3DS"Oh and..Yes.This is yours.I think I might know it works.Something similar to a Gameboy you see.."She was talking with a shy and quiet voice feeling overwhelmed and happy to finally meet someone"Here..you can have it back.I'm Terry Oswald by the way.It's really nice to meet you Alexei."Then curiosly looked at the other girl"And how about her?What's her name?Can she see me too?"

Alexei frowned, was he not supposed to see her? But then again, she was slightly transparent. He bent down next to the footprints, taking a closer inspection of them. He simply would not have noticed them had Terry not pointed them out. Alxei got back to his feet, he glanced over at Lupus then back at Terry. "Ah, that's Miss Lupus. I don't know much about her, you'll have to ask her yourself." he smiled. "It's nice to meet you too Miss Terry." He took the 3DS back and pocketed it. A Gameboy, he had played on one of those before. Hmm, he would just have to give the 3DS a closer inspection later on. Alexei watched Terry curiously, he noticed that she sounded rather shy, for some reason he got the feeling that it wasn't everyday she spoke with someone. He was also very curious as to what she was, though he knew it would be rude to ask. He would just have to rein in his curiosity for one of the first times in his life. "Perhaps--" he hesitated, knowing it wasn't really his place to invite her to help them. "If it is alright with Miss Lupus that is, perhaps you could help us investigate what happened here." He looked over at Lupus. "I'm fine with giving up most of my share of the money, if that's alright Miss Lupus?"

Flame stood silent on the outskirts of Tokyo, the first buildings signifying the beginning of the city beginning to approach him as he hurriedly walked. Not too long ago he heard a massive bang-- as if something had broken the sound barrier.

Flame knew that not many things had the ability to do such a thing. Either it was a really, really big monster, or else something had crashed within the city. Hopefully something a bit more exciting than watching snow fall. He gripped the blade strapped to his waist behind his back, knowing full well of the dangers around here; Flame kept a cautious pace, rounding one corner to finally enter the near-frozen city.

Naoko arrived at the impact site. For her surprise and relief, there were a few people there. A black haired girl wearing little clothing. "She must be freezing on those clothes" Naoko thought. A Silvery blue haired boy with a bow "A hunter, perhaps?" she thought again. And of course the ghost girl, that same ghost girl she had seen many times wandering the streets of tokyo on her night walks, she was surprised that another person was able to see her, usually no one noticed her, when she tried to talk to someone, she was completly ignored. 

"Oh well...I better hurry and find some clues" she then started looking around, trying to not be a bother to the others.
After some time of searching, she huffed and said "Not many clues...but..." she glanced at some footprints, of course, with the curiosity of the people, there were many pairs of footprints, but one pair was special. She didn't knew why, maybe it was because the "owner" vanished into thin air just leaving the footprints, or was it because she felt a small amount of magical energy.

"With this huge crater the people will think it was a new demon but...I don't feel the demonic aura of their kind...it feels different" she sighed. What could possibly be strong enough to make a crater this size, and then vanish completely. There was nothing about a being capable of doing that kind of destruction in her mother's diaries. After a small moment, her mind drifted away, thinking what could possibly be the source of the crater.

Yen and Yang heard the sound,but not to go see what it was,for all they knew it was a new demon. An evil killer,or some kind of weapon. Not things they wanted to mess with. Besides it was late time to find a new place to stay. Food could wait.

Yen:"We should find a place to stay or something." She said.She wasn't the smartest girl,however she knew when things need to be done and to be fair Yang had just been thinking that.

Yang smiled slightly."I agree." Was her reply.

A voice rang out over the crowd "Damn that hurt!" Exclaimed a male voice from the air. A winged shadow touched the earth below. It looked like a black winged and clothed angel without a halo. He seemed to have demonic and angelic energy radiating from him. Then he looked down at the crowd. "Um..... This ain't the Gobi desert! This is friggin Canada!" He exclaimed looking at all the snow. Then he saw the crushed tower. "Oh nope.... It's Tokyo" he said. "Greeeeaaaattttt" he added unenthusiastically. A lance was strapped to his back and a black bow as well. A holy cross on a wire was dangling from his hand.

A sudden shock made Naoko return to reality. "Baetia tian anruru!?" she cursed in Melnics, an ancient language used by the Celestians. Feeling a mix of Demonic and Angelic aura she looked up to see an...an angel!? how was that even possible? according to her mother's diaries, angels weren't allowed to interfere with humanity's problems. The beings from the upper planes don't meddle in the affairs of those from the lower planes...except for the Celestians of course.

From what she could gather, the angel?...he had a very bad sense of direction but more importantly...she finally noticed the tower of tokyo...or what it used to be the tower. "No...my lookout as been destroyed by this...this angelic jerk..." she muttered.

She was still a little far from where the angel was, but could clearly see that he carried a lance, a black bow and some...crosses? "Is he an exorcist" she wondered. 

The angel rubbed his head befor looking up "the hell god! You didn't have to chuck me with all your force! Owe!!" He exclaimed. Before looking back to the crowd. "Um! Uhhhh evening... Humans..... Ehehehehehe"