Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Unto The abyss

Count Down to Hell: It Now Begins

Regal landed on the school group as he passed through the barrier to find that....Kruka wasn't where he was when they left. he was sitting on a bench near the building. "Oya! Regal! Anka! why'd ya guys leave me? what if a strong demon came and shattered my barrier! how could you do that to me!" he whined

"well he is back to normal" said Regal

Anka seemed somewhat shocked to see the official team that kruka had developed, as well as kruka. "is this really what god planned for us!? we are all gonna die!" she whispered to herself

Terry smiled nervously,not really trusting this person.''How does knows my name and surname?Was he spying us and that's how he knows us?Wait..he was waiting for me....what does that even mean?There's something fishy about him.."Terry was thinking that when a noise outside was heard.It was the rest of the group"Ummm,guys..Can we group with the others?"

"Well,yes.We have two or three angels,an archer,another girl in protection by Rei and a dragon disguised as a human."She said calmly waiting for a puzzeled expressions."YEAH,I SAiD IT!A FREAKING DRAGON!THAT MOTHErfiretruckER IS A BADASS!!!HAHAHA-ok,snap it out Terry,get back in the situation"she was thinking of these senanigans in her silly mind."So...Vantas,you know what's going on these days,don't you?"

"The other angels should be together now." Varael reported. "At the...school, I think it is?"

He turned and walked towards a door out, his white wings unfolding behind him. He then stopped and looked at the others.

"Shall we meet up with them?"

Rei went out and spread his wings.
"To be honest I don't want to get involved with two of those angels. But nevermind that, it is their choice" Rei crossed his arms, waiting for Ryan and Terry to make their choice.

Alexei quickened his pace until he was walking alongside Daniel. He lifted his bow off of his shoulder and fiddled with it, keeping an eye on their surroundings. He could tell there was something setting Daniel on edge and figured it couldn't hurt to have his bow at the ready.

Daniel smirked at Alexei taking out his bow.

"Getting a little paranoid? Good. Keeps you alive." He said.

He stopped and grimaced.

"Naoko's scent stops ahead. And there is something else there."

He took another sniff and sighed. He knew that sharp smell.

"Magic."

Rei stared at Terry for a couple of seconds before she left."Set things right uh? I wonder" he thought while his hair glowed with a faint light and teleporting himself outside the fortress.Naoko was following Asrai, wondering what she would do once she was back with the others."We are here Miss Naoko" the demoness said. "I am afraid that I cannot take you further than this. Apparently there are some within your group that are not willing to interact with demons such as me"Naoko knew she was talking about Daniel and Regal and for a split second she got angry at them once again."I understand Asrai and I thank you for bringing me here. I hope I have the chance to come here again" she smiled at the young demoness."It would be a pleasant occasion if you indeed came back" Asrai nodded in agreement. "And...I must thank you Miss Naoko"Naoko tilted her head"What do you mean?" she asked.The demoness just smiled at her."I want to thank you for trying to protect one of my sisters. Although she is no longer among the living, I am sure she is truly free now. Please Miss Naoko, be careful once you go back, in your world...friends mean nothing, they can change given the right provocation and turn against you" Asrai bowed. "We will wait eagerly for your return" the demoness then went back the way they had come from.Naoko stared at Asrai as she walked into the darkness of the tunnel and wondered what was the meaning behind her words."Friends mean...nothing?" Naoko thought to herself. "Alright...let's go back" she then saw an almost invisible barrier and went trough it, finally leaving the safety of the pocket universe created by Rei.

Varael walked behind Terry and Ryan, looking placid. He had to admit that this was all rather exciting. He hadn't really dealt with humans like this before. They were certainly odd, but fun.

Daniel stood near where he lost Naoko's scent. Just once, he wished that something was simple.

Alexei had never considered himself paranoid, he just liked to be prepared. Especially because of all the demons roaming about.

"Magic? For some reason I'm assuming that's not good," Alexei said. "So...where to now?"

Rei was walking behind the rest, completely oblivious as to where his feet were taking him, thinking in what his course of action would be.Naoko wandered for some minutes after leaving the pocket universe, she wanted to return as quick as possible but also was a little confused with the words of her demoness friend."I wonder if we will be able to have peace in the end" she muttered before she sensed something. "Uh? It feels like....Daniel and Alexei? They must be near"

"Interesting to see you here." Varael commented to Rei. "The plight of the humans pull at your heart strings?"

His tone made it impossible to be sure whether he was being sarcastic or genuinely asking a question.

"If we could figure out what kind of magic we are dealing with, I might be able to do something." Daniel answered Alexei. "Though if it's..."

He trailed off as he began sniffing again.

"I...might have something." He said.

He turned and followed the smell of new magic mixed with Naoko's. it was somewhere nearby.

Alexei put his bow over his shoulder and crossed his arms, frowning ever so slightly.

He glanced over at Daniel curiously when he mentioned that he might have something. "You can smell her again?" Alexei asked, quickly following Daniel.

"I do not care about humans, not all of them anyways" was Rei's reply. "But what is more interesting is the fact that you are here. May I ask as to why did you choose to take part in this little struggle between those in Heaven and the Demons?" Rei asked Varael.Naoko could hear voices in the distance and stopped"Well, I think they managed to find me, or I found them"Naoko nodded to herself and shrugged."I need to keep going" she then reasumed her path.

Varael walked along without replying to Rei's question for a few moments.

"Have you ever considered how peaceful the earth is when it is silent?" He finally asked out of the blue. "No distractions. No noise. Just time to think and be at rest. But if it were always so, wouldn't it become dull and tedious? I have spent my entire existence in between moments. Where everything is still and silent. And the times that I step into a moment, step into the noise is when I feel more connected to Creation then in all the time I spend in silence. Humans are noisy creatures. Always talking. Always on the move. This world was made to have noise in it. I want to make sure it stays that way."

He fell silent for a moment, then continued.

"And if you bring up the fact that demons make noise, I'd like to point out that there is a difference between the sounds of life taking place and the sound of finger nails on a black board."

He shivered.

"Hate that sound."

"Yep." Daniel answered Alexei.

He pointed in Naoko's direction.

"That way."

With that declaration, he started off in that direction.

Rei smiled and nodded at Varael."You are right. And while I like to defer with the way you look the demons and the humans, let me tell you a small story."he then looked at the sky."Thousands of years ago there was a young boy who got control of one demon clan in the...what would you call it? Let me call that place "The Warp". This boy sought to help the demons to grow not only in strenght but emotionally too, and he did it. In less than a hundred years, Warp time, those demons created a functional society, they even fought against Heaven, Hell and those inbetween them, they fought for their families and friends, for those they loved and for the things they cherised, they even let other different demons to join their society, living in complete peace. So don't tell me that the sound that Demonkind produce is like nails of a board because that is not true. Perhaps Varael, you need to spend more time with demons, but maybe I'm asking too much, most if not all angels are designed to search and destroy demons or anything that "God" brands as an enemy."He then stared at Varael."You should give demons a chance, it is true that most of them are evil but not all. They wanted peace and that is what I gave them, I gave them their own small world to live and strive, for hundred of years they have lived in peace with me. Only those bound to Lucius have a hard time to resist his bidding"Naoko heard footsteps."That must be them"she then ran towards the source of the sound.

Varael chuckled slightly.

"You talk as if I hunt demons down." He replied to Rei. "As if I was the judge to whom they had to answer. I assure you, I am not. My duties only begin after a being's time as living has ended."

He looked over at Rei.

"I have actually been sent to retrieve some of the demons you speak of when their time had come. You are right, they were indeed pleasant company for the time we were together. But you are mistaken into thinking they are truly demons any longer."

Varael held up a calming hand.

"I do not mean to impeach their abilities or origins. In fact, you might say they are returning to their origins as most started out as angels. But a demon is a creature of evil, long past the ability to turn from their chosen path. What you are speaking of have much in common with humans. They can choose."

The angel of death smiled slightly.

"Of course, you seem to believe that their existence is contrary to something in Heaven rather than an example and failsafe for us. Not your fault. Most people don't know that."

Daniel turned a corner and nearly ran it to Naoko.

"What?" He demanded, his arms gesturing out from his sides. "You decided to go on a magical vacation and don't invite us?"

He looked Naoko up and down. A keen observer could see faint traces of worry and concern melt away from his eyes.

Edited by rikunobodyxiii

Rei smiled."I think you misunderstood, I didn't mean to sound like I told you hunted demons" he said to Varael. "What I meant is that most if not all Angels forgot they are born with free will and instead they only do what God says."He looked at the ground for a couple of seconds and then back at Varael."I have to say that I don't like how you compare demons to humans and angels.While it is true that the first demons were angels that came from heaven, the ones from this age are mostly descendants of those demons of old, most of those first demons are dead or sealed in the deeps of the Abyss, Barathrum, Gehenna, Pandemonium or whatever humans call it."Rei sighed and shrugged."In the end, it doesn't really matter that much. Humans, Demons and Angels are destined to disappear someday, even God will have to die too. Let's just try to help the remaining humans on this world to have a happy existence and same goes for the demons, at least those who want peace."Naoko yelped and fell back."You should be more careful" she said while getting up and dusting herself. "I don't think "magical vacation" is the right term but anyways, if you had come with me then" she remained silent for a few seconds. "there would be so much pain around us"she looked back in the direction she was coming then back at Daniel."And why do you ask?" she smiled teasingly. "Aww, don't tell me you were worried for the little demon lover?"