Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Unto The abyss

Count Down to Hell: It Now Begins

Rei lifted an eyebrow."Is that all?" he smiled. "Alright. First, what am I? I am nothing, I am no one, I am and was something that shouldn't be...a rogue god." Rei stared at Anka for a couple of seconds. "That was supposed to be a joke. Fine, the truth is that I'm just an angel, nothing more nothing less, I was born a long time ago in a different version of a world similar to this one in a different timeline, one where humans, demons, angels and other races lived in peace. You could say that I am an Angel who travels through time and space but I choose to stay on this world to help those who wanted to live in peace, far from the war between Heaven and Hell"He then pointed at Anka."And the reason for my presence in your landing zone, well, I just felt like going. Believe it or not, watching one from Heaven fall is quite interesting, at least for me."

"Is that all you wanted to ask me Anka? Or is there any more questions?" Rei said to Anka while giving her a carefree smile.

Rei tilted his head to the side."I do not hate God per se, I just don't like how things are managed in Heaven, yes? he nodded. "From what I can see, most of the Angels follow God's orders without question, never asking themselves  if what they are doing is the right thing or not, they just assume it is since God gave that order"

He sighed and looked away, a distant look in his eyes."To tell you the truth Anka, I was just angry at my brothers and sisters who followed orders like they were mindless puppets. And what is worse, the first angel who ever questioned God's will was cast out of Heaven. You must know of whom I am talking about, right? Lucifer, Helel, Satan, Devil, serpent, dragon, dweller of hell. While I do not sympathize with him I can understand his hate towards God."

Rei remained silent for a couple of minutes before speaking again."But know this Anka. Even if I don't follow God's orders or those from Lucifer or his son, I still hold peace as the most important thing, peace between Angels, Demons and Humans. Sadly, not everyone can think the same way I do."

Edited by Elrandir

"I can do as I damn well please!" He only told me to protect earth!" She said "I'm no puppet! That's Regal! And Kruka is almost unless even more than free of his own will than I!"

Rei looked at Anka then sighed."Listen Anka, I'm not going to argue with you, you have the right to, as you bluntly phrased it, do as you damn well please. What I ask is that you do not think of me as an enemy for not sharing your way of thinking."

Anna growled for a bit, being rather proud of her angelic status as well as being part of heaven. "Fine then but I will tell you this...if you do anything to cross God, myself or any of my allies you have my word that I will kill you personally." She told Rei before walking away then turning back with a smile, clearly forced "and thaks for answering my questions" she added before flying back up to the roof.

Daniel kept up a quick pace as he led Alexei and Naoko back towards the school. He stopped and ducked behind a building when he saw something coming his way, waving for his two companions to do the same. After a moment of further watching, he saw that it was Terry with one of the angels.

"False alarm." He called to Naoko and Alexei before stepping out and waving to Terry.

As he waved he noticed that the angel with Terry was one he hadn't seen before.

"Great, another one." He mumbled to himself.

"I don't know." Varael replied simply. "Even if I did, I don't feel it would be right to tell you. Your decisions through your time on this earth is what determines what happens after. It is usually best not to...effect your decisions with knowledge of how it is all to end. It distracts from the journey too much."

"Hey!" Daniel called out to Terry and Varael. "What are y'all out here for?"

Varael looked over and saw Daniel waving.

"Ah, our lost lambs." The angel said, smiling slightly.

Rei watched Anka fly up to the roof before shaking his head and shrugged."Oh boy, apparently I made her mad at me." he then sighed and walked to the school gates. "Anyways....it seems that Varael and Terry found the rest of the group"Naoko was about to speak but noticed Terry wasn't alone, another angel, apparently not the one Daniel told her about and obviously not Rei, was with her."I wonder who that is?" she thought. "With him that would make...five angels on our side."

"That's what I was thinking." Daniel replied to Terry. "I was beginning to worry you were still wondering around."

He shot a glance Varael's way.

"Made a friend?"

"I hope so." Varael put in before bowing his head. "I am Varael, at your service."

Daniel looked at the angel with a puzzled expression for a moment, then realization dawned.

"Oh." He said. "One of them. What are you doing here?"

"The same thing a dragon is." Varael answered. "Helping a people we both have grown to enjoy."

Naoko could feel something coming from Varael but she couldn't exactly tell what it was. She slightly bowed at the angel."My name is Naoko Asteri, It is a pleasure to meet you Varael"She smiled at him before looking at Daniel."One of them? What do you mean by "One of them" Daniel?She asked the Dragon, trying to find the answer to his comment.

"He is referring to what type of angel I am, Naoko Asteri." Varael answered with a sigh. "I am what most call an angel of death. To reassure you, I am not here on that duty."

"So you are just here to help?" Daniel asked, sounding a little disbelieving.

Varael nodded.

"As are you, by all accounts."

Naoko nodded."I see, then I suppose you're not the same as my friend Rei"She then looked at the timer in her hand, a completely unfazed look on her face."I think we need to hurry. We got less than four days and we still need to find the Seed of Hell" she then crossed her arms. "And of course, the psi-mechanic that Kruka needed" Naoko said without knowing that the psi-mechanic was already found but still without any signs of the Seed of Hell.

"Agreed." Daniel said.

He gave Varael another odd look, then started heading in the direction of the school.

"Sure hope the cafeteria has something to eat in there." He grumbled.

Varael waved an arm to indicate the others should go ahead and that he would bring up the rear.

Naoko smiled at Terry."Is that so? Well, that's one less issue we have to deal with"She then followed the group back to the school. At some point she listened to Daniel and Terry talking about food."That's right, we need to get supplies. Our group is growing larger and our resources are less with each passing day."While in the pocket universe, Naoko ate some of what the local population had to offer, needless to say she didn't asked what was on those dishes but they didn't tasted bad, considering it was demonic food."Not that I'm hungry right now, but we need to be prepared" she thought to herself.

Naoko nodded."That is true" was all she said before remaining silent for a few minutes. "Even if we manage to save Japan from being eradicated, the ones who remain alive will need to find a way to survive from other issues other than the demons, for example, the lack of food."Naoko could only imagine what the future would hold for those who managed to survive the ordeal. If she would be among those survivors she didn't had any way of knowing

Danilel thought about suggesting roasting some demons and eating them, but he doubted that would go over well. If he did it, it would have to be in secret.

"Well, let's not give up hope for canned food." He chimed in. "Once survived a year on the stuff."

"If the waters of the sea are not corrupted, fish might also make its way on the menu." Varael suggested.

Naoko shivered once Varael mentioned the sea."Sorry, but I'm not getting close to the sea in search of food...I don't want to have another "Hydra" accident like last time"She said that in a half joking half serious tone."But I don't think we have much of a choice, right? We don't have that many choices when it comes to food."