Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Poor Wii U

As Engadgetpoints out, Nintendo has reported selling just 390,000 Wii U consoles over the past quarter, which puts its total number of consoles sold at just 3.45 million. This means that Nintendodidn’t even hit its sales target of 4 million consoles sold by the end of March, despite the fact that it was a downward revision from an earlier sales target of 5.5 million. But this isn’t even the most humiliating aspect of Nintendo’s anemic Wii U sales record, since T3 notes that Nintendo has actually sold around 4 million of its original Wii consoles since the launch of the Wii U, meaning that gamers are still much more interested in its years-old model than the current version.

It needs some better advertising.
Edited by Weiss

That's exactly why they're putting Earthbound on VC for Wii U only. THere are so many EB fans, that the Wii U's will sell like Hotcakes and have a huge boost in sales. Too bad its coming in the Fall, since they could really use the sales now.

On a side note: Im done whining about how its not on 3DS, because i should be happy that its coming out at all, not to mention i have it on Emu. I was just being a dumb Fan boy. :(

Can they rename a console and give it a complete do-over marketing campaign?

Nintendo REVOLUTION. But that's seriously what they need to do, harken back on past advertising to see what they did right.

I bet all the new games coming out later this year will help sales. I'd buy one if I actually had money, Earthbound was the main thing selling it for me when I made the choice. I was going to get one at some point, but wasn't sure if I should get a PS3 first or not.

I bet all the new games coming out later this year will help sales. I'd buy one if I actually had money, Earthbound was the main thing selling it for me when I made the choice. I was going to get one at some point, but wasn't sure if I should get a PS3 first or not.

If it doesn't get a lot of sales in Fall it's done lol

tons of wanted games come out then.

If it doesn't get a lot of sales in Fall it's done lol

tons of wanted games come out then.

I don't see how it won't get a lot of sales, looking at all the newer games coming then. I'm hoping to be able to get one for myself around Christmas, wish I could earlier, but I'm broke and don't have a way to make $300 by that time.

How did I know this would happen?  In my opinion (and I am stating just mine, it is in your right to agree or disagree) the Wii wasn't really that good, and the only Wii games I ever really played on it for more than a couple of hours were SSBB, DBZ:BT3, the Bakugan games, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.  Really, the PS3 and Xbox 360 were just superior. If you ask me, having your console be almost the same as the original but with a new gimmick pad and better graphics that the Xbox 360 and PS3 (which are technically last gen in the sense that the PS4 and Xbox 720 are coming) already had and then naming it after your old crappy console but with a "U" at the end is not really a bright idea.  In fact, now that I think about it, I really mostly use my Wii to play my Gamecube games, which is really sad since my parents dumped a lot of money to buy it for Christmas when I already had a Gamecube.  Man, I haven't really enjoyed a Nintendo game since the Gamecube era (with a couple of exceptions such as LoZ and SSB).  Again, this is all just my opinion.

Edited by NightfallXIII

That's exactly why they're putting Earthbound on VC for Wii U only. THere are so many EB fans, that the Wii U's will sell like Hotcakes and have a huge boost in sales. Too bad its coming in the Fall, since they could really use the sales now.

On a side note: Im done whining about how its not on 3DS, because i should be happy that its coming out at all, not to mention i have it on Emu. I was just being a dumb Fan boy. :(

Finally after you've wished doom for Nintendo multiple times and told them to f.uck off for no reason even though you already have the game on your emulator.

Back on topic: Not surprised,other consoles had much worse launch but they were able to pick up after more games came out....just look at the 3DS

I'm sure by the time the new 3D Mario game,Super Smash Bros 4,New Zelda and Wind Waker HD.....etc comes out,the sales will get a massive boost.

Finally after you've wished doom for Nintendo multiple times and told them to f.uck off for no reason even though you already have the game on your emulator.

Back on topic: Not surprised,other consoles had much worse launch but they were able to pick up after more games came out....just look at the 3DS

I'm sure by the time the new 3D Mario game,Super Smash Bros 4,New Zelda and Wind Waker HD.....etc comes out,the sales will get a massive boost.

Yep, i was just being a Dumbass. xD

And yeah, once those new games come out, the Wii U will have a HUGE boost in sales.