Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Do you worry about your grades at school/college?

Do you worry about your grades at school/college?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you worry about your grades at school/college?

• Yes, I do. They're very important to me!
    • Yes, I do. But I don't worry that much..
    • More or less. They don't mean much to me.
    • Not at all. Whatever I get is okay.
    • Nah.... I don't even care about them.
    • Another option? Tell us below!

Grades have never meant anything to me personally, and I never understood why they should.  School has always been that thing other people have forced me to do because not doing it leads to bad things.  I didn't feel the need to try hard because 1) trying hard was hard, 2) what I would have to try hard in didn't interest me in the least, so 3) why should I expend more than the effort needed to pass when the time spent getting A's that do not give me any personal fulfillment, could be spent doing something else fun or important to me?

Really, I never managed to link self-worth with my grades, so even though I implemented a "No C's" rule since I entered university, good grades still don't mean anything to me except "Congratulations, you fulfilled your obligation to not suck.  Now keep doing it until you don't have to anymore."  I got all A's last semester, and the only happiness I felt was that A's meant I wouldn't be in the dog house.  Seriously, that's what I equate A's as: the furthest away from failure and therefore trouble.

I am not the smartest student but I work reallly hard and I am very obsessed with doing well in school. It's gotten to the point where  I feel guilty when I am not studying. T_T Which is horrible and I need to learn to relax.