Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
DChiuch

KHDays Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Tetsuya Nomura interview.

Tetsuya Nomura has answered questions about the Kingdom Hearts title for Nintendo DS, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. These questions, submitted on the Square Enix Members website by fans, were answered over a period of months and have now appeared online. They discuss the development of the title, and can now be read below.

Q. What was the most challenging part of using the Nintendo DS hardware while trying to stay close to the traditional feel of the battle sequences in the traditional Kingdom Hearts series on the PlayStation 2? (XxAcGXx)

Nomura: The hardest thing we had to overcome was recreating the fully 3D controls from previous Kingdom Hearts titles given the restrictions placed on us by the hardware specs of the DS. Other challenges included incorporating features that took advantage of the DS's unique capabilities, such as a leveling up system that utilizes the tactility of the touch screen, and hassle-free wireless play.

Q. What made you decide to include some of the new functions like the panel system? (dragonboy)

Nomura: Like I said before, the DS hardware allows us to play with the idea of tactile feedback thanks to its touch screen, so we decided to add a system in which players fill in panels by trial and error to customize their character's abilities.

Q. As an art college student studying pre-visualization artwork for animation and video games, I'm curious to know the process of creating characters and environments for this game. I