Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Has the lack of backward compatibility hurt your desire to buy a PS4 or Xbox One?

Has the lack of backward compatibility hurt your desire to buy a PS4 or Xbox One?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Has the lack of backward compatibility hurt your desire to buy a PS4 or Xbox One?

• Absolutely, it's killed off all desire I had for either system
    • Yes, it's definitely made me put off buying either this year
    • Somewhat, I do have a lot invested in my current games
    • Not really, I still would love to buy one or both systems
    • No, but I wasn't that interested in them in the first place

It's not like my past systems spontaneously combust when I buy a new one. A lack of backwards compat. doesn't bother me so much at this point... but one day, when my older consoles break, or some other such event,  I will kind of be angry that B.C. isn't a thing. I also regret it because future generations may not be able to enjoy the games of the past because they're never able to.

I think if the system had backwards compatibility, I would consider buying it before the inevitable price drop.  But I plan to stick it out on my PS3 until there is a PS4 slim model.

YES!!! I was hoping to play PS2 games on the PS4! I mean like if we're able to play PS1 games on the PS3 SS than I think we should be allowed to play PS2 games on the PS4!

And xbox One... Im fine playing 360's games on the actual 360.

Somewhat yes, I'm trying to get rid of my brother's Xbox 360 before buying any new consoles. But I'm torn, after the Xbox 360 is gone I really want to play some ps3 games, but at the same time why buy a ps3 when 'the latest and greatest' ps4 is coming out? 

The lack of backward compatibility doesn't help the situation at all. >_>

Other really.  I already have  PS3, and I'm not the sort of person to trade it in for the next model, I would have both.

Given what i've heard about the Xbox One I'd be much more inclined to buy a Xbox 360 (opposed to, with the Wii U I think it'll be the first I'll buy since I can play all the Wii games I never had to chance to), the only games I want to play on the Xbox system are reakes of Rares games since they stopped making them for Nintendo.  

It does bother me, I had to make a decision, buy the PS3 now to play 1.5 or wait for the PS4.If I could have played 1.5 on the PS4 I would have waited, now the PS4 can wait, like,.. maybe forever because when KH3 comes out it'll be for the PS5. 

Somewhat. Why  must they do this to us? We want to play our older games, we want to have as few consoles as possible, so we can easily play a majority of our games on one console. Why must they make that so hard to do?

It hurts, but because I sold my PS3 already about a year ago and that I will not be investing a single thing of worth into an XboxOne, I will only say somewhat. That being said, I want to get another PS3 so yeah.