Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

We already expected as much but it seems official that Square has made a deal for a PS4-exclusive release as part of a two part deal for Versus and Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Here's a few articles that talk about it in an incredibly ignorant way referring to this being the first sequel to KHII and how this will close the cliffhanger from KHII which was closed during the past two games.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/17975/20130531/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date-rumors-ps4.htm

http://junkee.com/disneys-kingdom-hearts-3-might-might-be-on-its-way/10178

Just curious to know your guys thoughts. I lost count of how many systems this game franchise has used, so this doesn't shock me at all to be honest. I'm more shocked about the release date rumors being for this game as opposed to release date rumors about 2.5.

Edited by FightTheDarkness

Rumours are rumours.

But the fact is Kingdom Hearts III has not yet begun development and won't until Final Fantasy Versus XIII is completed development.

I'm agreeing with you on the release date thing but I'm fairly confident the PS4 thing is going to be true. Especially considering the lack of development while waiting for Versus.

*cleans ear* having multiple sources does you no justice if they are all unreliable...

I'm pretty confident that the sources are right. By the time KHIII gets released, the PS3 probably won't even have new releases coming out anymore.

I'm pretty confident that the sources are right. By the time KHIII gets released, the PS3 probably won't even have new releases coming out anymore.

good point... PS3 will be ancient in 2030 heh. 

Just kidding, I can see it coming out on PS4, but not xbox. Of course who knows Xbox is the only system Nomura-san hasn't touched yet.

good point... PS3 will be ancient in 2030 heh. 

Just kidding, I can see it coming out on PS4, but not xbox. Of course who knows Xbox is the only system Nomura-san hasn't touched yet.

Well, if this deal is official (which it probably is), it'd be PS4 exclusive. I never understood why Square had such an issue with releasing KH games to more than one console. It'd get them a LOT more sales. Not everyone is as crazy as us about this series and aren't willing to buy a new system to play the next game. 

In fact, a lot of people probably still think this IS the first sequel to KH2 for that exact reason. I don't know. It just baffles me. 

Kingdom Hearts III will be developed for the PlayStation 4. No doubt. By the time they begin development on it Square Enix will have a game called Versus XIII on the PlayStation 3 & 4.

everytime I read about this things.. I will just flashback during the ps2 time where KHII released when the ps3 already announced.. 

in my opinion, or I can say that kh3 will be for ps3..or maybe both ps3 and ps4, ffversus will be for ps4

and i had a strong feeling that they're going to announce kh3 next week..or maybe on this year's tgs.

*even until today, japanese still selling and releasing PS2 games ...  ~~~

everytime I read about this things.. I will just flashback during the ps2 time where KHII released when the ps3 already announced.. 

in my opinion, or I can say that kh3 will be for ps3..or maybe both ps3 and ps4, ffversus will be for ps4

and i had a strong feeling that they're going to announce kh3 next week..or maybe on this year's tgs.

*even until today, japanese still selling and releasing PS2 games ...  ~~~

When I was reading the article, I got hopeful that it would be true but honestly I just DON'T see it. They MAY announce KH 2.5 but since they haven't even started development for KH3 it's doubtful that it will be announced. But, I can still hope that by some miracle your feeling is right!

Kingdom Hearts III will be developed for the PlayStation 4. No doubt. By the time they begin development on it Square Enix will have a game called Versus XIII on the PlayStation 3 & 4.

So, what's your thoughts on the move to PS4? Would you rather have it on PS3 and PS4 or are you happy about it being just PS4?

Here's a rather odd twist involving the PS4, it'll be $50 cheaper than the Xbox One. That's kind of shocking considering I remember the PS3 costed close to $600 when it was first released while the 360 was around $300 if my memory is not mistaking me. The PS4 is apparently going to "most likely" be priced at $350 while the Xbox One will be $400.

I find it unlikely that it'll be PS4 exclusive. They wouldn't bother with these collections if they're just gonna move to the next system.

Based off their track record and the probable range of release dates for KH3, I'm believing the exclusivity of PS4.

We already expected as much but it seems official that Square has made a deal for a PS4-exclusive release as part of a two part deal for Versus and Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Here's a few articles that talk about it in an incredibly ignorant way referring to this being the first sequel to KHII and how this will close the cliffhanger from KHII which was closed during the past two games.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/17975/20130531/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date-rumors-ps4.htm

http://junkee.com/disneys-kingdom-hearts-3-might-might-be-on-its-way/10178

Just curious to know your guys thoughts. I lost count of how many systems this game franchise has used, so this doesn't shock me at all to be honest. I'm more shocked about the release date rumors being for this game as opposed to release date rumors about 2.5.

How are they being ignorant about KH3 closing the cliffhanger from KH2?

omg I really hope they don't release it for PS4! I'd be quite angry in fact, but probably I'll end up buying it like I did with other games and consoles ahaha...

But it kinda seems highly possible that they'll release it for the PS4, seeing as FF Versus 13 isn't out yet, so by the time they'll start the KH3 programming it'll either be on PS4 or PS5 if Sony goes nuts and releases another console ehehe

They say they want to bring the whole series to one console, so I would say they would have it on PS3, but who knows, maybe having it on the PS4 will be their final troll on us.

They say they want to bring the whole series to one console, so I would say they would have it on PS3, but who knows, maybe having it on the PS4 will be their final troll on us.

I've been thinking that too, because it would seem logical to me that the game would be on ps4 rather than ps3, but then again they did say that. Or maybe "the same console" meant just that it'll be on ps and not xbox or wii or something? Or maybe the idea was just to bring the games that already have came out on the same system? I don't know..

But I think ps4 might be a good system for the game. I just hope that if versus will be ps4, KH would be too, because I'd like to play versus too but I might not buy ps4 just for it.

It's gonna be a good time when E3 is over and all those Rumours are gone. Just read it."Square Enix and Sony have already agreed to a PS4-exclusivity deal for Kingdom Hearts 3 as part of a two-game agreement which also includes Final Fantasy Versus."That sounds plain stupid. Not long ago a person who said something like that would've been laughed about, and now? Everyone is seriously thinking about that. I know 'better safe than sorry' but that Rumour sounds just awfully stupid to me

How are they being ignorant about KH3 closing the cliffhanger from KH2?

I believe the "cliffhanger" they are referring to is the bottle from the king which has already been revealed to us. 

No doubt? I'm pretty sure the interview where Nomura confirmed that it WON'T be on the PS4 casts a LOT of doubt.....

Uh, guy?

That game was out a long time ago. Read it yourself: http://www.vgreleases.com/ps3/ReleaseDate-21805.aspx . Now all they have to do is convert it to PS4.

Uh, GUY? No it's not. Whoever created that was a dipshit...Versus 13 is no where NEAR release. No one knows if it's going to be for PS4 or PS3. That was probably just a rumored release date for the game but it's completely wrong. It hasn't even been released for Japan yet. Do some more research and you'll see... Edited by <King Mickey>