Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Xbox One - General Discussion

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would make you buy an Xbox One?

• A lower price: $500 is too steep.
    • Get rid of the 24 hr online check-in requirement.
    • Exclusive games.
    • Nothing. Microsoft has lost me as a consumer/I'm just not interested in what they're offering.
    • Different reason?
    • I'm already planning on buying an Xbox One.

They really shouldn't respond to the hate in that way, they obviously should know people are going to so offended and then give their company a bad name. Dumb move Microsoft. The Xbox One is going to an Online Device whether anyone likes it or not, I'm sure Microsoft isn't going to change that even if we keep on bitching about it. 

Edited by Shana09

They really shouldn't respond to the hate in that way, they obviously should know people are going to so offended and then give their company a bad name. Dumb move Microsoft. The Xbox One is going to an Online Device whether anyone likes it or not, I'm sure Microsoft isn't going to change that even if we keep on bitching about it. 

They're egoistic pieces of crud. It's their own fault that Sony's getting all the publicity at the moment. It almost seems like they WANT to go bankrupt.

Oh, and I'm going to bed now, cya all tomorrow again. Discuss while I'm sleeping, lol :P

Edited by Toby

Sounds like it was taken out of context. I'm not sure why this is a big deal since it will affect like 1% of owners.

I know, but it's pretty much the same thing as saying forget you to that 1%.

I'm way too much of a casual gamer to really take any offence to their statement. If anything, it made me chuckle.

Even though I'm not really a casual gamer, I don't really take offense to that, it's just a kinda stupid remark there.  It's just an encouragement not to buy the system, from the company itself.

To me of what he said, thats rude... I'm not offended despite I have internet at home but that was rude for some that would take his comment offensively... If I didn't have internet, I would be offended a little bit but not to the point of me saying: "YOU SUCK MICROSOFT. YOU ARE A BAD COMPANY blah blah blah..."  And besides... There ARE other consoles other than 360 that don't have to require internet access right? 

I guess he pulled a fast rude comment because of whatever happen in E3 about Sony and the PS4?  (Keywords: I guess)

I take back what I said.

I really thank Microsoft for this news, now I'll buy PS4 blindly.

Edited by Miaka

I smelll a conspiracy!

Oh god, this must be an insane conspiracy then.

Meanwhile in Sony...

All I hear is laughter.

Meanwhile in Microsoft...

All I hear is crying.

I take back what I said.

I really thank Microsoft for this news, now I'll buy PS4 blindly.

If Sony and Microsoft were people, I'd hug Sony and dropkick Microsoft (If I knew how to do that).

I'm giving Microsoft one more chance. One more chance to get me to buy their console. Honestly I shouldn't give them another chance at all.

I had and still do, although to a lesser extent, have high hopes for the Xbox One. The no used games, fine. Always Online, i'll work around it. To make comments like this though, basically saying if you don't like the Xbox One, up yours, we still have the 360 out there if you don't want to PAY EXTRA MONEY and make EXTRA EFFORTS after you buy our $500 console.

Well, from where I stand, why should we? They have given us NO motive for going out and paying $500 (Not including Internet service) to buy a console that more or less has the same potential for gaming as their rival, the Ps4, which is $100 dollars CHEAPER.

I honesty don't know if they were expecting Sony's console to be a pushover, or if they're really that stupid. I'm not mad. I'm not. What I am is very disappointed that Microsoft would go about this the way they are.

They better announce a new feature that has the same wow factor as pulling a firetrucking bunny rabbit out of the Disc Drive would have, or not only will they lose me, they will lose everyone who is just as dedicated to Microsoft as I am, or was I should say.

Time will tell.

Edited by JJForever

You're probably thinking ''There can't be anything worse than what Adam Orth said''..

Yeeeeah... no.

I just checked IGN and found this

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft

If you don't want to click the link, then just read this:

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

“If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device.”

Wow. That is all I can say. ANOTHER douchebag employee from Microsoft..

Why are Microsoft being douchebags all of a sudden? First Adam Orth, and now this Mattrick guy? Discuss!

Douchebag employee? No he was being serious. Xbox 360 will remain active still receiving many of the new games for many years to come and that's what you can use if you don't always have/want internet. It's the truth and he's 100% correct. The Xbox 360 is a popular and fantastic console so those who can't always have internet for the Xbox One should have no problem with it.

Edited by Rainbow Dash

Douchebag employee? No he was being serious. Xbox 360 will remain active still receiving many of the new games for many years to come and that's what you can use if you don't always have/want internet. It's the truth and he's 100% correct. The Xbox 360 is a popular and fantastic console so those who can't always have internet for the Xbox One should have no problem with it.

You're wrong in so many ways.. I don't have to explain it. Just read all the other posts here.

You're wrong in so many ways.. I don't have to explain it. Just read all the other posts here.

Wrong in so many ways? Yea I don't think so :P