Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Xbox One - General Discussion

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would make you buy an Xbox One?

• A lower price: $500 is too steep.
    • Get rid of the 24 hr online check-in requirement.
    • Exclusive games.
    • Nothing. Microsoft has lost me as a consumer/I'm just not interested in what they're offering.
    • Different reason?
    • I'm already planning on buying an Xbox One.

yea i saw people saying that as well. This could all be a plot to get it into a lot of people home then bam during an update everything is back to how MS wanted it. Or they could have really have had a change of heart and taken it out. But I really think if they were going take off the DRM policies then what about taking out the need for kinect  to be connected for the XB1 to function

Agreed . Regardless there was still a lot of damage done with how they handled everything so things just keep getting interesting.

I'm really glad Microsoft caved.  Gamers won the day my friends.

Good job everybody ! xD

Great news!!!!!! http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future. 

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One. 

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions. 

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray. 

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

I bet they make it sound like they are doing it for the players. But they really are doing it because Sony is raping them on preorders. 

Just remember that once you buy it the might just put it back the way it was. 

they noticed the amazon pre-orders of the new consoles and woke the firetruck up.

"It shows a lack of vision, planning and leadership to reveal the policy, double-down on it, say how great it is, then change it. That's all."

Edited by Deadshot

Shocking. Not that they reversed the decision, but that up until yesterday the policies were being defended by Microsoft, who thought they had done no wrong. There must be an incredible amount of miscommunication happening at HQ.

It's important to remember that things could've gone the other way. If Sony hadn't taken the route they had, if they had online check-ins and sharing restrictions like Microsoft, then that would be our future. This is a victory not for Sony or Microsoft, but for gamers and consumers. 

I'm still getting a PS4 though.

Even despite all this, I'm still getting a PS4 for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV. But if Microsoft decides to release a good Banjo-Kazooie game, then I might have to get one just for that.

Now I'm certainly getting an Xbox One. I was leaning towards the PS4 despite the better exclusives coming out for the Xbox One. Now that the two biggest issues with the Xbox One have been taken care of I say it's worth getting. 

Just don't do anything with that special someone in front of your Kinect, Bill Gates might be watching. 

Y'know what????

I think the whole DRM Always online thing is a marketing scam so they can spread the word about the console whatever negativity it gets,then they easily reverse all those policies to look like the white knight who cares about their fans.It looks like they didn't implement it from the beginning,but they used it as a marketing trick to get as much word about the Xbox One as possible without putting too much effort into advertising.

That's what really happened because trust me it's not easy to take all this away if it was really implemented without reworking a lot of things in the console and yet spend more money on it.

While I'm glad all this turned out to be a marketing scam,I still won't get the Xbox One.....I didn't use my 360 that much and I don't think I would use the Xbox One either

Y'know what????

I think the whole DRM Always online thing is a marketing scam so they can spread the word about the console whatever negativity it gets,then they easily reverse all those policies to look like the white knight who cares about their fans.It looks like they didn't implement it from the beginning,but they used it as a marketing trick to get as much word about the Xbox One as possible without putting too much effort into advertising.

That's what really happened because trust me it's not easy to take all this away if it was really implemented without reworking a lot of things in the console and yet spend more money on it.

While I'm glad all this turned out to be a marketing scam,I still won't get the Xbox One.....I didn't use my 360 that much and I don't think I would use the Xbox One either

Just think about it....It takes a lot of time and money to take all those things out of the console during manufacturing.

It's either one of two:

1The whole DRM thing was a marketing scam to spread the word about the Xbox One

2It's a lie

They did it for the money, not the gamers.

Did it for the money? owo They already have to reconstruct whatever for the Xbox One models they already made to do these changes. That lowers their funds and they had to throw away their plans and do those all over. Doing just that proves they care about their fans and what they want, not because they want the money. I don't even know how you guys come up with that.

Edited by Rainbow Dash

Now I'm certainly getting an Xbox One. I was leaning towards the PS4 despite the better exclusives coming out for the Xbox One. Now that the two biggest issues with the Xbox One have been taken care of I say it's worth getting. 

Just don't do anything with that special someone in front of your Kinect, Bill Gates might be watching. 

Alright your choice man. But like any other company, Microsoft only cares if you buy their product. Who says they won't go back on their word? Once people buy it, they could make an update and put things back the way they were.