Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Xbox One - General Discussion

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would make you buy an Xbox One?

• A lower price: $500 is too steep.
    • Get rid of the 24 hr online check-in requirement.
    • Exclusive games.
    • Nothing. Microsoft has lost me as a consumer/I'm just not interested in what they're offering.
    • Different reason?
    • I'm already planning on buying an Xbox One.

"Maybe if the X1 gets a negative response at TGS, Square will change their mind about putting KH3 on X1" -said some KH fan who hates KH3 on Xbox

Edited by Rob

Is Bill Gates even aware of this shit???

If he was aware or even alive he might've fired Don Matrick right away

Preeeettty sure he's still alive.

Its a parody twitter account.

Thank God.

Get rid of the 24 hr online check in. I'd like to go on vacation without worrying that my $500+ console will stop working.

Get rid of the 24 hr online check in. I'd like to go on vacation without worrying that my $500+ console will stop working.

You take your console with you on vacation? o.o

"Maybe if the X1 gets a negative response at TGS, Square will change their mind about putting KH3 on X1" -said some KH fan who hates KH3 on Xbox

Lol Rob.

You take your console with you on vacation? o.o

That might even be worse. Number of things could go wrong.

Is that supposed to be me???

lol I wasnt thinking about you when I said that. It was towards the comments I saw on KH's facebook.

If I facepalmed every time Microsoft did something stupid with the Xbox One I wouldn't have a face anymore

Posted Image

according to Microsoft you don't own any of your Xbox One games, you just license (rent) them, and if you get banned from XBL you can't even play them

offline.

Btw, if anyone needs proof the tweet is real: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/345338828606812160

Edited by Justin Grove

That might even be worse. Number of things could go wrong.

lol I wasnt thinking about you when I said that. It was towards the comments I saw on KH's facebook.

Oh

As for KH fans hating on this,I have to say something:

Didn't Square learn anything from the sales of XIII and XIII-2 on Xbox 360???

the Ps3 versions of those games sold well but the 360 versions sold like shit(I'm not making that up,just search for sales and you'll see it)

If FF couldn't sell that well with both FFXI expansions and XIII series,then I dunno if KH,a series less popular than Final Fantasy,would have a chance on the XBone

There were rumours earlier this week that suggested that Microsoft had begun sending representatives to the Wii U Best Buy events in an effort to sway gamers to get an Xbox One. Now footage has surfaced of the company doing this exact thing at an undisclosed Best Buy store in North America. Seems as though he wasn’t expecting the response he got.

There were rumours earlier this week that suggested that Microsoft had begun sending representatives to the Wii U Best Buy events in an effort to sway gamers to get an Xbox One. Now footage has surfaced of the company doing this exact thing at an undisclosed Best Buy store in North America. Seems as though he wasn’t expecting the response he got.

That's just ABSOLutely pathetic.

Really,REAAALLY???????

Even Sega didn't go out of it's way in the 90's to sway people from buying N64,Ps1 to get Dreamcast or Sega Saturn.

OMG

I feel so sorry for Xbox fans from the bottom of my heart, is that really what they get for being loyal to Xbox for Two Generations????

Uhhhhh,this isn't video games,this is some corportate assholes trying to play on people's feelings and loyalty to their favorite brand and trick them to get something that will completely f.uck them over.I feel so badly sorry for them.

Even if they got rid of all those restrictions I won't by an Xbox One just like how I stopped buying Capcom games even when they got rid of On-Disc DLC.

When a publisher outright think that I'm an idiot,then they shouldn't expect any kind of support from me

Edited by Metal Snake

Yeah good points. The system is not good for gamers. Corporations like Microsoft try to act like the used game market is this horrible thing for them, many publishers use this lie too. They DO lose some money, but not nearly what they try to convince the public. EA was the first to tell the truth, when they announced they were eliminating online passes. They said it was stupid and that they really don't lose that much money from used games.

It's just an elaborate scam to make more money. Also, the PS4 is just a better system, right down to the hardware. 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM in the PS4 vs 8GB of DDR3 in the Xbox One. That alone is HUGE. Just for reference, I have 16 GB of the same DDR3 RAM in my MacBook Pro, and I have had that for around a year already. Give it a few years and it's going to be outdated. Thats just one hardware limitation vs. PS4

Sony is definitely getting my money (they would have anyway but now there is no debate)

Well used games isn't problem with Steam, nobody really complains about it. And eventually used game won't be problem when you can buy games digitally still that is decade off for people just downloading games. Now Xbox One has made confusing system at the moment, not giving out straight answers. When they explain the benefits of their views of used games and always online, it could help them but they seem to avoid talking about it. As well as always online model  and not letting indies self publish at least to me is annoying. But people can buy whatever system they think is the best, so far Xbox one has announced nice library of games. I wouldn't blame someone for wanting to play them. Sony has been playing it smart on how they are approaching gamers to try win them over, smarter than they have in the past.

Well used games isn't problem with Steam, nobody really complains about it. And eventually used game won't be problem when you can buy games digitally still that is decade off for people just downloading games. Now Xbox One has made confusing system at the moment, not giving out straight answers. When they explain the benefits of their views of used games and always online, it could help them but they seem to avoid talking about it. As well as always online model  and not letting indies self publish at least to me is annoying. But people can buy whatever system they think is the best, so far Xbox one has announced nice library of games. I wouldn't blame someone for wanting to play them. Sony has been playing it smart on how they are approaching gamers to try win them over, smarter than they have in the past.

Yeah it does bug me that indies can't self publish. It just seems like they are making a lot of bad moves.

Babe you raised some good points and I fully agree with you and you know that i'm not a fangirl of any console really . But PS4 really is the better product IMHO.

Agreed. Just please always be a fangirl of Lea and KH! I don't want you to change!! ;_;