Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Reyn

Looks like people still believe Vs. XIII will become FF XV.

*facepalm*

My god. If you think about it logically, and about what we've heard from Nomura about this, its really obvious VS. XIII WILL NOT BECOME FF XV. I mean, Nomura doesn't want it as part of the mainstream series, since it'll have a downer ending for the characters(At least thats what he says) and if it was going to be a new numbered title, the story and universe would need to change quite alot. I mean, it has the same mythology as the XIII trilogy and Type 0, about the gods like Etro and Bhunivelze, and that alone is too much of a connection. It would need to redo the whole story with no connections to the XIII series, since thats what they do with every FF game. And when i say no connections to the XIII series, i mean in terms of the story and universe, not weapons and enemies(Since they've re-used many  of the same creatures in most FF Games).

It would'nt be that hard to change aspects of the game to allow it to be a numbered title. And if they have been planning to do that, then they would of changed those things long ago, so it does'nt really matter.

Eh, far weirder things have happened in gaming than that. & frankly a main numbered FF as a day 1 launch title would be the biggest killer app any playstation has ever had. Plus this whole console gen has been disastrous for S-E, the sooner they can leave it behind the better.

I mean, it has the same mythology as the XIII trilogy and Type 0, about the gods like Etro and Bhunivelze, and that alone is too much of a connection.

FF1, 3, 4, & 5 all shared the 4/8 crystals mythology. Don't see why more than 1 mainline entry having l'cie is any worse.

& Type-0 is already a proven case of this being possible. Remember when it was Agito XIII? They decided to turn it into a potential new series yet still kept the connections.

Edited by MAtgS