Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Nafees Rahman

KH3D What new powers did Sora and Riku get in DDD?

In DDD Sora and Riku were supposed to get new abilities since they were self trained keyblade weilders. Though mainly they were supposed to gain the power to awake people from their "slumber". Which Riku was able to obtain atb the end of DDD due to how he dived back into Sora's heart and save him from a deep sleep he was in.

They were both training to be keyblade masters, which comes with a range of powers:

All Keyblade Masters share the ability to extract the hearts of themselves or others, MX does this with Aurora in BBS.

They can also extract part of the heart as well, MX does this to Ven.  

They have the ability to perform the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony(though Terra does this without the title he is at the level of a master).  

Masters can conduct the Mark of Mastery exam upon potential Keyblade Masters

Also, Aqua is able to sense that the ceremony has been performed on Riku, although it is not known whether all Keyblade wielders can sense this, or if it is a Master's abillty.

The main power that we were shown was essential was the ability to dive into the hearts of others and unlock them, as Riku did in KH3.

Riku however is the only one who gained these powers, as Sora failed his exam.  

There was new magic commands, but that'd be a staple of any new installment to include additional commands.  

Riku however is the only one who gained these powers, as Sora failed his exam.  

I was reading along like... "She is aware only Riku passed, right!?" And then you mentioned it :P

Even though Sora 'failed' he still gained powers :

I see. Were there certain intentions in that scene with the Dream Eaters?

Nomura: That scene was added in the final stages of production. It wouldn’t feel right to have worked so hard raising the Dream Eaters without some sort of closure. Also, since Sora has obtained the power to open doors into the worlds of sleep, I purposely wanted to show a scene where he used that power.

Even though Sora 'failed' he still gained powers :

I see. Were there certain intentions in that scene with the Dream Eaters?

Nomura: That scene was added in the final stages of production. It wouldn’t feel right to have worked so hard raising the Dream Eaters without some sort of closure. Also, since Sora has obtained the power to open doors into the worlds of sleep, I purposely wanted to show a scene where he used that power.

Oh thanks Lea ^^;