Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
blazing

Kingdom Hearts creator wants marvel and star wars

It sounds cool to have the Star Wars characters in KH, and I LOVE the movies, but for some reason it doesn't sound right.

I mean the Star Wars franchise isn't genuine Disney, it was bought a few months ago by Disney.

Despite my feelings on this, I can't tell you how cool it would be to have Sora fight Darth Vader.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about. I personally welcome all new worlds to KH. I think it would be neat to see Sora and co. be tossed into the mix with the Star Wars and Marvel storylines. Sure we may think they don't fit together, but then again, 11 years ago no one thought Disney and FF had anything in common.

YES. And right before the battle, Luke (or another character) gives you a Lightsaber Keyblade for an epic showdown.

Come on guys, have trust. If Nomura can pull off the combination of Final Fantasy and Disney, then this is possible too. It seems like a lot of people are not optimists :(

I'm not really an optimist but people should really think about the consequences in a good way and have trust..

My reaction to this notion is nothing else but a definite No. Nomura has already gotten tons of ideas from Star Wars and we already have lightsabers in the game. Not to mention the element of "Nothingness" aka the Force. I hope you're not serious though.

No, I was replying to the topic.

We can assume Nomura's a god or whatever but that doesn't mean he'll have the money to just buy the rights to whatever he wants, especially since everyone knows SE has been suffering financially.  Disney limits the rights to the amount of material SE can use for this game and the face time their characters can have, and rights cost money.  That's why we haven't see a new Tarzan world since KH1 (not including memory copies or HD masters) and why there was so little scenes of Mickey in KH1.  These new divisions would be the same.  If I had the money I could go out and acquire a company doesn't mean I personally produced their previous products, it wouldn't make them "Caity" products, and I see no difference to Disney acquiring them.  The past films and comics are not Disney products just cause they bought the right to them.  

Wut? I never said anything about the rights, all I said was that Nomura could probably fit it in without it being dumb. I never said anything at all about copyright -,-

Posted Image

Space paranoids and The Grid already change any keyblade you use into looking like a lightsaber.  

That doesn't look like a lightsaber at all, just so you know.

My reaction to this notion is nothing else but a definite No. Nomura has already gotten tons of ideas from Star Wars and we already have lightsabers in the game. Not to mention the element of "Nothingness" aka the Force. I hope you're not serious though.

Just because you don't like it means that I'm joking about it? Where's the logic in that? Let's just wait and see what happens, and I repeat, have some trust damit. The Clone Wars versions of the characters would be able to fit well anyway. Maybe not Marvel, but there's a possibility that there will be Star Wars.

haha I guess so :D

Nope. That is not a lightsaber keyblade, sir.

Just to clarify... EA doesn't own anything. EA was a publisher for some Star Wars games but the rights to any Star Wars game belong to Lucas Arts which was bought by Disney. So, if Disney gives Nomura the OK, then it's a done deal.And yes, Darth Vader would be an awesome boss fight.

In defense of the idea, there's only so many nostalgic Disney movies you can throw in before desperation becomes noticeable. I'm sure that Square can think of quite a few ways to pioneer the series with the already-existing Disney material, but that would also depend on Disney's approval.

Although, regarding Star Wars, I'm not sure how you would create a world out of a series that's structured around a galaxy, and fit it into the RoL. You can't just throw the Death Star in and just expect the sub-plot to run smoothly.

*Imagines Eraqus being mentored by Obi-Wan*

Edited by Gogo

Coming from a fan of all three I don't think star wars or marvel would fit in kingdom hearts. Plus I don't think that he said that. Maybe hinted at it though. But I still doubt it'd happen.

Edited by VeNate13

The only way I can see a Marvel world working would be if it was in a comic book that acted like the Hundred Acre Woods. So basically it would be separated even further from the rest of the worlds and you have no "hope" of any of the characters leaving it to help Sora. After all, aside from wanting to protect their own city/world, why would a super hero pass down the opportunity to save a universe?

And for Star Wars, I can't really imagine it working since a lot of it's story has the characters going from world to worlds, so that would just be annoying... I don't want multiple Star Wars world, or to just par take in a SINGLE iconic battle. Also another reason why I don't want Star Wars worlds, I don't want Sora to try or succeed to use the force and then use it in other worlds.