Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Skai

Why is Namine blonde?

I've been wondering this myself, for quite some time.  Right after it was explained that Nobodies should look very similar to their counterparts and the origin of Roxas' looks was due to Ven's heart being sheltered in Sora's heart, I wondered why Namine's wasn't explained.

So... is Nomura ever going to explain why Namine has blonde hair?

Theories?

Discuss!

Could it be that because Ven, Vanitas and Kairi were in his heart, some of Ven's looks, such as his hair color transferred to Namine instead?

Edited by Sky Heart

Namine is considered a "true nobody" which means it does resemble a somebody's heart but not the body unlike most of the other nobodies we've seen. Kairi's heart was within Sora so it wasn't in Kairi's body at the time. Roxas would've looked like someone completely different but Ventus's heart had a connection to Roxas which technically made him look like it because his soul practically resides in Roxas as well. Same goes for Namine except Ventus didn't have a connection to Kairi's heart.

A proper and true nobody is a person who is created from a somebody's heart yet they don't look the same and create their own appearance. This is who Namine is. 

Edited by Shana09

Namine is considered a "true nobody" which means it does resemble a somebody's heart but not the body unlike most of the other nobodies we've seen. Kairi's heart was within Sora so it wasn't in Kairi's body at the time. Roxas would've looked like someone completely different but Ventus's heart had a connection to Roxas which technically made him look like it because his soul practically resides in Roxas as well. Same goes for Namine except Ventus didn't have a connection to Kairi's heart.

A proper and true nobody is a person who is created from a somebody's heart yet they don't look the same and create their own appearance. This is who Namine is. 

Not quite. She's actually considered a special nobody (as Ansem himself said). A nobody should normally looked like their original being, assuming they had a strong heart and didn't instead become a dusk. There is no such term as a "proper an true nobody". 

Ventus' soul does not reside in Roxas', it's actually assumed that Roxas gained a heart of his own (hinted throughout his time in the Organization and was also revealed by Xemnas and Braig in TWTNW). 

It's never explained why she has blonde hair, it can only be assume because of Ventus' influence on Sora's heart and the beings associated with his heart, namely Roxas and Namine.

I always imagined it was because Naminé was the nobody of only a part of Kairi's heart (the part that was in Sora when he decided to stab himself); also, this combined with the fact that Kairi's heart is pure light, so that when it was 'unlocked' or whatever you want to call it, the other half didn't get turned into a heartless, so Kairi got to keep both her memories and her appearance, which is usually what turns into 'nobodies' as far as all the other org. members go.

I've been wondering this myself, for quite some time.  Right after it was explained that Nobodies should look very similar to their counterparts and the origin of Roxas' looks was due to Ven's heart being sheltered in Sora's heart, I wondered why Namine's wasn't explained.

So... is Nomura ever going to explain why Namine has blonde hair?

Theories?

Discuss!

Could it be that because Ven, Vanitas and Kairi were in his heart, some of Ven's looks, such as his hair color transferred to Namine instead?

I agree with the idea the Ven's heart influenced the appearance of Namine and Roxas. 

Vanitas does not reside in Sora's heart, he was destroyed by Ventus in BBS. That's why Ventus' heart was destroyed and he fell into a comatose state. 

The only reason Vanitas appeared in DDD is because Young Xehanort was influencing dark figures from Sora's and Riku's past to reveal themselves. That's also why Riku saw his replica inside Montro

Well, if you wanna know the truth of it, Xehanort is actually  Kairi's grandfather.  Of course, you may think, "What does this have to do with Namine, Kairi's nobody, having blonde hair?"  Well, here's the interesting part, Namine is actually Kairi's long-lost-time-traveling aunt, not her nobody at all.  And again, you may ask, "How could she be her aunt?  What's the bloodline connection?"  Well, Xehanort and Namine are actually brother and sister.  You may have realized that through this logic, Kairi herself is now cut off from the equation, which, in truth, makes this whole situation a bit easier to understand.  Now I shall continue...Currently we have established that Namine and Xehanort are actually blood-relatives, however, the origins of Namine's hair color are STILL not explained.  This is where the story gets interesting, and this is also where Nomura's genius comes to play.  If you noticed throughout the entire Kindgom Hearts Saga thus far, the word "the" has come up multiple times, and has been spoken by many characters...including XEHANORT AND NAMINE THEMSELVES.  See the connection?  It's almost poetic!  However, what many fans overlook is that Eraqus ALSO says this archaic phrase, used only by true Keyblade Masters.  (Yes, this also means Namine IS not only a keyblade weilder, but ALSO a Keyblade Master, for information on this, send me a private message, as it is a much longer story to tell).  Now, you may start to piece things together here, and if you guessed that Eraqus is actually a nobody of Namine and Xehanort uncle, YOU'RE CORRECT.  To support this theory, look at KH3D, the most recently released KH game, and ALSO the last game to be released before KH3 (THE END OF THE XEHANORT SAGA).  In KH3D, we learn that nobodies can grow hearts, hearts of their very own, which is JUST what Eraqus has done!  And finally, we approach the reason as to why Namine has blonde hair:  Eraqus's wife is Namine's mother!  Think about it, isn't almost IRONIC how KH3D released that information, and following all the other speculation explained here, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to deny this information.  And with all this, it's clear to see this is truth.  If you want further evidence, I would recommend reviewed EVERY cutscene from the Kingdom Hearts series so far, so you can see exactly who all said, "the".  In addition, review all Nomura's interviews, and you'll find that he actually confirms all of this inadvertently, which is simply ridiculous!  BUT THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS.  If you've read all this bullshit, then you'll also get a free sandwich.

Posted Image 

Enjoy!

where's ma sammich!

Well, if you wanna know the truth of it, Xehanort is actually  Kairi's grandfather.  Of course, you may think, "What does this have to do with Namine, Kairi's nobody, having blonde hair?"  Well, here's the interesting part, Namine is actually Kairi's long-lost-time-traveling aunt, not her nobody at all.  And again, you may ask, "How could she be her aunt?  What's the bloodline connection?"  Well, Xehanort and Namine are actually brother and sister.  You may have realized that through this logic, Kairi herself is now cut off from the equation, which, in truth, makes this whole situation a bit easier to understand.  Now I shall continue...Currently we have established that Namine and Xehanort are actually blood-relatives, however, the origins of Namine's hair color are STILL not explained.  This is where the story gets interesting, and this is also where Nomura's genius comes to play.  If you noticed throughout the entire Kindgom Hearts Saga thus far, the word "the" has come up multiple times, and has been spoken by many characters...including XEHANORT AND NAMINE THEMSELVES.  See the connection?  It's almost poetic!  However, what many fans overlook is that Eraqus ALSO says this archaic phrase, used only by true Keyblade Masters.  (Yes, this also means Namine IS not only a keyblade weilder, but ALSO a Keyblade Master, for information on this, send me a private message, as it is a much longer story to tell).  Now, you may start to piece things together here, and if you guessed that Eraqus is actually a nobody of Namine and Xehanort uncle, YOU'RE CORRECT.  To support this theory, look at KH3D, the most recently released KH game, and ALSO the last game to be released before KH3 (THE END OF THE XEHANORT SAGA).  In KH3D, we learn that nobodies can grow hearts, hearts of their very own, which is JUST what Eraqus has done!  And finally, we approach the reason as to why Namine has blonde hair:  Eraqus's wife is Namine's mother!  Think about it, isn't almost IRONIC how KH3D released that information, and following all the other speculation explained here, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to deny this information.  And with all this, it's clear to see this is truth.  If you want further evidence, I would recommend reviewed EVERY cutscene from the Kingdom Hearts series so far, so you can see exactly who all said, "the".  In addition, review all Nomura's interviews, and you'll find that he actually confirms all of this inadvertently, which is simply ridiculous!  BUT THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS.  If you've read all this bullshit, then you'll also get a free sandwich.

Posted Image 

Enjoy!

Well, that was the greatest gaming theory I've ever read in my life. Thank you for the delicious virtual sandwich by the way, kind sir. I shall keep it on my HDD forever. 

Edited by OathOfOblivionXIII

Not quite. She's actually considered a special nobody (as Ansem himself said). A nobody should normally looked like their original being, assuming they had a strong heart and didn't instead become a dusk. There is no such term as a "proper an true nobody". 

Ventus' soul does not reside in Roxas', it's actually assumed that Roxas gained a heart of his own (hinted throughout his time in the Organization and was also revealed by Xemnas and Braig in TWTNW). 

It's never explained why she has blonde hair, it can only be assume because of Ventus' influence on Sora's heart and the beings associated with his heart, namely Roxas and Namine.

Actually, thats not entirely true. Roxas had a heart to start with. When Sora freed his own heart along with Kairi's, Ven's heart also left Sora's body and entered Roxas, which also made him look like Ventus. Roxas had a heart from the beginning unlike the other nobodies even if it wasn't his own, and he actually had feelings. It was why he was able to make Axel feel like he had a heart too. But its possible that Roxas could've gained his own heart, but this has never been confirmed. Thats why he could wield 2 keyblades aswell. When he absorbed Xion, he gained access to Ven's keyblade along with his own. Ven's heart is also the reason Sora can dual wield too.

Wasn't this question answered by Nomura during an interview? I'm sure I read something like that. Too lazy to go look myself, but it had something to do with Ventus's Heart. Namine is a Hybrid of Ventus and Kairi. :]

Actually, thats not entirely true. Roxas had a heart to start with. When Sora freed his own heart along with Kairi's, Ven's heart also left Sora's body and entered Roxas, which also made him look like Ventus. Roxas had a heart from the beginning unlike the other nobodies even if it wasn't his own, and he actually had feelings. It was why he was able to make Axel feel like he had a heart too. But its possible that Roxas could've gained his own heart, but this has never been confirmed. Thats why he could wield 2 keyblades aswell. When he absorbed Xion, he gained access to Ven's keyblade along with his own. Ven's heart is also the reason Sora can dual wield too.

Oh wait yeah I think I remember reading something about Ven's heart being inside Roxas :D not 100% gotta double check that. BUT that's not why he can dual wield. It's only because he absorbed Xion that he can dual wield. And as for Sora, he can dual wield because of the fairys from the beginning of KH2. Remember they said that his new clothes gave him new powers (ie. the Drive power which let's him dual wield).

Now when he dual wielded to help defeat Xemnas, I think that's because of his encounter with Roxas in TWTNW

Oh wait yeah I think I remember reading something about Ven's heart being inside Roxas :D not 100% gotta double check that. BUT that's not why he can dual wield. It's only because he absorbed Xion that he can dual wield. And as for Sora, he can dual wield because of the fairys from the beginning of KH2. Remember they said that his new clothes gave him new powers (ie. the Drive power which let's him dual wield).

Now when he dual wielded to help defeat Xemnas, I think that's because of his encounter with Roxas in TWTNW

No dude, when he absorbed Xion, he became whole, and was able to access Ven's keyblade and dual wield.

As for Sora, he could always Dual Wield, he just didn't know he had the power until he got the drive forms. Ask Flaming Lea.

No dude, when he absorbed Xion, he became whole, and was able to access Ven's keyblade and dual wield.

As for Sora, he could always Dual Wield, he just didn't know he had the power until he got the drive forms. Ask Flaming Lea.

It was the emotional trauma from Xions death that 'awakened' Vens keyblade . Xions keyblade is a replica and fake as stated in game and by Nomura . The fairies clothes didn't give him another keyblade . They just tapped into hidden potential such as Vens keyblade and other abilities Sora didn't consciously realize he had . Confirmed in the interviews below that he gets his second keyblade from Ven not Xion and not the fairies clothes either exactly and that Xions keyblade is fake. xDD Here ya go:

- Namine tells Riku that in order for Sora�s memories to be restored, both Sora�s Nobody and Xion must no longer exist. So he takes it on himself to defeat them, but when he and Roxas fought, was that the first time he had realized that Roxas was that Nobody? 

Nomura: Riku only realizes it when Roxas takes off his hood and he can see his face, and he responds to his call. Until then he only half believed. When he first met Xion, he didn�t think that she was Sora or Kairi�s Nobody, and it was the same with Roxas. When he first saw Roxas, he had no proof of who he was. So that�s why he lost to Roxas, he was surprised at him using a real keyblade rather than an imitation like Xion's, and he called out to him. Part of Riku didn�t really want to believe that his best friend really had a Nobody.

-- In the end Roxas is able use two keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion�s? 

Nomura: Well, it isn�t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion�s keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas. In the KH series there are a lot of complex reasons why someone can use a keyblade, but basically you need a �heart� to be able to wield one. So strictly speaking, they are being influenced by Sora. 

Q1: Why do Roxas and Ventus look alike?*

A: Because inside Sora, which is Roxas’ body, is Ventus’ heart. As was shown in the opening to BbS and the ending to Last Episode, Sora and Ventus’ heart are linked. And so Roxas, who is a part of Sora, was affected by that and looks just like Ventus.

This doesn't get any clearer then this. Roxas who is literally Sora's body was affected by Ventus's heart. 

Since the heart shapes the vessel Sora's body was molded to look like Ventus as his heart remained in Sora's body. Had Ven's heart not been present Roxas would have looked like Sora not Ven.

*Q2: Why did Roxas faint in Castle Oblivion on Day 297?*

A: Because he had gotten to close to both Sora and Ventus, his “real self”.Before Day 297 in Days Sora had been to Castle Oblivion, as well as the fact that Ventus is asleep somewhere in the Room of Awakening. Both Sora and Ventus can be called Roxas’ “real selves”, and when he felt their presence it made him faint.

This further emulates the point about the location of Ven's heart. Roxas's fainted because Ven's heart was so close to his body, and Roxas(Sora's Body) was so close to his heart. Had Ven's heart not been within Roxas he woud not be included in Roxas's true selves.

*Q3 is basically the same question as 1 confirming Roxas has Ven's heart*

*Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?*

A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades. Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once, Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield

Edited by Flaming Lea

It was the emotional trauma from Xions death that 'awakened' Vens keyblade . Xions keyblade is a replica and fake as stated in game and by Nomura . The fairies clothes didn't give him another keyblade . They just tapped into hidden potential such as Vens keyblade and other abilities Sora didn't consciously realize he had . Confirmed in the interviews below that he gets his second keyblade from Ven not Xion and not the fairies clothes either exactly and that Xions keyblade is fake. xDD Here ya go:

That is the most confusing way to answer this ever.

So, basically.

Roxas, when he was created, had Ven's heart and Sora's body, hence being Sora's Nobody and the look of Ven.  He can dual wield because he has access to both Sora's and Ven's Keyblade.  During his time in the Organization, because he had Ven's heart, he could feel the sadness and trauma.  This in turn, affected those around him and made his best friend, Axel feel as if he had a heart once again also.

Sora can dual wield because he gained access to Ven's Keyblade after Roxas had assimilated back into him.  He did not know he had the inherent ability and because of which, the fairies had to privy him this information in the form of Drives.  

To add to this, Xion is a replica.  Everything about her is fake and replicated, made of Sora's memories of Kairi.  Because of this, she does not truly wield a Keyblade.

Conclusion:

If Ven's heart returns to Ven, will Sora be unable to dual wield?  Or maybe, because it is implied Roxas has grown a heart, can Sora access his counterpart's Keyblade?  If so, if Roxas is freed, will Sora be unable to dual wield, period?

Also, if Xion is freed and given her own being (body and heart), she will still not be able to wield a Keyblade because she never had a real one to begin with.  Is this wrong?

Back to the topic:

At the end of BBS, Ven's heart went into Sora's.  In the beginning of KH, Kairi's joined.  Is the reason Namine blonde this?  Because Namine is a hybrid of Ven and Kairi, just like Roxas is a hybrid of Ven and Sora or is this completely off?

Edited by Sky Heart

So, basically.

Roxas, when he was created, had Ven's heart and Sora's body, hence being Sora's Nobody and the look of Ven.  He can dual wield because he has access to both Sora's and Ven's Keyblade.  During his time in the Organization, because he had Ven's heart, he could feel the sadness and trauma.  This in turn, affected those around him and made his best friend, Axel feel as if he had a heart once again also.

Sora can dual wield because he gained access to Ven's Keyblade after Roxas had assimilated back into him.  He did not know he had the inherent ability and because of which, the fairies had to privy him this information in the form of Drives.  

To add to this, Xion is a replica.  Everything about her is fake and replicated, made of Sora's memories of Kairi.  Because of this, she does not truly wield a Keyblade.

Conclusion:

If Ven's heart returns to Ven, will Sora be unable to dual wield?  Or maybe, because it is implied Roxas has grown a heart, can Sora access his counterpart's Keyblade?  If so, if Roxas is freed, will Sora be unable to dual wield, period?

Also, if Xion is freed and given her own being (body and heart), she will still not be able to wield a Keyblade because she never had a real one to begin with.  Is this wrong?

Back to the topic:

At the end of BBS, Ven's heart went into Sora's.  In the beginning of KH, Kairi's joined.  Is the reason Namine blonde this?  Because Namine is a hybrid of Ven and Kairi, just like Roxas is a hybrid of Ven and Sora or is this completely off?

True, if Ven's heart returns to his body, Sora can no longer dual wield. He can't use Roxas's heart(If he even grew one) to dual wield, because Roxas IS PART OF SORA'S BODY. He technically is Sora, so no, it wouldn't work.

So, basically.

Conclusion:

Back to the topic:

There is nothing confusing about the way i summarized that . I pretty much said the bottom line bc the interviews i posted said it in detail . No need to write a huge paragraph when the interviews explain the rest .

Namine is an anomoly in every way so it's impossible to confirm or deny why shes blonde. Theres no way to know if Ven affected her but i suppose its possible. As for Xion she was able to use Roxas' so i'm sure it's possible for her to gain her own real one . She just has to "remember" like Nomura said with Data Sora- if they remember how to wield it and they used one before they can summon one again .Thats how he was able to summon a real keyblade after what Maleficent did .

Edited by Flaming Lea

Because naming is a weird case she was created form her heart being freed from sora so he was kinda of a combination of their hearts blending. And remember kari never lost her body die to being a princess of heart. So that's any she can manipulate sora and those aligned to hims memories she was a very Special case l don't know if ven had anything to do with it