Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Kingdom Hearts III appears in June 20 issue of Famitsu

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, releasing on June 20, 2013, has contained an article on Kingdom Hearts III. The article summarizes the information from E3 2013, and contains an interview with series director Tetsuya Nomura, where he discusses details about the game. The majority of this issue was published on Famitsu.com last week, and thanks to goldpanner for translations, you can read this interview here.

aibo_ac7 and hokanko-alt have reported on some possible new information from the issue, and we will have definite translations of this up soon.

Update 1: goldpanner has done a full translation of the new details from the issue, and this translation can be read below. With a big thanks to her, enjoy!

Q&A With KH3 Director Tetsuya Nomura

---Outline
* Release date TBA
* Price TBA

* Director: Tetsuya Nomura
* Co. Director: Tai Yasue
* Composer: Yoko Shimomura
* Producer: Rie Nishi

* The plot consists of Sora and the gang doing their thing on various Disney Worlds in order to find the key to restore hearts
* CG renders of Sora, Donald Duck and Goofy are introduced
~

---Q&A
* It will continue on from KH3D, and the selection of new worlds is under way. There will be a final showdown with Xehanort as this is the last chapter of the Dark Seeker Chronicles.
* Will we be able to control characters other than Sora, such as Riku or Kairi etc? He wouldn't say that the possibility is zero.
* About the visuals: They are still exploring how KH ought to look on next gen, but as the characters of KH were designed to evoke the feeling of the brush painting in the works of Disney, they're going back to that as the starting point. After a few tests on the request of Mr Nozue, they came up with visuals that among the developers they are calling the 'Kingdom Shader'.
* The action: There is a demo version that works on real consoles, and it's an absolute storm. Going even beyond 'bold action', in KHIII you will have a three person party but depending on the world NPCs will also join in fighting. Basically they're developing some very flashy action. Enemy AI has also changed considerably, and they are going for coordinated action that you can pull with enemies and allies alike.
* In these testing stages they already have Sora transforming his Keyblade
* The FFXV and KHIII development teams cause each other to improve as they work. Even at the private conference there was a response, developments unseen in the KH series so far eg. online elements are under investigation, he wants you to look forward to upcoming news. This year in Japan they will be exhibiting at Tokyo Game Show and at Disney's D23 Expo Japan event in October, so expect more information to come out around then.

Update 2: ArikaMiz has uploaded a photo from the article, showing an all-new render of Sora, Donald and Goofy for Kingdom Hearts III. You can see this below.

wkjBjBUl.jpg

O_O The KH3 gameplay at E3 wasn't running on an actual PS4/ShitboxXbox One? Man, who knew it was being developed on PC.

THERE'S A DEMO, I WANT! Also, this "Bold" action i'm assuming is the Triangle reaction command. 3 person party, with NPC's from the worlds fighting. Oh great, it seems like we're only playing as Sora, AGAIN. DAMN IT NOMURA, I WANTED ALL THE KEYBLADE WIELDERS TO BE PLAYABLE DAMN IT. And NO LANDING IN AIR BATTLES, cool.

YEAH, TGS AND D23 EXPO WILL HAVE KH3 AND FF XV, :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

O_O The KH3 gameplay at E3 wasn't running on an actual PS4/ShitboxXbox One? Man, who knew it was being developed on PC.

THERE'S A DEMO, I WANT! Also, this "Bold" action i'm assuming is the Triangle reaction command. 3 person party, with NPC's from the worlds fighting. Oh great, it seems like we're only playing as Sora, AGAIN. DAMN IT NOMURA, I WANTED ALL THE KEYBLADE WIELDERS TO BE PLAYABLE DAMN IT. And NO LANDING IN AIR BATTLES, cool.

YEAH, TGS AND D23 EXPO WILL HAVE KH3 AND FF XV, :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Bold action is just that. Bold action. He said the same thing about DDD. He wanted it to have bold action.

O_O The KH3 gameplay at E3 wasn't running on an actual PS4/ShitboxXbox One? Man, who knew it was being developed on PC.THERE'S A DEMO, I WANT! Also, this "Bold" action i'm assuming is the Triangle reaction command. 3 person party, with NPC's from the worlds fighting. Oh great, it seems like we're only playing as Sora, AGAIN. DAMN IT NOMURA, I WANTED ALL THE KEYBLADE WIELDERS TO BE PLAYABLE DAMN IT. And NO LANDING IN AIR BATTLES, cool.YEAH, TGS AND D23 EXPO WILL HAVE KH3 AND FF XV, :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

He meant that only with Sora will the battles be in midair without landing. Otherwise, he wouldn't have said that we're going to be able to play as Mickey, because he said "I know everyone wants to play as him, and I'm definitely putting that into account."

KH HD 1.5, KH HD 2.5, KH3!!!!!! Daaaaamn in 3 years we will be playing all these Kingdom Hearts games.

Earlier this year someone from Square said "I hope you enjoy the next ten years of KH."Looks like we'll be here for a while. xDCan't wait to see what the next saga has in store. I hope they fast forward like five years or more.

Kairi as a playable character? Yes PLEASE.

This was actually announced quite awhile ago. Nomura said that KH3 and FFXV were being developed on the DirectX11 tool on PC and then ported to PS4 and Xbone the day after E3 or so.

Is it me or do Sora's feet look somewhat natural size. heh

That's because he's finally grown enough that his body has matched up with the size of his feet.

Have people frogot that..............wait ***SPOILER ALERT***That Lea (Axel's Somebody) was also a Keyblade weilder, so I would love to play him also. Along with Riku and Kiari