Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
kiwi socks

(Beyond KHIII) Sora's Heartless

So, I kept on muttering to myself that re:coded DID have something to contribute to the plot: Digital Sora's Heartless was the Big Bad.  And there is no such thing as a one-off Baddie in KH.  I don't want to look like a crazy person anymore, so less muttering, more talking.

In KHII, entering anti-form was something that could only be controlled if the player knew how system worked.  Story-wise, that meant that Sora has no control over it.  I would say that is an indicator that Sora doesn't know how to control his own darkness like Riku.

In KHI, Sora's darkness becomes a separate entity (Thanks Riku).  Ven's darkness was able to take on the more solid and seperated form of Vanitas.  Those two also stand out in that Aqua and Terra's final battles were with versions of Xehanort, but not Ven.  So, there's the precedent for *dun dun dun*

Sora's Darkness/Heartless/Anti-form being the next Villain.

Sora's a normal boy, which is something Nomura likes to reiterate (Kairi and Riku are weirdos).  And normal humans have not-so-nice parts of themselves.  He also has yet to go through the non-literal 'facing oneself' part of...just about any Hero story.

Thoughts?

Doubt it. I hope that the new villain is someone/something we have never heard about. "The Master" that Xehanort and Eraqus refer to. Maybe he went on the road to darkness and that is why we never seen him/her. 

Doubt it. I hope that the new villain is someone/something we have never heard about. "The Master" that Xehanort and Eraqus refer to. Maybe he went on the road to darkness and that is why we never seen him/her.

Yeah, it would be pretty boring if the next enemy was something that was unable to speak.

I don't think it should be done as something major at the end. Maybe some where in the middle? Or even from the start of the game to over come it? Like others has said, it's not enough to become a huge major threat, but you never know.

So, I kept on muttering to myself that re:coded DID have something to contribute to the plot: Digital Sora's Heartless was the Big Bad.  And there is no such thing as a one-off Baddie in KH.  I don't want to look like a crazy person anymore, so less muttering, more talking. In KHII, entering anti-form was something that could only be controlled if the player knew how system worked.  Story-wise, that meant that Sora has no control over it.  I would say that is an indicator that Sora doesn't know how to control his own darkness like Riku. In KHI, Sora's darkness becomes a separate entity (Thanks Riku).  Ven's darkness was able to take on the more solid and seperated form of Vanitas.  Those two also stand out in that Aqua and Terra's final battles were with versions of Xehanort, but not Ven.  So, there's the precedent for *dun dun dun* Sora's Darkness/Heartless/Anti-form being the next Villain. Sora's a normal boy, which is something Nomura likes to reiterate (Kairi and Riku are weirdos).  And normal humans have not-so-nice parts of themselves.  He also has yet to go through the non-literal 'facing oneself' part of...just about any Hero story. Thoughts?

Let's remember that the events you speak of were caused by external forces not by Sora's in ability to control his own darkness. For starters Anti-Form although originating from Sora's time as a heartless it only manifests as a side effect from Sora using to much power when driving. With that being said Sora is fully capable of controlling so long as he limits his drive time. It's not that he can't control it as much it is Anti-Form acting as a counterbalance.Secondly Anti-Sora was not Sora's darkness it was just a heartless that Riku created to display his newfound control over darkness. Also it should be also be noted that while Sora has darkness within him it is not an incredibly large amount under normal circumstances. Hence the need for Organization XIII to find an alternate way to fall to darkness.P.S The circumstances involving Ventus and Vanitas are different considering Master Xehanort manufactured them by forcibly splitting Ventus's heart.