Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
patrickx

Should I get a PS3 or a PS4? (Kingdom Hearts Problem)

I am a HUGE Kingdom Hearts fan, it is my childhood! I currently own a PS2. This year inSeptember, KH HD 1.5 Remix, which includes Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix),Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories and KH 358/2 Days scenes [ALL HAVEBEEN REMASTERED IN HD]. I was so excited and ccertain I was going to get aPS3 for the game. Until just a few weeks ago, KHIII was officiallyannounced. I was disappointed to find out that it's only for PS4 andXBox One. (Xbox One is NOT an option for me.)Problems:1. I get a PS3 - I can't play KH3 at least a year after it's been released.2. I get a PS4 - I can't play KH 1.5 HD Remix. ever.3. PS4 is not backwards compatible.4. I get a PS4 - KH 2.5 HD Remix is expected to be released after 1.5 (I miss out on more)5. I get a PS4 - I have to wait quite sometime before KH3.6 I get a PS4 - (Hoping there will be something called 'Gai-Kai to stream the game/ Not sure)

7. I wait until KH3 officially comes out (late 2015) - I miss out on playing 1.5 and 2.5

8. I get both. I get a cheap PS3 and play 1.5 and 2.5, then 2 years later when KH3 comes out and when the PS4 is cheaper I get both. - I lose moneyWill the PS3 still be around in 2015/16?What is GaiKai and Playstation plus, will KH games be on there?NOTES: KH 1.5 HD Remix (2013), KH 2.5 HD Remix (2014), KH3 (2015?)Someone PLEASE HELP! Opinions Please

PS3. Get cheap games that've been out for awhile that are AMAZING. And itll give you something to do while waiting for the price to drop on PS4. Plus you get the HD remixes, AND THE FM'S. Nomura said in an interview he didnt think of having the HD Remixws on Gaikai for PS4, so get PS3 so you can get the final mixes.

This is what I'd do. I expect KH2.5 will probably be on PS3(and maybe PS4), and like Sora said KH3 will be released 2015 AT EARLIEST, but i expect 2016.

I think it will be out by 2015. You're right on that one though.

I'm getting the ps4 for kingdom hearts 3 and final fantasy XV. I decided that I've already played kh2 and khbbs, and If I really wanted to I could just get bbs final mix on the psp.

Unless if a PS4 can play disc based PS3 games, I would say what others are saying, if you want a PS3 get it and then get a PS4 a couple years from now when its price drops.

It's been cofirmed that the PS4 will NOT b backward compatible in terms of playing PS3 discs, but there are many people speculations of the use of Gaikai to download older generation games onto the PS4, but as far as I know there are no titles confirmed for this, or even a confirmation that Gaikai is 100% a go. I am in a similar position as my backward compatible ps3 died 3 months ago. I'm faced with the choice of repairing the ps3 or get th ps4. I decided on repairing/replacing my ps3 and get KH1.5 in time for xmas, and wait until 2015/16 to get the PS4 so I can play KH3 and FFXV :) I advise you do the same! 

i would go with a PS3 honestly. early buyers of new console nowadays get the shaft alot. i would avoid that situation if i were anyone else here but hey.

some people like to get shafted,so if you do:go for it

Edited by Christiaan Huber

Get a PS4. Even if KH3 wont be out for awhile, you can always play other games for it. The remixes have the games you've already played right? But KH3 is far more important I would assume. If you only get to pick one, it should be the PS4. Plus PS4 will have PS3 streaming, so eventually you can play the remixes too.

Get ps3, there are many great games out for ps3, and they are still going to go strong for a few more years. Ps4 has great games too, but there is only about maybe 20 something games out right now and later. plus if you wait till 2015 or late 2014, you can get the ps4 at an inexpensive price with over 100 of ps4 games to play.

KH3 will not be released until 2015 or 2016 after FFXV is released. So might as well get a ps3.

I had this same problem earlier this year and settled on PS3 because 

a.) It was actually out and less expensive.

b.) There were other games I wanted on it, anyway.

c.) Final Mix.