Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Do you think video games have made the world a better or a worse place to live?

Do you think video games have made the world a better or a worse place to live?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think video games have made the world a better or a worse place to live?

• Much better - They've saved us from an apocalypse
    • Better - They've done the world more good than harm
    • Neither - I don't think games have made an impact at all
    • Worse - They're a negative force on society
    • Much worse - We could be living in a utopia if it weren't for them

I'm not really sure how to answer this question.  Better or worse place to live in how?  In general?  I'm pretty sure there's a lot more important factors involved than games.  I'm also biased to say yes, seeing as how I'm willingly typing this on a gaming site giving news on a franchise I love.

Neither, is just a form of entertainment, like movies, or fishing or chess etc etc... if they were not video games it would probably be something different but similar, video games make no direct impact to real changes in the world, some people take them too seriously but that's it. 

Neither I think. In my life it's great that there's games and it would be different without them, but in general the world's just the same.

A lot of people who don't play games seem to think that games make people more violent, but... There's a lot of different kind of games and a lot of different kind of players. Not every game even is violent and most of people don't start acting violently even if they played violent games. Of course there's always some people who do, but even then I don't think the games they have played are the main reason for what they do. If a person has played video games and then starts shooting others, there must be something else that has gone wrong in that person's life that has made him or her do that.

Neither, for me I don't know what I'd do without them but for the majority of the world it'd mean buying your nephew something different at xmas just

dpends on your perspective, there was a serial killer recently who got rid of his emotions by using violent video games so he wouldnt feel remorse, that is definetly not a good thing.

if games were as innocent as sonic or kindom hearts (proper games). then gaming would be making the world a better place with more to do for us who need them, but games like cod which are being played even by 11 year olds and younger are a bad influence.

This is an in between question. Some people became better because of video games, some people became worse and violent (because parents don't know how to be parents anymore and let their 6 year old child who has mental disabilities play call of duty for 12 hours a day and wonder why he thinks its ok to do that in real life). Some it hasn't effected at all. It just really depends. But if you ask the media, they'll tell you it makes ALL gamers violent and lazy. Pfft.

I dunno for me it could go either way I suppose. Video games are a great way to let out your creative spirit, inspire you to do good things, give you a role model, or even met friends. However, video games can also help someone become more aggressive/irritable, secluded from family and friends, or prone to violent tendencies. I've had experiences with both sides of the coin (me the positive, my brother the negative) and feel that it really depends on the person who plays the video game as well as the type of video game one chooses to play.

Well, it seems to me that video games have impacted us on a social scale since nowadays people play online a lot or they play in the living room. Video games are entertainment media that exist for our enjoyment. People that go on blaming video games for violence must keep in mind that there are shows on TV where people have sex or rob banks or kill people, so I say ha to those that blame video games for modern violence. I for one think that video games are an excellent art form and sometimes provide even better experiences than movies themselves.