Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I think transitions from areas and screens will be very short.  I think that we'll get vastly large areas (hopefully with people in it).  Given past multiplayer games, I believe we will have parts of a world cut off for one character, yet open for another.  

We'll most likely collect maps again and have them faded in the corner.  Unless they use PSVita as an option and have a coloured map on it.  

Do you think each of the worlds will be open with a map in KH3 instead of divided in sections?

I mean if you think about it, it'd be a lot of running, remember in the mulan world, where you'd go from the base of the mountain, and like to high middle of it in like i transition, now if we actually had to run that distance....maybe if we had some kinda transport...other than the gliding

Do you think each of the worlds will be open with a map in KH3 instead of divided in sections?

I think the Playstation 4 can handle that but I highly doubt Square Enix will do it.

To me it just seems KH3 will be like the other numbered titles. But I do hope they add some ideas they used in the other games.

For example, the bigger areas we had in KH3D are a good idea, and that together with larger worlds would be cool. It just seems that in KH2 the rooms were small and in 3D there were few areas. There's always something missing =S

The areas would be more open as well, but not completely like in Zelda or Okami.

I really wanted more worlds in this game as well. A developed story to each one, so we don't have to visit them all tow times, but exploring lots of old friends we met through the series, some new to Sora.

Edited by AntonioKHT

I mean if you think about it, it'd be a lot of running, remember in the mulan world, where you'd go from the base of the mountain, and like to high middle of it in like i transition, now if we actually had to run that distance....maybe if we had some kinda transport...other than the gliding

I didn't about that. You are probably right.

it'd still be cool if it was open world though

Yeah...for the Mulan world they could put in some climbing to get to the top of the mountain. I mean, we wouldn't actually climb (that's not very KH-ish) but it could be like a reaction command triggered when you go to the bottom of the mountain. You press triangle and Sora climbs his way up the mountain. That would solve the problem :)

individual maps are how the series functions, its part of how the gameplay works at its foundational level :)

i always felt kh worked without sandbox open world style, but only because all of those individual maps were detailed and hold their own exploration values.

the current system is fine but i hope they have interactive fun worlds like kh1, maybe even better.

I think transitions from areas and screens will be very short.  I think that we'll get vastly large areas (hopefully with people in it).  Given past multiplayer games, I believe we will have parts of a world cut off for one character, yet open for another.  

We'll most likely collect maps again and have them faded in the corner.  Unless they use PSVita as an option and have a coloured map on it.  

yes i completely agree, the limiting areas you can go thing will also probably be in place like you said, but i just think it would be nice if they opened all the parts of a world to all characters at a certain point in the game or as the stroy progresses these barriers change possibly :)

I like it the way it was in KH1 where you'd see Sora open a door or walk into the next area instead of just magically ending up in a different place somehow like in all the other games.

Edited by VeNate13

individual maps are how the series functions, its part of how the gameplay works at its foundational level :)

i always felt kh worked without sandbox open world style, but only because all of those individual maps were detailed and hold their own exploration values.

the current system is fine but i hope they have interactive fun worlds like kh1, maybe even better.

yes i completely agree, the limiting areas you can go thing will also probably be in place like you said, but i just think it would be nice if they opened all the parts of a world to all characters at a certain point in the game or as the stroy progresses these barriers change possibly :)

they said something about a massive universe so you never know guess we'll have to wait and see 

Two years later, and now we know. My prediction was on point. Sorry for braggin'...the temptation was too strong.

Two years later, and now we know. My prediction was on point. Sorry for braggin'...the temptation was too strong.

No problem man feels good doesn't it.

Nomura said this: "While the world may not be comparable to massively open-world titles, it's far bigger than previous Kingdom Hearts titles. There's a huge decrease in load times too. In previous games, you'd run to the end of an area and it would go dark before transitioning to the next stage -- now it's become seamless, as you can see in the trailer when Sora jumps off the mountain you've just battled up."

So I think the worlds will be open for the most part. There way still be "rooms" as in previous titles but they will probably be fewer and load times will be almost unnoticeable.

Edited by Jordan Holmer

Nomura said this: "While the world may not be comparable to massively open-world titles, it's far bigger than previous Kingdom Hearts titles. There's a huge decrease in load times too. In previous games, you'd run to the end of an area and it would go dark before transitioning to the next stage -- now it's become seamless, as you can see in the trailer when Sora jumps off the mountain you've just battled up."

So I think the worlds will be open for the most part. There way still be "rooms" as in previous titles but they will probably be fewer and load times will be almost unnoticeable.

He basically said there are no transitions between "rooms". Each world is a big open area that you can visit seamlessly. The world itself is one big "room" so I don't think there'll be rooms like in previous titles.

He basically said there are no transitions between "rooms". Each world is a big open area that you can visit seamlessly. The world itself is one big "room" so I don't think there'll be rooms like in previous titles.

KH2 worlds had 3-4 map treasure chests. Think every world will have 1 map?

KH2 worlds had 3-4 map treasure chests. Think every world will have 1 map?

Yup!

I don't know about an open world, though it would beak some tradition with the new graphics, none of the other Square Enix games have any open world stuff that I know of.

Lightning returns is pretty open. And FFXV has an open world but what I meant by open world is not a gigantic world to explore like in FFXV and Skyrim. I should've said a seamless world. A big map (not giant, just big enough) where you can travel seamlessly. And I don't get why you guys are saying it won't happen...Nomura confirmed it. I didn't express myself correctly, I wasn't refering to the scale of the world but to the "seamlessness" (That's probably not a word) of an open world. Just like Nomura said: "In previous games, you'd run to the end of an area and it would go dark before transitioning to the next stage -- now it's become seamless, as you can see in the trailer when Sora jumps off the mountain you've just battled up."

Edited by PrinceNoctis