Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

TV Is there a Japanese dub for The Last Airbender?

On 7/28/2013 at 8:23 PM, Lalalablah said:

I don't consider it anime. And the English version is a better way to watch it because its an English show... Watching it dubbed in Japanese+English subs because you can't even speak Japanese just sounds dumb

Funny thing is! I'm looking for answers on this thread because I'm actually studying Japanese and I remember I used to adore this show. So I don't know if  the one who opened this thread has the same reason but hey, as long as it helps with one's vocabulary study, it can't be dumb! At least in this context :))

Also, I'd choose Japanese voice actors over some English voice actors any day tbh, even if I didn't understand the language and needed subs. Best wishes!

Are you firetrucking stupid instead of wasting your time with this just look at the credits

This was made in 2013 but never got posted

On 7/28/2013 at 4:29 PM, Dio Brando said:

Now I know that the show is owned by Nickldeon(As far as I know)

But is there a Japanese dub for it???

I've watched Nox Vidmate VLC two seasons in English and I wanna know if there is a Japanese dub for this and for The Legend of Korra

Hold on, you want to watch an English show with a Japanese dub with English subtitiles? 

•  
Edited by zafirkalvin

On 7/28/2013 at 1:23 PM, Lalalablah said:

I don't consider it anime. And the English version is a better way to watch it because its an English show... Watching it dubbed in Japanese+English subs because you can't even speak Japanese just sounds dumb

That's your opinion. Some of us prefer Japanese acting over English acting. Just because something is English or Japanese, doesn't mean it has to be watched that way. Never once have I told someone they should watch an anime in sub because it is a Japanese show.

My friend would say to this : これらのアニメや映画に時間を費やす代わりに、ゲームにもっと時間を費やす方が良いモバイルパンダは、それからより多くの利益を得ます。 または、少なくともあなたはそれを持つでしょう。And he would be absolutely right. 

Something is wrong with these people...There's nothing wrong if you prefer watching something in the language in which you are comfortable...Though i always think that originals should be preferred. But pasting you own thoughts on others mind is not considered good in any way...

If i talk about Avatar, i think there was almost no difference in English and Japanese dubbed version of the show...One thing people are forgetting is that this is an American show made by Korean Animation team and it is similar to any other Anime show...

I can watch it in Korean as well...

But while watching Anime i prefer the best version which shows all good qualities of the art...The voice should match with the characters and it should showcase perfect emotions and expressions of the characters... 

NOW, let me tell you guys what makes sense to me...It is an American show, yes. It was made by an Asian company, yes. English dubbed is good, yes. Japanese dubbed is good, yes.

But there are two important factors where i will choose Japanese dubbed. 

1. Almost All the characters are Asian so it will connect with asians better than English. I can't imagine every asian speaking English.

2. Most of the times i prefer English version of Katara but the voice of other characters in Japanese suits more than the English one. They are deep, impactful and seems less indifferent to me...I don't like Sokka's voice in any of the version though... But Japanese voice suits his character more...

I know watching English shows in Japanese means some settings and translations of the show will be changed. But this happens all the time. So either watch with perfect English subtitles or just read books before watching it in any other language... 

BUT i am pretty sure as the last season is more serious...English version might suit it...

Edit: Too bad...I just checked the last season of Avatar in Japanese, and i disliked the new voices, some are bearable but what a mess that they handed out the production of last season to a different company...

Edited by Anku
Correction