Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Farewell, Pokemon Generation 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw6McSbuIzI

Well, it's official. My preorder for Pokemon Y Version has been put in. I've decided that before I go headfirst into the next generation, I'd like to look back and reflect on the past generation, 5. The one that had Black/White/Black 2/White 2. So, without further ado, let's go!

I remember when I finally got my hands on White version. After 4th gen, my least favorite in the series, a new start with White was spectacular. 100+ new Pokemon, more of a storyline, awesome gym leaders and characters... While I didn't like White as much as I did the first three generations, I still loved it almost as much. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I decided to reset my game after I'd done most of the sidequests. Only later did I regret that...

Pokemon White Version 2 and Black Version 2 were both announced a year or so later. I was incredibly excited. A direct sequel to a main series Pokemon game was something that had never happened before (The GCN games aren't considered main series). When I learned that I could use my White version to get a few bonus features in the game, I regretted having reset my game. In fact, I still need to finish White to do the Memory Links. Back on topic, I got White 2 a few months after its release, just like with White. At first, I enjoyed White 2, but similarly to White, I didn't think it quite lived up to the first three generations. It's very likely that this is because it was overshadowed by other games I had gotten at the same time, such as The World Ends With You. However, upon getting close to the end, I'd changed my mind.

White 2 shot up to my second favorite Pokemon game. It took what White had done, and built upon this to make it even better. It added Pokemon from past generations, fixing the complaints about the "Only New Pokemon" rule in B/W. The story was expanded upon even more. Seeing the region I'd mastered two years after becoming the champion was similar to returning to Kanto in the Johto games. There were a ton of sidequests. There were a ton of new features, and I thoroughly enjoyed each one. White 2 is now right up there with the original Silver version when it comes to my favorite Pokemon games. I'd always thought that nothing could ever be nearly as good as the first three generations. This game had proven me wrong, and taught me to never doubt a new Pokemon game again.

Fast forward once again. Pokemon X and Y were announced worldwide. Similarly to with B/W and B2/W2, I was overjoyed at this. It's looking spectacular so far, and I'm even more excited now that my preorder is official. However, I still can't help but look back at Gen 5, and feel sad. It was a short lived generation. Heck, it didn't even get a console RPG, like Stadium, Colosseum, or Battle Revolution. It never got the Gen 3 remakes like everyone had anticipated. Still, it's my second favorite generation, and I absolutely love it. I'd say that it'll never change, but I'm never doubting a main series Pokemon game's ability to amaze me again. However, no matter what, Gen 5 will always remain as the gen that had changed my thoughts on the series as a whole. The first generation with a story that truly had me hooked in, made me feel emotional. It was a great experience to have, and will remain as one of my favorite gaming memories. Goodbye, Generation 5. You've definitely earned a fan in me.

I don't think I'm gonna get any new pokemon games since they have lost their charm and they don't really look like pokemon anymore but I might change my mind because the new games are kinda awesome.

I remember vowing to myself that I would never stop liking pokemon,welp looks like I'm not the type that keeps my promises.

Edited by Keyblade Master101

I don't think I'm gonna get any new pokemon games since they have just gotten horrible desgins now.

I remember vowing to myself that I would never stop liking pokemon,here I am only caring about digimon,don't give shit what happens to pokemon xD.

It is people like that 

I don't think I'm gonna get any new pokemon games since they have just gotten horrible desgins now.

I remember vowing to myself that I would never stop liking pokemon,here I am only caring about digimon,don't give shit what happens to pokemon xD.

Uh... why reply if you're just going to post Pokemon hate? -_- This thread's meant for remembering the latest games, not for saying they suck, man.

Uh... why reply if you're just going to post Pokemon hate? -_- This thread's meant for remembering the latest games, not for saying they suck, man.

Well I was just expressing myself sorry.I don't really hate pokemon,I just don't like it as much anymore but seriously don't you think the new pokemon designs kinda lost some of its charm?

Well I was just expressing myself sorry.I don't really hate pokemon,I just don't like it as much anymore but seriously don't you think the new pokemon designs kinda lost some of its charm?

I love a lot of the Pokemon designs in Gen 5. Just because it's not the same as the older games doesn't make them bad...

I love a lot of the Pokemon designs in Gen 5. Just because it's not the same as the older games doesn't make them bad...

Well what I'm trying to say,the new designs just don't give me the "pokemon" feel anymore.I mean I still liked some desgins from the 5th gen and a few from the sixth but majorty doesn't seem like pokemon anymore,I swear sometimes it looks like they are digimon and at others food(which I like though).I'm not really trying to hate on them per se.

Well what I'm trying to say,the new designs just don't give me the "pokemon" feel anymore.I mean I still liked some desgins from the 5th gen and a few from the sixth but majorty doesn't seem like pokemon anymore,I swear sometimes it looks like they are digimon and at others food(which I like though).I'm not really trying to hate on them per se.

I know that some of them may not really give off that "Pokemon" feel, but What makes a pokemon? What makes something not a pokemon?

I know that some of them may not really give off that "Pokemon" feel, but What makes a pokemon? What makes something not a pokemon?

I guess the kinda cute and some times kinda cool feel to them,I mean they aren't any pokemon that look fierce.That said it has nothing to do with new or old since I could care less about some pokemon from the early gens.I guess it all boils down to what you think a pokemon is.I do like what they are doing to the new pokemon games themselves.

There were a few designs I liked and that was Virizion, Terrakion, the other pokemon who has ion in it, and Genesect.

Well, time to say hello to a new generation!

Edited by AT-LOW Kihara

The games were alright and the story was cool, but man SOME of those pokemon designs sucked

Posted Image

This in particular

that looks really cute and cuddly 

I am sure that, that will be used a lot in competitive scene

That's up to everyone's taste

What doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's hated by everyone....your opinion is just an opinion,not a fact at all.

I myself loved Gen 5 soooooo much,It's my second favorite generation right next to Gen 2

I loved the Unova region,they gym leaders has personality and they contribute to the plot not just only there for me to beat,the story was the best story in the series,and I honestly liked the design of most of Gen 5 Pokemon(except Patrat,Trubbish and Woobat)

I spent over 100 hours on Black and White 2 and I'm still playing it,transfering my Pokemon from Soul Silver to it and training both my old and new Pokemon for X & Y when it comes out.

This section of the video game forum is for Pokemon fans,if you don't like Pokemon,why the hell would you post here???

Do you want to cause a hate war???

Edited by Metal Snake

The games were alright and the story was cool, but man SOME of those pokemon designs sucked

Posted Image

This in particular

Thats garbage.(pun intended)

That's up to everyone's taste

What doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's hated by everyone....your opinion is just an opinion,not a fact at all.

I myself loved Gen 5 soooooo much,It's my second favorite generation right next to Gen 2

I loved the Unova region,they gym leaders has personality and they contribute to the plot not just only there for me to beat,the story was the best story in the series,and I honestly liked the design of most of Gen 5 Pokemon(except Patrat,Trubbish and Woobat)

I spent over 100 hours on Black and White 2 and I'm still playing it,transfering my Pokemon from Soul Silver to it and training both my old and new Pokemon for X & Y when it comes out.

This section of the video game forum is for Pokemon fans,if you don't like Pokemon,why the hell would you post here???

Do you want to cause a hate war???

I don't intended to cause a hate war nor do I hate pokemon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw6McSbuIzI

Well, it's official. My preorder for Pokemon Y Version has been put in. I've decided that before I go headfirst into the next generation, I'd like to look back and reflect on the past generation, 5. The one that had Black/White/Black 2/White 2. So, without further ado, let's go!

I remember when I finally got my hands on White version. After 4th gen, my least favorite in the series, a new start with White was spectacular. 100+ new Pokemon, more of a storyline, awesome gym leaders and characters... While I didn't like White as much as I did the first three generations, I still loved it almost as much. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I decided to reset my game after I'd done most of the sidequests. Only later did I regret that...

Pokemon White Version 2 and Black Version 2 were both announced a year or so later. I was incredibly excited. A direct sequel to a main series Pokemon game was something that had never happened before (The GCN games aren't considered main series). When I learned that I could use my White version to get a few bonus features in the game, I regretted having reset my game. In fact, I still need to finish White to do the Memory Links. Back on topic, I got White 2 a few months after its release, just like with White. At first, I enjoyed White 2, but similarly to White, I didn't think it quite lived up to the first three generations. It's very likely that this is because it was overshadowed by other games I had gotten at the same time, such as The World Ends With You. However, upon getting close to the end, I'd changed my mind.

White 2 shot up to my second favorite Pokemon game. It took what White had done, and built upon this to make it even better. It added Pokemon from past generations, fixing the complaints about the "Only New Pokemon" rule in B/W. The story was expanded upon even more. Seeing the region I'd mastered two years after becoming the champion was similar to returning to Kanto in the Johto games. There were a ton of sidequests. There were a ton of new features, and I thoroughly enjoyed each one. White 2 is now right up there with the original Silver version when it comes to my favorite Pokemon games. I'd always thought that nothing could ever be nearly as good as the first three generations. This game had proven me wrong, and taught me to never doubt a new Pokemon game again.

Fast forward once again. Pokemon X and Y were announced worldwide. Similarly to with B/W and B2/W2, I was overjoyed at this. It's looking spectacular so far, and I'm even more excited now that my preorder is official. However, I still can't help but look back at Gen 5, and feel sad. It was a short lived generation. Heck, it didn't even get a console RPG, like Stadium, Colosseum, or Battle Revolution. It never got the Gen 3 remakes like everyone had anticipated. Still, it's my second favorite generation, and I absolutely love it. I'd say that it'll never change, but I'm never doubting a main series Pokemon game's ability to amaze me again. However, no matter what, Gen 5 will always remain as the gen that had changed my thoughts on the series as a whole. The first generation with a story that truly had me hooked in, made me feel emotional. It was a great experience to have, and will remain as one of my favorite gaming memories. Goodbye, Generation 5. You've definitely earned a fan in me.

Dude,you just summed up everything I wanted to say about Gen 5 ^_^

Thats garbage.(pun intended)

I don't intended to cause a hate war nor do I hate pokemon.

Then why did you made a rant in your post how all other gens suck????

If you love Digimon more,fine,I'm also a fan of Digimon but I stopped caring about it after the end of Digimon Tamers, especially since 90% of Digimon games are Japan exclusive for no reason.

Yeah,the recent episodes of the Pokemon anime were not that good,but the games still great.

If you don't like Gen 5 Pokemon,simply when you play BW 2 don't catch a single Gen 5 since Pokemon from other regions are available.

Also,I wanted to ask you...have you ever...EVER played a Pokemon game after Gen 3????

How can you judge everything after Gen 3 if you didn't play it???

This is like how the Sonic Fanbase judge that a Sonic game will suck before they even play it