Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Snow

1.5 ReMIX is undoubtedly the worst HD Collection ever

I would think it would be plenty simple for people to realize they can't expect much of a HD remaster. I knew I'd get this collection, not for HD, not for nostalgia, but because we get Final Mix and I get the joy of playing a challenging game that's fun no matter what. I have no interest in new generation/next generation games right now except for FFXV and KH3. The games today aren't really planned out as well as games like The Legend of Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. Some of them having amazing story and characters, but the gameplay elements are horrible enough at times to make me not wanna touch them. Then there's the Multiplayer...always finding away to make you rage. I wanna go back to games that I enjoyed and never raged at, never put down because they were boring during gameplay.That's why I'm getting the HD collection and it's why I got a new PS2 with KH2. I've been a happy camper since getting the PS2.

they didnt do a good job in terms of vocing for the remix they copy and pasted kh1 sora's voice for final mix and then for chain of memories its the same case. in the japanses version of 1.5 sora/s voice in final mix is the older sora. so i feel what your saying im still going to buy it but i do feel square did a little bit of a lazy job on it if you ask me its my opinion.

I'm really not sure was to why people are defending it so much since there's so much I see at fault with it, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.To begin, I think it's pretty lazy. The HD, sure, it does look pretty, but they could have done a much better job. I don't see too much difference, except the eyes and the blockiness. They did go the extra mile though, but not in terms of graphics. They redid the entire OST, which, I think sounds really terrible. There probably won't even be an option to revert to the original tracks. The music is a big issue since now that everything sounds different, the nostalgia value that it originally advertised is diminished. They could easily do it, though, since they're making this collection from the original PS2 versions, but I guess their limit on a 50GB disc is 17GB. And yes, that's actually the size of the game. Some people have suggested that I should just listen to the original tracks on YouTube or just mute the game. I shouldn't have to do that since I'm paying for nostalgia, you'd think I should get it.People say that it's great since we're finally getting it in HD, we're finally getting Final Mix, but you have to realize, they did this on purpose so they could cash in on this later. This collection was a great idea, but they've screwed it over with the lazy HD remastering and the unnecessary new tracks. If you emulate Final Mix on a somewhat good PC and increase the native quality, you'll essentially get better HD than what Square Enix is releasing. Now, why should an EMULATOR give better HD than the actual HD remaster itself? Something that isn't even completely compatible with the game?anywaysi'm done with my rantmake what you want of it

Dude, the only reason these HD collections are going to be worth getting are because they're for people like me, who haven't bought any of the Playstation console KH games, for people in Europe who havent gotten Re:COM and havent imported FM, and for people in the U.S. who never imported FM.

If they were the regular versions in this HD collection, then the sales would be shit in the U.S. and Europe. Don't expect too much of it.

I died on the inside when I read the title, and I died again after reading the rant. :. But hey, even if you don't like it, at least people that have never played the other games can witness the story on PS3. I respect your opinion, although I strongly didsagree with it.

Didn't Nomura make this HD collection to have people who are new to the series and other familiar players to prepare for Kingdom Hearts III?

Well all HD collections are meant for fans to introduce it to new people, and for others to have nostalgia. And few that prepares for a sequel.

To say it's the worst HD collection would not be an opinion, but be factually wrong.The FFX/X-2 and KH remasters have had the most effort put into them out of all of them. I don't see how anyone could objectively say it was lazily done.

To say that it would look better on an emulator is also nonsense, as the emulator can only upscale the low resolution textures from the PS2 game whereas the remaster uses higher resolution textures and updated character models from later entries in the series to begin with.If one preferred the original songs for nostalgia reasons, then fair enough. But I for one love that they went the extra mile to re-record everything in KH1 with an actual orchestra.

Edited by Tetsujin

rebuilding the game from scratch, completely orchestrating new music for it, creating and fully voice acting all of 358/2 scenes....

How is this "lazily done" again?

People just aren't fully realizing it. They have taken the blue pill.

Posted Image

They still have 2.5 left to make. Maybe we'll see it during TGS 2013 along with new KH3 info.

I seriously hope so. Along with an EARLY 2014 release this time. Though entertaining it may be, I don't really wanna be spending an entire year playing KH1 off and on.

rebuilding the game from scratch, completely orchestrating new music for it, creating and fully voice acting all of 358/2 scenes....

How is this "lazily done" again? 

Some people are just simply moronic. That's about all I can think of.

I agree it's pretty lazy,but if you've played other HD "remakes" you shouldn't expect much in the first place. Take Metal Gear's HD remake for example, there is literally almost nothing different in ANY of the games, just slightly more polished graphics. At least SE have us the Days cutscenes from SCRATCH. Few HD remakes even change a thing, so you should be happy it turned out the way it did AND it comes with a shiny limited edition artbook.

If while they make the 2.5 version, they better not do the same thing that 1.5 had trouble getting through (starting from scratch).

They did not start from scratch. They reverse-engineered from a retail disc.A remake from scratch that is an exact recreation of the PS2 games would've taken a full development cycle.I know there's an interview where they said "from scratch" but that must've been a misinterpretation or mistranslation as it's obvious this is a PS2 port, not a recreation from scratch (which would be an actual remake).

i havent been all that hyped for hd remix ever since i first heard about it. and then i calmed down.

after i calmed down, i noticed that the graphics were improved but only a little bit, and they were quite lazy on some parts. i think of kh hd 1.5 remix as something...mediocre. i probably wont be excited for a kh hd remake until 2.5 comes out since i'm so excited to play kh2 FM since i can fight all of those organization members.

they broke some promises like the nostalgia, the improved borders, and replacing the models of many characters, but as far as i see it, i've only seenthe replacement model of sora and ansem in KH FM. everyone else they only cleared a couple of details up. 

i don't think anyone on this site is really super hyped for this game but hey, i could be wrong.

does it really matter as long as we have FINAL mix we will be fine :)

and if you live in europe you will finally have re chain of memories they can experience it in HD For the first time

does it really matter as long as we have FINAL mix we will be fine :)

and if you live in europe you will finally have re chain of memories they can experience it in HD For the first time

You're like, an advertisement. So what, we're getting KHFM, you could get a copy of FM shipped to you for 20-30 bucks and apply a translated patch. Or if you're feeling extra naughty you could emulate a translated copy. This is just SE's new cashcow, they put lazy work into the actual HD itself, but covers it up with "YOU'RE FINALLY GETTING Final Mix! THAT'S GOOD, RIGHT?"Regardless, I might still get it and just listen to some different OST, but I'm still sorely disappointed. They could have done a lot better and still release it when they did.

Edited by Snow

It's all about your expectations, when you're saying Silent Hill is fine but Kingdom Hearts is the worst something is off, regardless your issues with it.

SE has indeed walked the extra mile in many cases here and if you don't notice it then they did their job right.

Edited by ShardofTruth

It's all about your expectations, when you're saying Silent Hill is fine but Kingdom Hearts is the worst something is off, regardless your issues with it.SE has indeed walked the extra mile in many cases here and if you don't notice it then they did their job right.

I know Silent Hill has a clusterfiretruck of issues, but that's not the point here. Tomm Hulett may have changed some text in the game that nobody ever really payed attention to, may have had to put out a day 1 update, may have had to recall all Xbox 360 copies, but at least he didn't screw with the actual nostalgia value. The collection is terrible, but I played through it just fine on PS3 with a single freeze. The HD wasn't as lazy either, but that doesn't really matter, I guess.

You're like, an advertisement. So what, we're getting KHFM, you could get a copy of FM shipped to you for 20-30 bucks and apply a translated patch. Or if you're feeling extra naughty you could emulate a translated copy. This is just SE's new cashcow, they put lazy work into the actual HD itself, but covers it up with "YOU'RE FINALLY GETTING Final Mix! THAT'S GOOD, RIGHT?"Regardless, I might still get it and just listen to some different OST, but I'm still sorely disappointed. They could have done a lot better and still release it when they did.

Your talking like that makes me feel like i said something and right now im playing the game i think its lovely so........

I agree with you...it is a very lazy collection for the most part

They could have alteast made the games run at 60 frames per second...that would have been something special and a selling point for this collection

They could have remade 358/2 days by using most of the KH2 Textures

They could have included some documentaries/behind the scenes of the first game with Nomura and co reminiscing shit about how they created Kingdom Hearts

They could have included dual soundtracks,dual audio(Japanese/English),Boss Mode(where you get to fight whatever boss you like upon completing the game),Rare Artwork,Prototype Screenshots(if possible) and you know things like that

Now that I would call a Solid HD Collection

Edited by DAMN