Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
gothamninja394

Batman Arkham Series- General Discussion

Hi guys, just want to ask some questions about those games.

-I've played The Amazing Spider Man and I really liked the gameplay, will I like Batman Arkham games gameplay too? since they usually say that they are mostly the same gameplay.

- Does the three games walk along with the comic of DC (original Batman story) or is just a new kind of story?- Do the games always have a Free Roam(Open World) gameplay? or is it just one way like God of War, DmC..etc? 

Edited by Master Keeper

Hi guys, just want to ask some questions about those games.

-I've played The Amazing Spider Man and I really liked the gameplay, will I like Batman Arkham games gameplay too? since they usually say that they are mostly the same gameplay.

- Does the three games walk along with the comic of DC (original Batman story) or is just a new kind of story?- Do the games always have a Free Roam(Open World) gameplay? or is it just one way like God of War, DmC..etc? 

-It would be a lot different than Spiderman.

-I dont know if they specifically run along certain comics but they are a lot closer to the comics than the movies.

-The gamplay is not linear, it is open with different areas to explore. AA is fairly large with alright exploration, and AC is bigger with way more exploration.

The Batman Arkham games are where The Amazing Spider-Man's gameplay comes from. Trust me, those games are EPIC! Greatest Batman games to ever exist! :D So worth every penny. And I believe its an original story line, the first one explores the origins of the criminals themselves as well as the asylum and the man it was named after, its not a game I recommend to anyone below the age of 17 as it tends to be very dark, and not as much room to explore while City has more cussing, its a bit graphic right to the point of almost being an M rated game and much more room for free roam. There's a reason the games got a game of the year edition. Not to mention they involve the voice talents of the Batman Animated Series voice actors Kevin Conroy (Batman obviously) and Mark Hamill (obviously known for his role as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars movies and reprising his role as the Joker). The games truly make the player feel like they truly are Batman. And City provides something interesting: Bruce Wayne kickin butt while cuffed and shackled :D

Edited by gothamninja394

I have played both The Amazing Spiderman and both Batman Arkham games and I think that Batman Arkham is a much better game. Even though the gameplay is a bit similar as you have heard but the combat and stealth looks and works better in Arkham games. Batman Arkham Asylum is not as open world like The Amazing Spiderman but it's not one way like games (GoW, DmC) either and as for Batman Arkham City, it is much MUCH more open and there are many things to do and explore. 

I am not sure about comics so can't say anything about it. 

So if you are wondering if you should get Arkham games then YES YES get them without a doubt. Arkham City especially is one my favourite games ever.  

Edited by AaySquare

I have played both The Amazing Spiderman and both Batman Arkham games and I think that Batman Arkham is a much better game. Even though the gameplay is a bit similar as you have heard but the combat and stealth looks and works better in Arkham games. Batman Arkham Asylum is not as open world like The Amazing Spiderman but it's not one way like games (GoW, DmC) either and as for Batman Arkham City, it is much MUCH more open and there are many things to do and explore. 

I am not sure about comics so can't say anything about it. 

So if you are wondering if you should get Arkham games then YES YES get them without a doubt. Arkham City is one my favorite games ever.  

The Batman Arkham games are where The Amazing Spider-Man's gameplay comes from. Trust me, those games are EPIC! Greatest Batman games to ever exist! :D So worth every penny. And I believe its an original story line, the first one explores the origins of the criminals themselves as well as the asylum and the man it was named after, its not a game I recommend to anyone below the age of 17 as it tends to be very dark, and not as much room to explore while City has more cussing, its a bit graphic right to the point of almost being an M rated game and much more room for free roam. There's a reason the games got a game of the year edition. Not to mention they involve the voice talents of the Batman Animated Series voice actors Kevin Conroy (Batman obviously) and Mark Hamill (obviously known for his role as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars movies and reprising his role as the Joker). The games truly make the player feel like they truly are Batman. And City provides something interesting: Bruce Wayne kickin butt while cuffed and shackled :D

-It would be a lot different than Spiderman.

-I dont know if they specifically run along certain comics but they are a lot closer to the comics than the movies.

-The gamplay is not linear, it is open with different areas to explore. AA is fairly large with alright exploration, and AC is bigger with way more exploration.

Thanks guys for your help, I guess I will buy the game soon and enjoy being Batman the same way as I enjoyed being Spiderman and I am hoping that Arkham origins is way cooler than the two previous games :) 

Thanks guys for your help, I guess I will buy the game soon and enjoy being Batman the same way as I enjoyed being Spiderman and I am hoping that Arkham origins is way cooler than the two previous games :)

The sad thing is that, far as I know, Mark wont be reprising his role of The Joker anymore, least not that I know of. And Kevin wont be the voice of Batrman in this one. It will be hard to compare with the awesome dished out by Asylum and City, not to mention that Rocksteady isnt making the game this time, but none the less I'm gonna try Origins too. The guy who currently does the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog and has always done the dubbed voice of Deidara of the Akatsuki from Naruto Shippuden will be Batman this time around, plus we get to see Black Mask when he practically owned Gotham, as well as giving us Deathstroke aka Slade, not to mention that this is where we find what turned Batman from a simple crimefighter into our Dark Knight. So it should be awesome! :D First however, I've gotta finish Asylum. I started with City first, and waited til this year to finally play Asylum and I must say I love them both :D Especially Kev and Mark as Batman and Joker again :D

Edited by gothamninja394

The sad thing is that, far as I know, Mark wont be reprising his role of The Joker anymore, least not that I know of. And Kevin wont be the voice of Batrman in this one. It will be hard to compare with the awesome dished out by Asylum and City, not to mention that Rocksteady isnt making the game this time, but none the less I'm gonna try Origins too. The guy who currently does the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog and has always done the dubbed voice of Deidara of the Akatsuki from Naruto Shippuden will be Batman this time around, plus we get to see Black Mask when he practically owned Gotham, as well as giving us Deathstroke aka Slade, not to mention that this is where we find what turned Batman from a simple crimefighter into our Dark Knight. So it should be awesome! :D First however, I've gotta finish Asylum. I started with City first, and waited til this year to finally play Asylum and I must say I love them both :D Especially Kev and Mark as Batman and Joker again :D

It is sad that those voice actors won't act as Batman and Joker, but let's hope that the new ones make a good job :) . I am so glad that they are returning old villains in these cool games :D . I never knew that we will know about how Bruce became the Dark Knight! that  is so cool :D , I wonder if we will meet the young Robin too? Also I've been hesitating about buying Asylum and City cuz before a year I went buying both Infamous games then suddenly a collection was announced. So I am afraid of having the same situation with Batman :( do you have any idea if we will have a collection soon or something?

Hi guys, How are you doing?I will buy the three Batman games soon and I got two questions to ask:- Should I play them in order of the story (Origins, Asylum, City) or the release ( Asylum, City, Origins)?- Will these three games ever get a collection so I could wait and save money for other things?

For the second question, they might someday. But nothing right now.

As for the first, I'd go with release order. If you started off with Origins, you'd be so used to the open-world setting that the small island of Arkham Asylum would pale in comparison. 

Edited by Kaweebo

For the second question, they might someday. But nothing right now.

As for the first, I'd go with release order. If you started off with Origins, you'd be so used to the open-world setting that the small island of Arkham Asylum would pale in comparison. 

Play them in release order (Asylum, City, Origins)

Nothing right now, just buy them separately 

I'd say do it on the order they came out. It would make more sense to you, gameplay wise. But for story wise, I'd say go with the order in Origins, Asylum, and City.

Definitely play them in order of release, not in order of the timeline. 

No collection is on the horizon. If one comes out it probably won't be for a while, so I'd get started on the series now if you're interested.

Thanks guys, I will buy them soon in the order of the release date :D

So...about that 'no collection on the horizon' comment I made. Turns out it's literally impossible for me to be more wrong:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/batman-arkham-collection-edition-announced

Edited by Columned-Munny

Yeah I'd go with order of releaseAlso Robin is only available on multiplayer and does not appear in the game :/

Oh I see :( let's look at the bright side, we still got an awesome stories and gameplay too :D

But I'm guessing we'll see Robin and finally Batgirl in the Arkham Origins sequel :)

Really!? Now that's a good sign for future story for both :DI am still sad about what happened to Batgirl's legs :(

Barbara Gordon appears in Arkham Origins but she's not batgirl yet