Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Varnish

Another Pikachu "clone"...

I apologise if this topic has already been brought up. If that is the case, then I have no problem with this being deleted.

I have noticed that one of the Generation VI Pokémon is what looks like another "Pikachu clone". In case any readers are not sure of what I am talking about, I am talking about the electric-type Pokémon that have appeared in every generation of the Pokémon series (regardless of whether or not they are dual-type) since the first that resemble Pikachu to some degree. They are not very hard to notice when it comes to how similar they are to Pikachu; Generation II had Pichu (though this was a pre-evolution, so it probably does not count), Generation III had Plusle and Minun, Generation IV had Pachirisu, Generation V had Emolga, and Generation VI has the Pokémon in question. It is named Dedenne, and while I have no problem with its general appearance (I find it to be very endearing), the small problem that I do have with it is this:

All of the other Pikachu "clones" have some degree of difference when it comes to what there designs are in comparison to the real Pikachu; Pichu looked to be more based on a small rabbit; Plusle and Minun also look more rabbit-based; Pachirisu is clearly a squirrel; Emolga is a flying squirrel, and Dedenne is clearly a mouse. The problem that I have with this is that; while looking more like a cat or a rabbit; Pikachu already has the title of "Electric Mouse", so the fact that a more realistic mouse that is an electric-type is being included in the series seems to be somewhat odd.

Does anyone else here think similarly to me?

Fool. There is more than one type of mouse in the real world. And a lot of those mice are very similar. So to have more than one type of electric mouse seems to make sense to me.

Edited by MasterXemnas

Fool. There is more than one type of mouse in the real world. And a lot of those mice are very similar. So to have more than one type of electric mouse seems to make sense to me.

I know that, and I encourage the fact that the Pokémon series seems to be reusing animals for their ideas, as this makes them seem more relatable to real-world animals and the variety that they have (e.g. Luxray and Pyroar are clearly both male lions), but the fact that a realistic electric mouse exists in the series makes it an odd comparison to what is the most iconic Pokémon there is.

Way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late for the party dude if you figured this out now

Every Generation since Gen 3 has one of those

Gen 3: Plulse and Minun

Gen 4: Pachirisu

Gen 5: Emolga

And now Gen 6:Deddene

.Also,I think it's a Hamster,at least that's what I see in it

Eh, it bugs me that they have the need to rehash out a Pikachu every gen, but hopefully Dedenne will have an evolution that'll set it apart from Raichu.

I doubt it. From gen 3 onward, they don't evolve. Not to mention their base stats are meh. (Besides speed)

I doubt it. From gen 3 onward, they don't evolve. Not to mention their base stats are meh. (Besides speed)

Yeah I know, I doubt it'll have an evolution but I'm hoping that if it does, it'll set it apart.

I know that, and I encourage the fact that the Pokémon series seems to be reusing animals for their ideas, as this makes them seem more relatable to real-world animals and the variety that they have (e.g. Luxray and Pyroar are clearly both male lions), but the fact that a realistic electric mouse exists in the series makes it an odd comparison to what is the most iconic Pokémon there is.

Luxray is a lynx and there is a female Pyroar

Luxray is a lynx and there is a female Pyroar

No, it is not. Lynxes do not have manes or long tails, and I never denied that there was a female form of Pyroar.

Way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late for the party dude if you figured this out now

Every Generation since Gen 3 has one of those

Gen 3: Plulse and Minun

Gen 4: Pachirisu

Gen 5: Emolga

And now Gen 6:Deddene

.Also,I think it's a Hamster,at least that's what I see in it

I did not figure that out "now", that is why I made note of all of the "clones" from the previous generations first. You repeated what I had already said. I would appreciate not being condescended to.

It does look like a hamster, but hamsters do not have long tails.

No, it is not. Lynxes do not have manes or long tails, and I never denied that there was a female form of Pyroar.

I did not figure that out "now", that is why I made note of all of the "clones" from the previous generations first. You repeated what I had already said. I would appreciate not being condescended to.

It does look like a hamster, but hamsters do not have long tails.

Well,it's Electric type so it's obvious it's gonna have a tail that can generate or hold electricity

This has...been...known...for a while...that's why you keep up the X and Y thread.

Please do not bother me. This thread was more-or-less out of action already before you wrote here.

I wonder if electric woulda been my favorite type in 2004 if Pachirissu and Emolga also exsisted lol

Umn sorry :[ I really like the cutesier pokemon......

Cuteness is awesome imo^^ Its one of my favorite things *EVER* about my riku plushie besides the fact its a plushie of RIKU ^_^