Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Taeyeon

TV Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider Thread

With Power Rangers 20th Anniversary being this year, I decided to make this thread to appreciate it's long running season, but not only that I also wanted to give credit to where the true source of Power Ranger came from. For those that don't know, Power Rangers was adapted from Japan super hero show called Super Sentai which is the counter-part for Power Rangers. Not only has Japan made Super Sentai, but another suited hero show is also famous in Japan called, Kamen Rider. While Power Rangers/Super Sentai feature heavily on spandex/big robots, Kamen Riders are a more oriented motorcycle motif with more armor on their suits as opposed to spandex from Sentai/Power Rangers, and both series have crosses over multiple times. Japan has already celebrated their 35th anniversary of Super Sentai and is currently on their 37th season as we speak, while Kamen Rider celebrated it's 10th Heisei Rider Series 3years ago.

Many may not know this, but Kamen Rider was adapted to America twice, Masked rider(1990s), and Kamen Rider Dragon Knigh(2009). Masked rider was once cross over with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers once, but since Kamen Rider hasn't been a huge success they stopped adapting it over here state side.

Super Sentai

Posted Image

Kamen Rider

Posted Image

Power Rangers

Posted Image

I've still got to watch the legend war movie, but man has Power Rangers come a long way. Its been through lots of changes, and quite a few of the great people who were part of it died : But all in all, its been awesome! :D And though once more, we're in another power rangers series that falls victim to the writers running out of ideas, its pretty good so far. And on top of that, for those of us who stick through to the end of its 20th series' second season, we get to see the red ranger Troy's dreams finally become a reality: A great legendary war bringing together all the power ranger teams to ever come into existence against the forces of evil. We get the original Green Ranger back, and he's still as awesome as ever! I myself enjoyed watching Kamen Rider and loved the Masked Rider/PR crossover. It was an impressive sight to see, the rangers and the Masked Rider teamed up against Draygon, and then of course, this was also the last time the power rangers got to use their thunderzords before Rito came to Earth and with the help of four monsters, blew them up. And I've loved the different Kamen Rider series of Japan as well as the Super Sentai series, watched many of them actually, mainly the ones adapted into the pr series' for 2007-2013: Boukenger (adapted into Operation Overdrive), Gekiranger (adapted into Jungle Fury), Go-Onger (adapted into RPM), Shinkenger (adapted into Samurai/Super Samurai), and finally Goseiger (adapted into Megaforce) and I was also able to catch the feature films of the movies for Gaoranger (adapted into Wild Force) and Magiranger (adapted into Mystic Force) and of course the Gekiranger versus Boukenger crossover, the Go-Onger versus Gekiranger crossover, the Shinkenger versus Go-Onger crossover, and the Goseiger versus Shinkenger crossover. And also, there was a crossover episode bringing the Shinkengers into the world of Kamen Rider Decade. Even crazier, it appears that last year a crossover movie was created, bringing all the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider super heroes together on the big screen.

Edited by gothamninja394

I've still got to watch the legend war movie, but man has Power Rangers come a long way. Its been through lots of changes, and quite a few of the great people who were part of it died : But all in all, its been awesome! :D And though once more, we're in another power rangers series that falls victim to the writers running out of ideas, its pretty good so far. And on top of that, for those of us who stick through to the end of its 20th series' second season, we get to see the red ranger Troy's dreams finally become a reality: A great legendary war bringing together all the power ranger teams to ever come into existence against the forces of evil. We get the original Green Ranger back, and he's still as awesome as ever! I myself enjoyed watching Kamen Rider and loved the Masked Rider/PR crossover. It was an impressive sight to see, the rangers and the Masked Rider teamed up against Draygon, and then of course, this was also the last time the power rangers got to use their thunderzords before Rito came to Earth and with the help of four monsters, blew them up. And I've loved the different Kamen Rider series of Japan as well as the Super Sentai series, watched many of them actually, mainly the ones adapted into the pr series' for 2007-2013: Boukenger (adapted into Operation Overdrive), Gekiranger (adapted into Jungle Fury), Go-Onger (adapted into RPM), Shinkenger (adapted into Samurai/Super Samurai), and finally Goseiger (adapted into Megaforce) and I was also able to catch the feature films of the movies for Gaoranger (adapted into Wild Force) and Magiranger (adapted into Mystic Force) and of course the Gekiranger versus Boukenger crossover, the Go-Onger versus Gekiranger crossover, the Shinkenger versus Go-Onger crossover, and the Goseiger versus Shinkenger crossover. And also, there was a crossover episode bringing the Shinkengers into the world of Kamen Rider Decade. Even crazier, it appears that last year a crossover movie was created, bringing all the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider super heroes together on the big screen.

Kamen Rider Decade....FINAL ATTACK. D-D-D-DECADE!!

Yea Super Sentai is pretty awesome my favorite being one of the more recent one Go-busters. With that said my current favorite Kamen Rider is either Decade, Ryuki or Wizard.

Kamen Rider Decade....FINAL ATTACK. D-D-D-DECADE!!

Yea Super Sentai is pretty awesome my favorite being one of the more recent one Go-busters. With that said my current favorite Kamen Rider is either Decade, Ryuki or Wizard.

The last Kamen Rider series I actually watched was W, which I couldnt help but enjoy. Awesome theme song and its too epic watching a genius and a detective join together to be the great Kamen Rider W :D