Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Executive producer Hashimoto talks KH3 & HD ReMIXes: "If everyone plays 1.5, then HD 2.5 ReMIX could happen"

IGN have posted an article containing an interview with Shinji Hashimoto, the executive producer of the Kingdom Hearts series. Hashimoto discusses Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, and hints towards a possible Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX! Comments from series composer Yoko Shimomura are also included. Here are the quotes from the interview, thanks to Luke Karmali from IGN.

Hashimoto: "It’s been 11 years since the original game was out and now we’ll have Kingdom Hearts III at some stage in the future. The people who played the original game, at the time they were probably around 12 or 13…but now they’re in their twenties."

Hashimoto: "While fans of Disney are usually quite young and Final Fantasy players are much older, they come together to create a Kingdom Hearts audience that’s very unique. The feelings people have towards the series are so deep these days because they spent many of their teenage years, which is a very sensitive period of your personal life, with Kingdom Hearts."

Hashimoto: "As the game was originally released more than ten years ago, it was quite difficult even to get all the data! Also, updating the screen size to look its best in the HD format was a challenge, as the ratio is completely different. That kind of detail was hard to do."

[Meeting Shimomura, I asked her whether or not she was tempted to rework aspects of the original soundtrack she perhaps wasn’t completely satisfied with. She quickly told me that this never entered her head. From the moment she revisited the tunes she knew they’d stood the test of time; they still had the ability to affect her.]

Shimomura: "I felt really nostalgic revisiting my old project, but at the same time I found lots of new things too, things that I’d forgotten doing. So it somehow felt strangely new, too. It was fun."

Shimomura: "Of course the basic music across the series is all the same in terms of themes and the like, although it does vary slightly depending on which Kingdom Hearts game it is. But I always want to bring something new to the games."

Hashimoto: "If everyone plays 1.5 HD ReMix, if everyone likes it and everyone supports us, then 2.5 HD ReMix could happen. So at this stage, we just have to encourage people to play 1.5 HD ReMix!"

[Though Kingdom Hearts III was confirmed at long last at E3 this year, Hashimoto reiterated this was more an attempt to reassure fans that the final instalment in Sora’s story is on the way, rather than suggest its arrival is imminent.]

[One thing Hashimoto point blank refuses to do is rush the game out the door. Picking up the thread of our earlier conversation, he argues that the franchise remains so important to people not just because they played through it during a formative stage of their lives, but also because Sora’s growth and development now mirrors their own. It’s this powerful feature of the series that Square Enix hopes to focus on in Kingdom Hearts III in order to provoke a reaction that is in equal parts nostalgic and reflective.]

Hashimoto: "The fact is that the main focus of the series is Sora and Riku; how their friendship develops, but also how they grow up. After so many years, the players’ personal growth is closely tied to the game’s story at this point, so that’s the most important thing about the series and what we want to put into the game. For Kingdom Hearts III, players will be able to resurrect the happy memories they have from being teenagers when playing Kingdom Hearts III. So it’s very contemplative, and will match the personal experiences of much of the audience very closely."

Hashimoto: "I can’t really say anything about the future beyond Kingdom Hearts III. I’m the producer, not the director, so it’s totally out of my hands. It’s up to Tetsuya Nomura whether or not we’ll see Sora in future Kingdom Hearts.

Hashimoto: "As I said earlier though, the Kingdom Hearts storyline is designed to mirror the player’s personal experiences. If people play HD 1.5 ReMix they remember what it’s like to be a teenager again, access those memories and experience some enjoyable nostalgia from their past. That theme is something we want to keep with future titles as well. About the characters, we can’t say anything…but that’s the theme we want to continue."

What do they mean, "more support"? The HD 1.5 Remix is already very popular as it is, so what is the point of leaving the idea of the 2.5 Remix alone for the time being?

I would like it if somebody could correct me if I am wrong, though...

Edited by Varnish

Amazon's preorder pages states they will include worlds from "Disney franchises" - this means they will probably include Star wars and marvel... :(

You know what KH needs?

A new director!

Nomura ruins KH just as Lasseter ruins Disney.

Please, let's get back to the roots and pretend DDD or Frozen never happened.

Classical Animation and KH was purely awesome until the companies' own chairmen kept telling us we need CG and timetravel just because it it cheap and convenient...

Good old Walt Disney would hate seeing his franchises turn i to money hungry incorporations!

But with Disney's new "young generations" policies they won't know who he was anyway since they cut his name from the WALT Disney pictures logo! Same happens with KH.

2014: more extensions for X Chi in Japan only

2015: maybe 2.5 ReMIX (II, recoded and bbs)

2016: 2.5 in America

2017: another remix (Nomura won't skip his fav game DDD and it's easy money as they will convince us of the importance to go through the whole series before III but they might include bbs v2)

2018: III in Japan

2019: III in Na as well as Final mix in japan only

Ergo:

NA gets f*ed again!

Basically they are not continuing on kH (except for chi) until ffxv is finished!

I feel really bullsh*ed by that KHIII trailer if they don't change their attitude towards kh!

It would be better to split the ff and kh teams because I'm sick of having to wait for ff to finish in order to get anything. Kh always comes short!!

HD 1.5 ReMIX will sell good and HD 2.5 ReMIX will arrive. I mean I think it's already selling great and considering the number of fans the series has, there is no doubt about it. But after reading this interview I'm predicting that they won't be announcing HD 2.5 at D23 Expo Japan, not anytime by the end of this year even I guess. :(

Edited by AaySquare

2014: more extensions for X Chi in Japan only2015: maybe 2.5 ReMIX (II, recoded and bbs)2016: 2.5 in America2017: another remix (Nomura won't skip his fav game DDD and it's easy money as they will convince us of the importance to go through the whole series before III but they might include bbs v2)2018: III in Japan2019: III in Na as well as Final mix in japan onlyErgo:NA gets f*ed again!Basically they are not continuing on kH (except for chi) until ffxv is finished!I feel really bullsh*ed by that KHIII trailer if they don't change their attitude towards kh!It would be better to split the ff and kh teams because I'm sick of having to wait for ff to finish in order to get anything. Kh always comes short!!

Sorry but, this is completely wrong. Nomura said on a interview he will release a KH game every year.

Amazon's preorder pages states they will include worlds from "Disney franchises" - this means they will probably include Star wars and marvel... :(You know what KH needs?A new director!Nomura ruins KH just as Lasseter ruins Disney.Please, let's get back to the roots and pretend DDD or Frozen never happened.Classical Animation and KH was purely awesome until the companies' own chairmen kept telling us we need CG and timetravel just because it it cheap and convenient...Good old Walt Disney would hate seeing his franchises turn i to money hungry incorporations!But with Disney's new "young generations" policies they won't know who he was anyway since they cut his name from the WALT Disney pictures logo! Same happens with KH.

I think a new director will ruin KH.

Amazon's preorder pages states they will include worlds from "Disney franchises" - this means they will probably include Star wars and marvel... :(You know what KH needs?A new director!Nomura ruins KH just as Lasseter ruins Disney.Please, let's get back to the roots and pretend DDD or Frozen never happened.Classical Animation and KH was purely awesome until the companies' own chairmen kept telling us we need CG and timetravel just because it it cheap and convenient...Good old Walt Disney would hate seeing his franchises turn i to money hungry incorporations!But with Disney's new "young generations" policies they won't know who he was anyway since they cut his name from the WALT Disney pictures logo! Same happens with KH.

Um, no. Nomura directs KH perfectly, a new director would ruin KH. Also, pretending DDD never happened is a BAD idea. It could cause A LOT of problems.

Edited by Tom13

Hashimoto: "If everyone plays 1.5 HD ReMix, if everyone likes it and everyone supports us, then 2.5 HD ReMix could happen. So at this stage, we just have to encourage people to play 1.5 HD ReMix!"

This is what he said about Chrono Trigger..."The sales from the DS Remake indicate that there's not many interest in Chrono Trigger" *facepalm*...maybe it's becuz fans already had the original game for the SNES

If we don't get 2.5 Remix firetruck Hashimoto

Edited by DAMN

Amazon's preorder pages states they will include worlds from "Disney franchises" - this means they will probably include Star wars and marvel... :(You know what KH needs? A new director! Nomura ruins KH just as Lasseter ruins Disney.Please, let's get back to the roots and pretend DDD or Frozen never happened.Classical Animation and KH was purely awesome until the companies' own chairmen kept telling us we need CG and timetravel just because it it cheap and convenient...Good old Walt Disney would hate seeing his franchises turn i to money hungry incorporations!But with Disney's new "young generations" policies they won't know who he was anyway since they cut his name from the WALT Disney pictures logo! Same happens with KH.

Nomura made the dang series. No one could technically make it better than the original.

If it's anyone who ruined Disney it's Bob Iger

Especially Disney Channel

John Lasseter made Toy Story(which was much better than all of the overrated '90s Disney Animated Films)...that's good enough for me

Not like the dude is responsible for 2D Animated Films not being produced anymore

2014: more extensions for X Chi in Japan only2015: maybe 2.5 ReMIX (II, recoded and bbs)2016: 2.5 in America2017: another remix (Nomura won't skip his fav game DDD and it's easy money as they will convince us of the importance to go through the whole series before III but they might include bbs v2)2018: III in Japan2019: III in Na as well as Final mix in japan onlyErgo:NA gets f*ed again!Basically they are not continuing on kH (except for chi) until ffxv is finished!I feel really bullsh*ed by that KHIII trailer if they don't change their attitude towards kh!It would be better to split the ff and kh teams because I'm sick of having to wait for ff to finish in order to get anything. Kh always comes short!!

they do have two team one making final fantasy xv and the other kh3

Australia and Europe get firetrucked more. We didn't get Re:CoM on the PS2, and we didn't get the BBS PSP bundle. 

A new director!Nomura ruins KH just as Lasseter ruins Disney.Please, let's get back to the roots and pretend DDD or Frozen never happened.Classical Animation and KH was purely awesome until the companies' own chairmen kept telling us we need CG and timetravel just because it it cheap and convenient...Good old Walt Disney would hate seeing his franchises turn i to money hungry incorporations!But with Disney's new "young generations" policies they won't know who he was anyway since they cut his name from the WALT Disney pictures logo! Same happens with KH.

If you think John Lasseter ruined Disney then you really don't have a clue. Cars 2 aside, the man is a genius and a seriously awesome guy and he's slowly bringing Disney back to their roots after the disaster of films like Home on the Range, Chicken Little and Brother Bear, etc. Recent films like Tangled, Winnie the Pooh and Wreck-it Ralph have all been excellent. He's very passionate about his work and has been at Disney for a very long time so he knows what he is doing.

Nomura isn't ruining KH and even if he was to step aside and allow a new person to direct I'm sure he'd be still there helping out and keeping an eye on things.

What is wrong with you???? Are you trolling??? Cause saying kingdom hearts needs a new director is like saying John Lasseter should stop making disney movies...... Johnny wait you did say that get off this site man you know nothing!!!!!!!

Amazon's preorder pages states they will include worlds from "Disney franchises" - this means they will probably include Star wars and marvel... :(

You know what KH needs?

A new director!

Nomura ruins KH just as Lasseter ruins Disney.

Please, let's get back to the roots and pretend DDD or Frozen never happened.

Classical Animation and KH was purely awesome until the companies' own chairmen kept telling us we need CG and timetravel just because it it cheap and convenient...

Good old Walt Disney would hate seeing his franchises turn i to money hungry incorporations!

But with Disney's new "young generations" policies they won't know who he was anyway since they cut his name from the WALT Disney pictures logo! Same happens with KH.

Someone's got a stick up their bum.

While I do agree with you somewhat on the KH end, don't blame Lasseter for anything. Don't act like the guy they put in front of the camera is the one guy who can pull the strings. Don't bring Walt into this, you don't know him or who he was as a person. Don't bring 2D animation into this, Disney can make good CG films (Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph).

Also, Frozen hasn't even been released, so don't go judging it. You're like the idiots raving over how bad the decision of casting Ben Affleck as Batman was.

What they really means to say is, "We did it already, but you have to buy HD 1.5 first, we don't want to have a HD 2.5 announcement effect sales of HD 1.5"

Edited by AaySquare

Which suggests that they haven't actually started working on 2.5, because they're waiting to see sales and reactions to 1.5... 

Dammit.

I'm guessing they just said that because they're not allowed to actually say "yeah, KH 2.5 is in the works" because they're saving it for an announcement. 

I HOPE, at least...

The HD 1.5 ReMIX credits suggest otherwise.

Its prolly more of a proof of concept, it's not exactly a promise, more of the intention. It's not unlike the BBS Vol II secret movie. it's been 2 years and no word. It seemed to be more of a abstract concept, like the Deep Dive or original BBS secret videos. Just concepts. Infact as I understand it, Kingdom Hearts and it's Final Mix at one point nearly became all there was to Kingdom Hearts. If you look at the original, original version theres almost nothing to insinuate a sequel aside from some dangling threads.

Amazon's preorder pages states they will include worlds from "Disney franchises" - this means they will probably include Star wars and marvel... :(You know what KH needs? A new director! Nomura ruins KH just as Lasseter ruins Disney.Please, let's get back to the roots and pretend DDD or Frozen never happened.Classical Animation and KH was purely awesome until the companies' own chairmen kept telling us we need CG and timetravel just because it it cheap and convenient...Good old Walt Disney would hate seeing his franchises turn i to money hungry incorporations!But with Disney's new "young generations" policies they won't know who he was anyway since they cut his name from the WALT Disney pictures logo! Same happens with KH.

DDD was one of the best games in the series