Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
RoxSox

Features of the KH games that you never use.

The Kingdom Hearts games have had a lot of features in their gameplay. Ranging between the fancy things you can do to basic stuff...

but what are some of those things that you just straight up never made use of?

For instance...

The only summon I make use of in the first Kingdom Hearts is Tinker Bell. I can go the whole game without ever summoning a single summon.

The entire Ice Cream aspect in Birth by Sleep went completely unnoticed by me.

I did what I had to do to beat the game in both Days and Coded. I literally did nothing more then I had to to win. Meaning the perks of system sectors and missions and the like were lost to me entirely. I have since gone back and done random missions in Days when I was bored.

I didn't make full use of the Dream Eaters in DDD. I made the ones I needed to to get good abilities and left it at that.

Another thing... I don't think I've ever used a single item outside of the regular Potion/Hi-Potion/Ether/Elixir variety. I.E. the Panacea's and Drop-Me-Nots and all their ilk... just never used them.

So what are some of your unused features?

I always aim to take full advantage of the games features as much as possible. But I do sometimes overlook stuff like in Birth by Sleep, I really didn't pay any attention to the whole Ice Cream thing during my first play through. Not that is was essential for completing the game or anything.

In KHII I practically never use any items at all, the whole game.

In both KHI and KHII I never really use summons.

Generally after I have better spells (Cure, Gravity, Aero) I never really use elemental magic.

Oh well I never used summons (neither in KHI nor in KHII) or let's say I used them 1 or 2 times in all the time I spend playing these two games. 

I never used a single panacea since starting with KH xD And I rarely use ethers.

And I never made my own gummi ships or edited one (okay ONE time I did lol).

And well, I didn't pay much attention to any side stuff in Days. Only thing I did was doing some holo missions (or was it challenges?) to unlock the casual gear for the member's joke weapons lol

What the firetruck, am I the only one who completed all ice cream recipes of all three characters?! xD

Most people don't block, but I've started blocking after Days, (It's such a lifesaver in it) so I'll just put KH2 summons in there. They are all SO useless, that It's not even funny. At least you could use Tinkerbell in kh1...

The game board in BBS' mirage arena it was just like...what? reminded me too much of Mario Party (good games, good games) and just seemed off.

Multi-player in Days

KH1 gummi ship I had no idea what the heck I was doing and Cid wouldn't help and damn that thong needs a really good manual.

KHII - Fire spell. Seemed so useless to me. Still does. Unless you're facing Vexen in Final Mix then Fire + Final Form = Sora God among man.

I generally tend to not use summons in any of the KH games.  I only touch them in KH2 to level them up near the end, and I do tend to use D-links (Sorta summons) in BBS, but it's usually only to upgrade them and not much else.

I do go around and collect the ingredients for Ice-cream in BBS (I generally try to get them the first time I'm in the world because I think they are guaranteed to show up then), but I never actually use the Ice Cream it makes.  The only time I ever use them is when I'm trying to get the special command style (Frozen..something or another.  There's a random chance you'll enter it when you use an ice-cream after beating one of the Ice cream shooters)

I tend not to customize Gummi ships in KH2 since they have premade ones you can use to just beat standard missions.  I also generally don't do any of the extra gummi missions in KH2 because there's just too many of them.  It's interesting that they tried to make something out of it, but it was a bit overkill, especially with that final 'boss' x-x

I've also had a tendency to avoid using magic attacks in KH 1 & 2 for some reason, but I've been breaking out of it.  KH 2 doesn't give you much reason to use some of the attacks though as there aren't any enemies that are particularly weak to certain magic (Aside from like..2 heartless types, the Fire/Blizzard Lords, and I think Demyx is weak to fire? Can't remember).  Magic in KH1 seems to have practical uses:  Fire for single targets, Blizzard for a large group of enemies in front of you, Thunder if you're surrounded or there's a large chunk of enemies, and then the special magics still had usefulness too.  In KH2, fire's small area affect can be ok if you're surrounded, but I personally enjoy the KH1 set up more.

• Summons (other than Tinkerbell and Genie, though only used Genie in the Underdrome)
  • Wisdom form. Only necessary for quick run (which I do use) and the Demyx Data Battle, as well as a few Mushroom XIII
  • Ice Cream b/c I don't need it (might use it as Aqua to easily beat Vanitas Remnant, someday)
  • Paradox cups because F that noise
  • Item commands (just in BBS and Re: coded)