Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Cucco

lets count down our favorite kingdom hearts games

8.Dream Drop distance(story is terrible, characters made me want to die)

7.re:coded(story was pretty unimportant, but the gameplay somewhat made up for that)

6.com(firetrucking brutal)

5.re:com(much,much better than com, but its generally just the same game in 3d)

4.birth by sleep(good story, but too short)

3.358/2(good story, extremely fun gameplay and multiple characters)

2.kingdom hearts final mix(fantastic game, synthesizing was a bitch and revisiting worlds got repetetive)

1.kingdom hearts II(fantastic story with crazy-ass gameplay and the best worlds)

you make a list

2 lazy to write the reasons, so I will just put my top.

1) Kingdom Hearts 2 
2) Kingodm Hearts Birth by Sleep
3) Kingdom Hearts
4) Kingdom Hearts 3D
5) Kingdom Hearts Re:COM
6) Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
7)  Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Edited by Sakuraba Neku

6. coded. The only game of the series I don't defend when people call it out as being unimportant.

5. Dream Drop Distance. I do like the game, I think the story is fine. But it's just not as memorable as the other games of the series.

4. Chain of Memories. I love the story in COM. The gameplay sucks though so it's still low on the list.

3. Days. The story is again fantastic, and while the gameplay isn't as bad as COM it isn't as good.

2. Kingdom Hearts II/Birth by Sleep. These are tied. I can't choose a favorite between them.

1. Kingdom Hearts I. The start of it all. Without this game, there wouldn't be a list at all, and so, it's number one.

1) Kingdom Hearts II - Animation is great, Music is great, Gameplay is great, playability HIGH... It's just... Buy this game.... BUT THERE'S NO DOSGE ROLL WTF!!

2) Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance - The new flow motion gameplay was great. Dream Eaters were ok I felt obligated to keep checking up on them... And for the first time, you get to feel badass playing as Riku.

3) Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep - Command Deck was a nice addition and being able to play as 3 characters was nice

4) Kingdom Hearts - The Original, Nuff' Said

5) Kingdom Hearts Re coded - Basically Days and BBS combined together

6) Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Gameplay is Meh, but story is great

7) Kingdom Hearts Re Chain of Memories - same as CoM only revised gameplay(?) and 3d Graphix

8) Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories - Sprite animation is great!

9) Kingdom Hearts X [chi] - Not much to say....

• Birth by Sleep (though KH2FM would be first if we include those so everything else would just be bumped down once)
  • KH2
  • Dream drop distance
  • KH1
  • Re:COM
  • Coded (though I haven't played this...)
  • Days (...but I know I really don't like Days)

• Kingdom Hearts 1 More compelling than the other titles and has a classic adventure feel like a classic rpg from the good old days of gaming.
  • Kingdom hearts 2 The fighting was awesome and its the game i replay the most since it has this real sense of replaybility It felt to linear if you ask me though.
  • Kingdom hearts 358/2 days I loved the battle system but the drab and dragging story devices let it down, i think they could have gone for less repetitie filler scenes.
  • Chain of memories and birth by sleep both were innovative, but i wish there was more to them.
  • Re coded. I cant find much to say besides the gameplay was damn fine.

7-Birth by Sleep(Sorry,but it becomes boring as shit after you finish a character only to do the same things with others in most of the worlds) probably my least favorite in the series and the most overrated one 

6-Chain of Memories

5-Recoded

4-3582 Days

3-Dream Drop Distance(one of my favorite 3DS games)

2-Kingdom Hearts 1 (simply awesome)

1-Kingdom Hearts 2 (My favorite video game of all time)

Also,I'll count how many fanboys will kill me over my dislike for the sacred Birth by Sleep

For simplicity's sake I'm going to only put one version of each game. 

7) re:Coded

-Never played it, so it can hardly be my favorite. However, having watched the cutscenes I get the impression that this was essentially a filler game.

6) re: Chain of Memories.

-The repetitive nature of the gameplay can be a grind.

+In my opinion the card system actually works pretty well.

5) Dream Drop Distance

-Time travel. Wtf, Nomura.

+It's more Riku's tale than Sora's, and actually shows how his character has grown throughout the series.

4) 358/2 Days

-Eh controls/camera, a bit too much ice cream consumption.

+Adds background to each Organization member, I sincerely enjoyed the gameplay despite the DS's limitations.

3) Kingdom Hearts II

-The refinements to combat make things a bit too easy. Oh, and virtually every character says "Sora, Donald, Goofy!" at some point. 

+Expanded everything in the KH universe, lived up to my fan expectations.

2) Birth By Sleep

- Playing the same worlds three times in a row can get old.

+ Loved the combat system and story. It felt like KH got a bit darker/more serious for the older fans' benefit, while simultaneously giving a bevy of new worlds.

1) Kingdom Hearts

- The original camera was rough. The 100 Acre Woods is a drag. 

+ Honestly I can't NOT have this game at the top of the list; my rose-tinted glasses are pretty thick. 

7. Re:coded - Never played it, but from what I have seen of it, I don't really like it.

6. CoM - Don't really like the card system, but the story was ok.

5. Days - Great story, but I hated the battle system

4. DDD - Loved the battle system and the flowmotion. Also liked the dream eaters, the designs were a little bit childish, but they were cute :3

3. BBS - Really liked the more serious/darker story.

2. KH1 - Because it was awesome.

1. KH2 - JUST AWESOME.

7. (Re)Chain of Memories- I love all the KH games, but this one was honestly my least favorite. It was still an excellent game, and as much as I love the card system, it's something I would've been fine with had it not been used, and I honestly don't want to see it return.

6. Re:Coded- I feel like one of the few people who liked this one. The gameplay was really fun, and there was some good dialogue, but the story was lacking in comparison to the rest.

5. Birth by Sleep- This one was probably the second best in terms of gameplay, but it got repetitive, and command boards sucked. Other than that, it was really fun.

4. Kingdom Hearts 2- The gameplay and story were both fantastic, but it was way too easy, and used Reaction Commands too much. It felt a little more button mashy than the others, too.

3. Dream Drop Distance- This is my favorite gameplay-wise. Flowmotion was really fun, the Dream Eater concept was amazing (It helps that I'm a major Pokemon fan, so raising team members like that is fun to me), and the gameplay was overall a thrill. The story was great too.

2. 358/2 Days- While the gameplay was repetitive, this one had my favorite story in the entire series. I loved watching Roxas, Axel, and Xion's life in the Organization, and the ending is one of the most emotional moments I've seen in a game.

1. Kingdom Hearts 1- The first game in the series. I got it a few months after the initial release, and it remained my favorite game for 10 years. It had an excellent balance of story and gameplay, and I really can't complain too much about this one. It's probably one of the most influential fictional forms of media I've ever had the joy of experiencing.

1. KH1

The gameplay is awesome. This is how magic should be loaded.

2. DDD

Flowmotion and diving worlds were great! Many emotional scenes and also great music!

3. KH2

Just of the story is much greater then the rest below.

4. BBS

The gameplay and music were very great.

5. Days

The story was one of the best but the gameplay was not that evolved yet.

6. Re:CoM

I didn't like the card system that much but it was still fun.

7. Re:Coded

The story was a waste of time but it was game that you needed to play as a fan.

At least the gameplay was nice.

7. Days (That game is just all around horrible. Boring gameplay. Stupid as hell story.)

6. Chain of Memories (it's good. Just not as good as others)

5. Kingdom Hearts (It was great. there have just been a lot of improvments since then)

4. Coded (I don't care if it had no story. It was really fun)

3. Dream Drop Distance (IT WAS SO DAMN FUN!)

2. Birth By Sleep (Great fun. Great story. Just.. MMMMM)

1. Kingdom Hearts 2. (Just...I love it.)

7-Birth by Sleep(Sorry,but it becomes boring as shit after you finish a character only to do the same things with others in most of the worlds) probably my least favorite in the series and the most overrated one 

6-Chain of Memories

5-Recoded

4-3582 Days

3-Dream Drop Distance(one of my favorite 3DS games)

2-Kingdom Hearts 1 (simply awesome)

1-Kingdom Hearts 2 (My favorite video game of all time)

Also,I'll count how many fanboys will kill me over my dislike for the sacred Birth by Sleep

Do you think people would be more mad about your dislike for BBS or my dislike for Days. :P

Edited by Megaman X

7. Days (That game is just all around horrible. Boring gameplay. Stupid as hell story.)

6. Chain of Memories (it's good. Just not as good as others)

5. Kingdom Hearts (It was great. there have just been a lot of improvments since then)

4. Coded (I don't care if it had no story. It was really fun)

3. Dream Drop Distance (IT WAS SO DAMN FUN!)

2. Birth By Sleep (Great fun. Great story. Just.. MMMMM)

1. Kingdom Hearts 2. (Just...I love it.)

Do you think people would be more mad about your dislike for BBS or my dislike for Days. :P

They'll be mad at my Dislike for Birth by Sleep

They regard it as the sacred entry in the series and that I'm obligated for some reason to love Terra,Aqua and Ven ....which I only like Terra out of the three

Ven is by far the most unnesscary main character in the series

And Aqua....while I kinda liked her...but sometimes she follow all orders like a dumbass

As for the entire game I already stated the 8 things that pisses me off about Birth by Sleep

Also,Birth by Sleep is the only game in the series that when go back to I always say:Was all of this really nessecary 

Edited by Metal Snake

They'll be mad at my Dislike for Birth by Sleep

They regard it as the sacred entry in the series and that I'm obligated for some reason to love Terra,Aqua and Ven ....which I only like Terra out of the three

Ven is by far the most unnesscary main character in the series

And Aqua....while I kinda liked her...but sometimes she follow all orders like a dumbass

As for the entire game I already stated the 8 things that pisses me off about Birth by Sleep

Also,Birth by Sleep is the only game in the series that when go back to I always say:Was all of this really nessecary 

To each their own. I love BBS a lot. I know a lot of people think days is the best though. hahaha