Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aang

What first introduced You to "Kingdom Hearts"

How did I knew kingdom hearts? Also written in my profile BTW
Kingdom Hearts is my first Action-Role Playing Game, I knew it because of our school's cosplay party, in that party my role is Sora and my two other classmates where Riku and Kairi.  That's how I found kingdom hearts and now I am currently playing it I want to play all KH versions , I am currently using an emulator to play Kingdom Hearts, and other KH games

It all started with a music video of Linkin Park's Numb, but it was a piano version as various cutscenes of KH were used. Then I saw Kairi, and it just snowballed from there.

I still remember when I first saw KH1 Kairi in that music video. I felt my heart skipping a beat as her cute and beautiful face flashed on the screen, her beautiful blue eyes almost staring into my soul and awakening a once thought long dead emotion in my cold, shattered, broken and dusty heart as I found myself thinking about her quite often. I felt... happy, genuinely happy seeing her. 

Then I remembered the flashbacks to a commercial long ago where I saw the same girl, and it felt as if I was seeing an old flame as the memories came crashing back to me. I remembered crying for no reason, the song Simple and Clean playing in my head from the commercial long ago as I began wondering who this girl was that has evoked such a powerful emotion and breathed life back into my neglected heart. Then I remembered my cousin playing this game when I was younger, and seeing her on destiny islands talking to Sora on the pier. 

I soon found out her name and what videogame she existed in, and promptly got the game so I could see her again, know her universe and hear her voice. (the fact she's voiced by hayden panettiere was the best thing to have ever happened xD) I was hooked on the storyline and concept, and soon realized that I had missed a good chunk of memory that should have been part of my childhood. Up until this very day, I still regret not playing KH when I was younger.

All in all, I think it was my love for Kairi that I in turn fell in love with the game. It still saddens me that she's being neglected by the KH team though, something that I hope will change by the time KH3 comes around.

it was my birthday on that fateful day on 2009...and i came across a game that had a picture on mickey on it. It looked unattractive at first but the box art looked amazing since that one hot blonde boy looked badarse as firetrucks. My sister bought that game for me for my birthday. And i was never seen outside of the world of kingdom hearts again. 

BTW that first game was kh 358/2 days. i had never seen a previous ad before. but after i bought it i saw ad after ad...

Ah yes...I remember back in the day, my mom's friend had the KHI, and I thought it looked awesome. Though I kinda forgot about it, and I never really had it brought up to me ever again through anything, for I was never really around video games as much as I was(Don't believe me? Lemme put it this way...I grew up in a rural part of a rural state. Yeah...). Then I saw it...the KH358/2 Days ad! I was amazed by the fact that they had this game, and I instantly remember KHI. My mom said I wouldn't like the franchise because it had Disney in it, and that I didn't like Disney. I basically said, "I don't care. Get me it!" One month later, bam, in my hands, I played it. Then I moved to a bigger city, and really got hooked into video games! I got KHI and II with my PS2, got the BBS+PSP collection(Which I still own, actually!), got CoM, Coded, and 3D. To this day, I love KH, and I will keep on loving it from now on for getting me into other JRPG's!

How did I knew kingdom hearts? Also written in my profile BTW

Kingdom Hearts is my first Action-Role Playing Game, I knew it because of our school's cosplay party, in that party my role is Sora and my two other classmates where Riku and Kairi. That's how I found kingdom hearts and now I am currently playing it I want to play all KH versions , I am currently using an ps2 emulator to play Kingdom Hearts, and other KH games

BTW,I was 13 by then

I saw a commercial for KH2 back in the day.  All I really remember clearly is that I thought the music in the commercial was epic, so I ended up selling my power ranger toys I had at the time to buy KH2.  Was not an easy decision, but well worth it.

Edited by Xetorph

As for me i uh.. erm..I found out about kingdom hearts when my brother was playin ps2 nonstop at the tv when i was like 5 i said to myself WHAT IS SO FUN WITH IT?!?@#! A few years later when i was 12 ..ehem.. i got realy bored and nothin to do so i decided to play kingdom hearts since thats the only option available just when i thought it was awesome because of disney crossover etc,I was wrong it was AWSOME <-IDK HOW?!@!#

and then thats how i got into kingdom hearts n stuff ,Nya! :3

I was 9 or 11 years old and it was almost closing towards Christmas, and I always pick of what I wan't until then, but at that time I didn't have a clue. Until one day, my mother showed me a magazine showing all the games, all the games look cool but kh catched my eye the most. I don't know what it was, but the cover art, how sora was looking into the sky, how everyone was standing on the statues seem alluring. I told me mom that I wanted it, then I took the magazine and start looking at it some more. I have no idea what's it about, but I knew it was something I would enjoy. After I got kh, that's the first thing I popped in my ps2 and all the other games was still under the tree. I felt it was magical experience overall and if I had to choose to enjoy that Christmas all over again I would.  

I was 9 or 11 years old and it was almost closing towards Christmas, and I always pick of what I wan't until then, but at that time I didn't have a clue. Until one day, my mother showed me a magazine showing all the games, all the games look cool but kh catched my eye the most. I don't know what it was, but the cover art, how sora was looking into the sky, how everyone was standing on the statues seem alluring. I told me mom that I wanted it, then I took the magazine and start looking at it some more. I have no idea what's it about, but I knew it was something I would enjoy. After I got kh, that's the first thing I popped in my ps2 and all the other games was still under the tree. I felt it was magical experience overall and if I had to choose to enjoy that Christmas all over again I would.  

Very intresting   story!

I was about 6-7, and went over to my cousin's house. They had just picked it up themselves and were really starting to like it. I'd watched them play Final Fantasy before, but I didn't really care for it. This caught my interest, though, because Disney. I don't think I played it on that visit, maybe I did. But eventually I started playing at their house. I normally got as far as Deep Jungle and then kept getting killed by Clayton. (I didn't know how to equip abilities, items, etc.) 

I actually never owned Kingdom Hearts up until about 2011-2012 when I bought 358 on a DS. I just played at their house until circumstances disallowed me to do that anymore. 

like a few others i actually got introduced to it twice (i.e. first introduction didn't lead to anything).

first time was on a game trailers DVD that came with another game my dad gave me, obviously i wanted to play KH after watching the trailer but my father was oblivious to its availability thusly my introduction to the series stopped with that for awhile. UNTIL KHII was released in NA and my friend happend to have a import copy and he told me about it. i was like 11 the first time and 14 the 2nd time. only 5 years later did i actually get KH1 on a Queen's day marketplace.

I saw a commercial back in 2002 for kh1 and I Had to have it immediately. That Christmas I asked for a ps2 so I could play it. I've also bought a 3ds PSP ps3 just so I can play any kh game that comes out

I think it was in one of the old gamer magazines that the school library used to get, waaaaaaaay back in 2002, and the thing that caught my eye was actually the Disney villains all working together. I've always loved the villains, and so that's what sort of got me thinking. I didn't actually wind up playing the game until much later, however.