Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Tetsuya Nomura comments on gaming and Kingdom Hearts

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has included an interview with 55 game creators. Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series, was one of these creators, and he has shared his thoughts on gaming and Kingdom Hearts in 5 interview questions.

SQEX.INFO have translated this portion of the interview, and thanks to them, this can be read below.

Q1. What titles have left an impression on you, outside of your own works?

Nomura: Titanfall.

Q2. What about it left an impression?

Nomura: The high presence, realistic battles utilizing extraordinary, giant robots.

Q3. Do you have a message regarding memories of your works and plans for upcoming titles?

Nomura: Mainly that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix came out this year, and I tried participating proactively in an overseas event, but I was even more pleased to experience the fan’s excitement for myself. Here as well at D23 Expo Japan, I got to stand in front of fans again after such a long absence, and was happy that the fan’s fervor wasn’t outdone by the overseas experience. We are still preparing to release Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix next year, but we’ll continue working our hardest on Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 as well.

Q4. Besides games, what are you most interested in next year and why?

Nomura: Obviously, I think there will be a trend towards new hardware systems. You can’t predict what players will think until they’ve used the new systems, so once we know, I expect that the player’s opinions will partly influence the titles currently being developed.

Q5. What are your thoughts on the 2013 gaming market and prospects regarding the future?

Nomura: I think that the current gen will push the social market trend for another year and next year onward the future of the consumer market will be decided by the next generation hardware. I have a multifunctional hybrid market in mind, something that interacts with other devices, etc.

not much but news is news :D i like to hear what nomura's thinking about just so i can try and figure out what he's going to do but it never works :P he gets me every time with some plot twist -.-

We all know that Nomura and his team don't want anything to do with the Wii U right now. If it was selling as much as the original Wii then they will be more willing to actually make a port to the Wii U and this is coming from a Nintendo Fan.  

The original Wii was selling but Nomura did nothing for itI heard a rumor that 3582 Days was supposed to be a Wii game but it was shifted to the DS insteadIf it was salewise,Birth by Sleep would've never came to the PSP and instead became a Wii gameBut Nomura works differently and I don't think he base his work on salesAlso,for a Nintendo fan I didn't see you talking about it in the video game forum

Also,we still at the beginning of next genthings can change and for all we know the Wii U sales might increase significantlyI'm not saying that I pretend to see the future but I was just saying that anything can happen

The original Wii was selling but Nomura did nothing for it I heard a rumor that 3582 Days was supposed to be a Wii game but it was shifted to the DS instead If it was salewise,Birth by Sleep would've never came to the PSP and instead became a Wii game But Nomura works differently and I don't think he base his work on sales Also,for a Nintendo fan I didn't see you talking about it in the video game forumAlso,we still at the beginning of next gen things can change and for all we know the Wii U sales might increase significantly I'm not saying that I pretend to see the future but I was just saying that anything can happen

Birth by Sleep was going to be a PS2 game mate.

Birth by Sleep was going to be a PS2 game mate.

I know that already for 5 years now

But I was just saying an example that if Nomura was driven by sales,BBS would've been on something like DS and Wii instead of the PSP

Edited by Metal Snake

The PS2 was the most successful console of the sixth gen,Square Enix know that Sony was going to have a large install base I mean The PS1 won the 5th gen of consoles. So they made Kingdom Hearts for the PS2, Have you noticed that the DS had such a large install base, then later on they made 2 kingdom hearts games for the DS and one for the PSP( 358/2 days, Re:coded, Birth By Sleep). Nintendo are the king of handhelds.So Square-Enix know that they will get the most consumer base on the Console and handheld that  are selling the best . Still not convinced? How come Square-Enix indirectly claimed that Wii U can't support a game like Kingdom Hearts 3 ( a game that was suppose to come out on the PS3) because it does not have Direct ex 11. Even though it has been proven that neither does the PS4 lol. The Wii U has tech equivalent to Direct Ex 11 and that only the Xbox one has Direct Ex 11. Why would Square-Enix lie about the Wii U? Because it is not selling good that's why. Think about it Square-Enix has a larger install base on a Nintendo platform then a Xbox platform, Yet they port KH3 on the Xbox One and not the Wii U? You know why? because SE wants to make $$$. and they know that they will make more money on the Xbox one then the Wii U, due to the install base. However what will be SE downfall with KH3 will be the Xbox one port. Their are NOOOOOOO KH fans on Xbox platforms ( except for the ones who are Sony and Mircrosoft gamers or all three like me). All Xbox fans care about are action-adventure games (non- RPG), Sports games, and Shooters. They don't give a damn about KH. But you know who does. Nintendo Fans. SE will sell a hell of a lot more copies of a Wii U KH3 port then a Xbox one version. Instead they are doing what every third-party devs are doing( minus Ubisoft thank god for them) treating the Wii U like it has the plague and not making games for them  

Edited by MasterRoxas13

Directx11 is not the problem for WiiU. It can handle it or is equivalent to it.

It must be about the social market.

And how would you explain for the PC. The only problem may be the keyboard but they can add a controller.

Edited by KH4Real

Sadly that is what is killing the Wii U, but recently I have been seeing commercials for it on cartoon network, nickelodeon, Bravo and VH1 so they are now finally advertising it. I think we will see a KH title on it soon ( post Xehanort saga).

If they made a kingdom hearts for cellphones then I think they will for PC, besides isn't there another PC game in the making ( not KH-x).

yea the ones who went from PS2 to 360 are Sony and Microsoft gamers to me. Most Xbox fans have a ps3 also, for their exclusives. I am not saying they won't  make money off the Xbox one version ( I am buying the Xbox one version), They just would have just made more money on a Wii U version the a Xbox one version .SE forgot that they have no fanbase on the Xbox brand. like I said before only Sony and Microsoft gamers or people who game on all three will care about the Kingdom Hearts going to the Xbox one.