Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AaySquare

Official Kingdom Hearts 3 release date speculation thread

53 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Kingdom Hearts III will release in Japan?

• Q1 2014
    • Q2 2014
    • Q3 2014
    • Q4 2014
    • Q1 2015
    • Q2 2015
    • Q3 2015
    • Q4 2015
    • Q1 2016
    • Q2 2016
    • Q3 2016
    • Q4 2016
    • Never
    • Another option? List it below!

Has KH 2.5 been confirmed? I doubt it will come out. Maybe a remaster of BBS, but that is probably it.

2.5 hasn't been confirmed but common sense tells that if there is 1.5 then there must be 2.5 which can contain KH2, BBS and HD Cutscenes from Re:Coded.

Like what?

Remember how people thought Kh3 would come after kh2 but got BBS?

They can always add backstory.

Edited by Keysofblades

Remember how people thought Kh3 would come after kh2 but got BBS?

They can always add backstory.

I don't think so because I have heard or read somewhere that Nomura mentioned that Kingdom Hearts 3D is the last game which leads to KH3. I think many people know this already.

I don't think so because I have heard or read somewhere that Nomura mentioned that Kingdom Hearts 3D is the last game which leads to KH3. I think many people know this already.

You asked what Nomura could do. I gave you the answer. Nomura can do what he wants (truest statement ever)

But as I said in my first post I'm guessing late 2015- early 2016.

To be completely honest... I forgot about kh2 O.o but either way, that would be a seperate remaster, and not a 2.5 because bbs happens prior to kh1, and kh2 is... kh2.

Ha ha, its all good. It would be odd to have a remaster of games at such separate ends of the timeline, but it sort of makes sense if you consider the fact that that Birth by Sleep's 'true ending' occurs after kh2. The novels also suggest that the whole reconnect thing meant to go back and play previous games, specifically kh2. Here's a link to the translation: http://sqex.info/2011/07/birth-by-sleep-vol-3-to-the-future-translation-final-chapter/

Not to mention that the credits clearly say "This leads to Kingdom Hearts III." I'm actually watching that part of the credits right now. Here comes Sora and Riku walking into the light... yep definitely a three.

tutti frutti. That sounds about right. At the very least Nomura would have to do something similar after KH1.5, if not exact, in order to maintain releasing one KH game per year. If there is something like KH2.5, I would think that the games involves would be BBS, KH2 and Coded. If KH2.5 is released in 2012, then KH3D would still have been out for about 2 years, give or take some time.

he'll release kh1.5 this year
2.5 in 2014
Pretty sure he has plans for 2015, but none of those plans are kh3. I just have this feeling that we might get something else(bbsv2 maybe?), but kh3'll take a while
therefore, i think KH3 will see it's long awaited release in early 2016 (Likely to be in March since he did that with DDD and HD1.5)
if WW3 doesn't happen first

Edited by Lt.Random

If it's gonna come out 2015 I think it'll be Q3/Q4 in Japan and we get it then Q1/Q2 2016 ... I really hope he has no other Plans beside KH3, I just don't like the HD Collections, they're taking 2 years away. Just announce 2.5 already, I want to get it over with ~.~

If it's gonna come out 2015 I think it'll be Q3/Q4 in Japan and we get it then Q1/Q2 2016 ... I really hope he has no other Plans beside KH3, I just don't like the HD Collections, they're taking 2 years away. Just announce 2.5 already, I want to get it over with ~.~

They aren't taking 2 years away, they're filling up the 2 years that would otherwise be completely devoid of Kingdom Hearts.

I think KH3 will release early 2016.

They aren't taking 2 years away, they're filling up the 2 years that would otherwise be completely devoid of Kingdom Hearts.

I think KH3 will release early 2016.

Nomura said they planned the HD Collections for a long time. If they didn't even have started planning them there would be most likely other titles to fill the years until KH3 comes out.

Nomura said they planned the HD Collections for a long time. If they didn't even have started planning them there would be most likely other titles to fill the years until KH3 comes out.

They had planned them yes, but they didn't start them until recently. And Nomura himself stated that 3D would probably be the last new entry before KH3.

They had planned them yes, but they didn't start them until recently. And Nomura himself stated that 3D would probably be the last new entry before KH3.

Nomura planned 2 more KH Games when KH3D was in development. BbSV2 and "the mysterious KH", the mysterious thing was cancelled and BbSV2 was... dunno what's it now, it was just decided that it doesn't fit in the Xehanort Saga anymore. But it's obvious that there were plans for REAL games that should have filled the years until they release KH3. But now there are these HD collections with no addition and no new view to the Story. It's kinda the same as if there wasn't any KH Games ;o Don't get me wrong, the HD Collections are cool, but unnecessary imo.