Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AaySquare

Official Kingdom Hearts 3 release date speculation thread

53 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Kingdom Hearts III will release in Japan?

• Q1 2014
    • Q2 2014
    • Q3 2014
    • Q4 2014
    • Q1 2015
    • Q2 2015
    • Q3 2015
    • Q4 2015
    • Q1 2016
    • Q2 2016
    • Q3 2016
    • Q4 2016
    • Never
    • Another option? List it below!

I honestly don't think this is legit considering the fact that the development team isn't even close to done with the game, but idk just thought I should post it, so here it is. http://www.latintimes.com/articles/5848/20130701/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date-new-character.htm When he says it will be released early 2014, I think they mean they will release the release date early 2014, not the game

Kingdom Hearts III is very early in development. Nomura even said it was quite early to release a trailer for it. It won't be released until 2016 or 2017.

It's gotta be released before that....

Kingdom Hearts III is very early in development. Nomura even said it was quite early to release a trailer for it. It won't be released until 2016 or 2017.

IDK. I think it'll be released in 2015, if Nomura wants to continue the oche KH game a year thing. Besides, KH3 has technically been in development since 2010, after BBS was released.

No. It's already been in development for three years. Nomura said that we're getting one game every year, and NO other new console game besides the Remixes and 3 will be released, and we're getting 2.5 next year, so when you do the math, that obviously means KH 3 for 2015. You keep saying that even when people correct you on this. Edited by Raziel

" I honestly don't think this is legit considering the fact that the development team isn't even close to done with the game, but idk just thought I should post it, so here it is. http://www.latintime...w-character.htm When he says it will be released early 2014, I think they mean they will release the release date early 2014, not the game "

Edited by Hyperion

I hope they release it at least in the middle of 2015. 

@tlozbj excellent point! I'm kind of stealing this from Lordofthecastle, but:

Kingdom Hearts is 13 letters.

Terra + Xehanort 

Ventus + Vanitas

Light + Darkness

The Last World seen is the 13th world in KH, KH 2, and KH BBS 

Oh, and KH 3 would be the 13th release if they didn't include KH 1.5 and KH 2.5, but including Final Mixes. 

Edited by TripleNipple

I just hope that when KH3 gets released in Japan the other regions won't have to wait too long for it. I hope for Q3 2015 Japan and a Q4 2015 for everyone else (long shot, but a man can hope haha).

I expect a 2015 release for KH3. Specially if the game have been in development since 2010 and the possibilities of a early 2014 reveal of the release date. 2015 is also the 13th anniversary of the series, and the number 13 seems to be quite a important number in the Dark Seeker/Xehanort Saga. Just a small list of the 13 allusions in the saga.

1. Kingdom Hearts, has 13 letters.

2. At the beginning of KH1, the M comes closer to the screen than the other letters, M is the 13th letter in the alphabet.

3. Sora, Riku and Kairi, are 13 letters in total.

4. The same with Roxas, Axel, and Xion.

5. 13 Seekers of Darkness.

6. 13 floors and basements in Castle Oblivion.

7. Organization XIII

8. 13 Ansem Reports.

9. 13 Secret Ansem Reports

10. Those 13 fungis to get a crown upgrade in KH2FM

11. You originally need 13 orichalcums + for the Ultima Weapon in KH2

12. The sector you need to clear to get Ultima Weapon in RE:Coded have 13 floors.

13. KH1.5 will be release in September 13 in Europe.

Strangely, KH3 was revealed in E3 2013.

So releasing KH3 the end of the Dark Seeker/Xehanort Saga, in the 13th anniversary, doesn't seem quite strange. It being in early development wouldn't be so much of a problem, since the Osaka team is working on it, while the main KH team clears up from FFXV, so the game will still be in development while that team clears, and when they clear up, who knows if both teams would work in it. Which would probably fasten things up, since they have both the KH teams working in the title. While one team does one part, the other team does another.

Nice point Never notice these things

Also after a search in Kingdom Hearts Wiki, I found a list with others 13 allusions in Kingdom Hearts. Some of the 13 that were listed before are there, so I'll only lists those allusions which weren't mentioned before, and the world one, with a bit more info.

• The Director's Secret Report XIII is a thirteen-part exposé by Tetsuya Nomura.
  • Riku's Session Limit includes an ability named "XIII Blades".
  • Ars Arcanum consists of thirteen attacks if one includes the follow-up attacks.
  • In Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, not counting the additional ones presented in the Final Mix version, the Mirage Arena has thirteen matches.
  • The sum of all the letters in the names Roxas, Sora and Xion is 13.
  • With the exception of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, which only has twelve worlds in total, in each major installment of the series, the final world is the thirteenth location the player can visit: in Kingdom Hearts, End of the World is the thirteenth world to be seen; in Kingdom Hearts II, The World that Never Was is the thirteenth world, not including 100 Acre Woods or Atlantica; and in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, the Keyblade Graveyard is the thirteenth world if one counts the Destiny Islands.
  • There are thirteen letters in "End of the World", "Hollow Bastion", and "Radiant Garden".
  • Sora is "Combatant thirteen" when he faces Rinzler in The Grid.
  • In Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, there are thirteen Training Toys candies.
  • Following the Keyblade War, the χ-blade is shattered into thirteen darknesses and seven lights.

With this we have around 27 allusions to the number 13 in the Dark Seeker/Xehanort Saga of the Kingdom Hearts Series. So seeing how much have the number 13 been used in the series, the possibilities of KH3, the 13th release in the series(not counting  the upcoming remakes) being release on the 13th anniversary of the series, don't seem that strange, nor farfetched.

Edited by tlozbj

I expect a 2015 release for KH3. Specially if the game have been in development since 2010 and the possibilities of a early 2014 reveal of the release date. 2015 is also the 13th anniversary of the series, and the number 13 seems to be quite a important number in the Dark Seeker/Xehanort Saga. Just a small list of the 13 allusions in the saga.

1. Kingdom Hearts, has 13 letters.

2. At the beginning of KH1, the M comes closer to the screen than the other letters, M is the 13th letter in the alphabet.

3. Sora, Riku and Kairi, are 13 letters in total.

4. The same with Roxas, Axel, and Xion.

5. 13 Seekers of Darkness.

6. 13 floors and basements in Castle Oblivion.

7. Organization XIII

8. 13 Ansem Reports.

9. 13 Secret Ansem Reports

10. Those 13 fungis to get a crown upgrade in KH2FM

11. You originally need 13 orichalcums + for the Ultima Weapon in KH2

12. The sector you need to clear to get Ultima Weapon in RE:Coded have 13 floors.

13. KH1.5  will be release in September 13 in Europe.

Strangely, KH3 was revealed in E3 2013.

So releasing KH3 the end of the Dark Seeker/Xehanort Saga, in the 13th anniversary, doesn't seem quite strange. It being in early development wouldn't be so much of a problem, since the Osaka team is working on it, while the main KH team clears up from FFXV, so the game will still be in development while that team clears, and when they clear up, who knows if both teams would work in it. Which would probably fasten things up, since they have both the KH teams working in the title. While one team does one part, the other team does another.

Posted Image

I would say maybe March of 2015.(Because 2.5 is probably next year.)It's the same month the first Kingdom Hearts released, so it would be cool if it releases within that month.

Edit: I know we've been waiting a long time, but we can't rush greatness. When Nomura is ready, he'll announce the release date. At least we know that it's in development! :D

Edited by Sesshomaru

If you've been actually playing the handheld games which hold importance to the plot of KH3 we've been kept occupied. But the general assumed date is 2015 March for Japan and September for the rest of us.

Yay, you also agree on the March release date! :DEdit: And the side games are epic! One big story connected in all these installments! :D Edited by Sesshomaru

I don't want to wait 10 years for KHIII,but I don't want them to rush the game either just to please people,they better take ALL the time they need for this one.