Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I like Namine.  She's one of the few I actually can't list a number of flaws for.  And I like her more than Xion (but then again, I don't hate Xion, I just hate Days).  I haven't played Re:COM yet (still doing my 100% run on KH1FM) and haven't played KH2 in ages so I can't accurately remember minor details of her existence.  But I like her in the story.  While I don't mind if she dies (I expect at least some main one to die in KH3 for dramatic effect) I would be sad if she was never included (given I know she could have been).

Namine is one of my favorities too and like many have said here she DOES have something important to do with the story too (Sora's memories, helping people etc). Sure, she isn't as necessary for the plot as Sora or Riku or Aqua or some others but I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Not everyone can be one of the main characters, we need some others too! And ofcourse, there wouldn't really be COM without her.Also, I think Namine brings some depth into the story. Like, there's Sora, Riku and Kairi, Axel, Roxas and Xion, Ven, Terra and Aqua, and some other really thick friendships in the games but Namine doesn't have one sigle friend and I think that's really sad.I tried to quote Amelia Luscombe's post but for some reason I wasn't able to... Anyway, I just wanted to say that I don't think Kairi and Namine are the same person. Firstly, Namine wasn't just Kairi's nobody but also Sora's, and secondly, she has a a whole different life from Kairi's and I think she's really different as a person. In fact, I think they're even almost opposites of each others in some things and actually I find that quite interesting.Like, I think Kairi is really brave and strong and she's ready to act in order to get what she wants and I haven't often seen her insecure or afraid. Namine on the other hand is insecure and weak. It takes everything she has to act against the organization in COM and I don't think she wuold have done anything in the end if Axel hadn't especially stated that she has an oppoturnity to escape. Also, Kairi's and Namine's situations are completely different: Kairi has Sora and Riku, she had her grandmother when she was little and it seems like the Destiny Islands were a nice place to grow up. And then Namine his first with the organization, then with Diz and the only one who really ever cared for her and that was all just because of the fake memories, and then he forgot too.

I agree, but please don't misunderstand. I don't hate Namine, I just don't want her to fight, or copy kairi, or "be better than her", I want her to be different from her, give her, her own merits, instead people thinking it's some competition. Which is mean :( I know namine is technically a part of sora and her own person. But for the moment, she is Kairi, (we've seen her turn into kairi herself on more than one occasion), the same way xion and roxas are sora. They aren't their own people. Yet, that is. Kairi is insecure, it's shown more in the manga, where she only acts really outgoing with her best friends Sora and Riku. But she hides it.Personally, I think the destiny trio would happily welcome Namine to their group, even if not Riku, sora and kairi would definitely not leave Namine behind. It wouldn't be in their character to do that. Xion could be namine's friend as well; Namine seemed to feel sad for xion, maybe because she related to her in that diz thought of them both in the same light.Hopefully, we get Namine back in kh3, then, if the group stays together, Namine could be friends with ventus, aqua and roxas and whatnot. They could all chill on destiny islands lol Edited by Amelia Luscombe

She brought a sketchbook to the series......if that counts x'D I do like Namine. She reminds me of Kairi (duh) all the time and Kairi is a comforting figure for me. So that puts her in that category as well ^^ Plus I do feel bad for her, having to fix or take someone else's life/memories into her own hands even though something could go horribly wrong.

I agree, but please don't misunderstand. I don't hate Namine, I just don't want her to fight, or copy kairi, or "be better than her", I want her to be different from her, give her, her own merits, instead people thinking it's some competition. Which is mean :(I know namine is technically a part of sora and her own person. But for the moment, she is Kairi, (we've seen her turn into kairi herself on more than one occasion), the same way xion and roxas are sora. They aren't their own people. Yet, that is.Kairi is insecure, it's shown more in the manga, where she only acts really outgoing with her best friends Sora and Riku. But she hides it.Personally, I think the destiny trio would happily welcome Namine to their group, even if not Riku, sora and kairi would definitely not leave Namine behind. It wouldn't be in their character to do that.Xion could be namine's friend as well; Namine seemed to feel sad for xion, maybe because she related to her in that diz thought of them both in the same light.Hopefully, we get Namine back in kh3, then, if the group stays together, Namine could be friends with ventus, aqua and roxas and whatnot. They could all chill on destiny islands lol

Can you please PM me with these certain scenes in the manga of Kairi being insecure, or at least tell me what pages exactly they are?

I've always pictured Kairi as a bold outgoing character. She's kinda spunky. Insecurity doesn't go with her personality to me. So hearing this bothers me a bit, and I would like to judge these scenes for myself.

I always liked namine I also hopes she comes back in kh3She's a lot more useful and important than kairi

If you mean useful as in harmful and important as in partly important then yes. Kairi will most likely have a way bigger role in KH3 and Namine's importance was being forced to bring harm to the protagonist and go back to once she came. 

Can you please PM me with these certain scenes in the manga of Kairi being insecure, or at least tell me what pages exactly they are?I've always pictured Kairi as a bold outgoing character. She's kinda spunky. Insecurity doesn't go with her personality to me. So hearing this bothers me a bit, and I would like to judge these scenes for myself.

Your version of kairi doesn't make sense to me. She isn't always spunky, just when she's joking. That likes saying Sora's dumb when he's actually quite smart he just acts like an idiot.

Amelia Luscombe (quoting still not working - . - ): I understand that feeling not wanting Namine to be like Kairi, I don't want her to be like her either. Though to me her turning into Kairi in com was mostly more like showing that she has taken Kairi's place in Sora's memeories rather than showing that they are the same. And still I don't think Namine is anywhere near taking Kairi's place, especially now that Sora remembers Kairi. Their bond is so strong. So actually I consider all that caring Sora did for Namine rather as a proof of how much he cares for Kairi than other way around. (Though Sora and Namine's relationship was also different from he's and Kairi's and I like that.)

But about Kairi being insecure, sure she has moments when she feels a bit insecure too. Like maybe when the organization held her as a prison, but even then she still seemed pretty determined and brave to me. And atleast I think she's less insecure than Namine and in general. But, I haven't read the manga so sure she may be more insecure there.

Edited by mosokisa

Your version of kairi doesn't make sense to me. She isn't always spunky, just when she's joking. That likes saying Sora's dumb when he's actually quite smart he just acts like an idiot.

I know Sora's not dumb, he just likes to be funny sometimes I think he's actually indredibly smart with all those speeches he makes. And I said "kinda spunky" which means not a super whole lot and not all the time, she IS spunky, just not always because no one is always just one thing. I am also aware that there are other attributes to her character, and everyone sees those attributes a little more in her character depending on the person. Kairi is also sweet and kind and innocent, and she is also playful and spunky, she shows these a little more depending on the game. The only thing I feel is that in her character she isn't insecure enough where it would be listed under her personality traits. Everyone has an insecure moment, but that doesn't mean its in everyone's description. Please can you show me the scenes, or give me an idea where they are in the manga? That's all I want. Sorry about any confusion.