Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aqua7KH

~Daybreak~ A zombie virus role-play

Daniel chuckled to himself as he watched Tyler work on his car with a smile on his face. He didn't know much about cars, but after watching him work for the small while he was quickly able to pick up some small tricks. He'd keep that to himself. "You work very well with cars. Me, I'm not very car savvy. " he sighed softly and ran a hand through his hair. "Me? Sleep? I'm afraid those words don't go in a sentence together unless there is a 'doesn't' between them."

"Well its where I worked before Daybreak.  Its how I was able to use the garage and gas station.   I worked there for about 2 years before daybreak and you pick up on things fast"  Tyler said "Yeah I don't sleep much either.  When I do sleep its for an hour or two and its due to this"  Tyler said tossing him his flask.  Tyler then leaned back onto his hood.  "I can teach you some quick survival car tips if you need later on if you want.  Just teach you some tricks."  Tyler said  as he put his hands behind his head and leaned back looking towards the stars

Cyler walked through the area, kicking at his victim's bodies, laying on the ground. They had been fun victims, once upon a time. Now they were nothing but dolls, and not even Cyler was insane enough to play with them now. He flicked open his knife, and wiped the blood off them onto his jeans. These days, no one would look twice if you had blood on your clothes. Fine with Cyler, made it easier to conceal his habits. The killer pocketed the blade again, and searched for the exit to the warehouse. Finding it, he walked out into broad daylight. He covered his eyes, stunned by the sudden amount of light, those his eyes quickly adjusted. Cyler turned, and mde his way down the alley he was in. No infected so far, but he always had to be on guard. Things just worked that way now. Cyler cleared his mind, and focused on finding his next victim. His thirst would never be quenched...

Daniel examined the flask with much interest. He actually didn't expect a man like Tyler to drink out of it, however he ways knew he should expect the unexpected. He leaned back in a chair once he found one nearby, and sat next to the car as he decided to look up into the stars as well. "Hm.... if you look up into the pretty stars like this it's almost as if there isn't a virus killing all of humanity. " he chuckled to himself. A bitter chuckle. After looking down and examining the flask once more for a moment, he handed it back to Typer. "Looks indestructible. Must last a long time."

Tyler grinned "Yeah, its why I look up there.  Its the only place where the rules haven't changed.  We can trust that planets aren't going to start eating each other"  Tyler laughed.  "I look at them every night.  Never gave them too much notice until Daybreak.  The sky is the only thing to look forward to now"  Tyler said as he reached over and grabbed his flask from Daniel.  He then slipped it in his back pocket again.  Tyler had went camping when he was younger so he knew the majority of the constellations up the sky.  He liked that he knew them.  It'd be harder to learn now that he's older and libraries are hard to find.  Those books were used for firewood since Daybreak. 

Joe walked down to Daniel and Tyler at the car, carrying a satchel on his shoulder.

"Before y'all go, I thought you might need this." He said, unslung the satchel and offered it. "It has bandages, pain killers and a few antibiotic. Should keep y'all going a while as long as you don't try to get yourselves killed."

(Sorry if I don't type a lot guys in my posts. xD A lot of posts are from my phone.)

Daniel couldn't help but sigh and feel somewhat depressed by Tyler's philosophy of this. He himself never really looked at the stars, other than when he used to look out from a telescope a long time ago with his father who was long dead even before Daybreak began. If only survivors could escape to those stars, and be able to live on as beautiful sources of light. Maybe that's where you go once you die, but obviously Daniel couldn't say for sure as he was only just a human trying to survive. Or maybe he wasn't human anymore. Daybreak made him do things he never wished he did, just as it did for everyone. It was either hang on to your morals and die, or do whatever it takes to survive. He pondered on what Tyler said for a moment, a small silence erupting between them before he opened his mouth to speak once more. "...It must make us envious of the stars, hm? To be up there shining as though nothing ever happened on this Earth... Don't you wish you can just live like the stars? Metaphorically speaking of course." He let the conversation slip into a rather peaceful silence, before Joe walked down to speak to them. Daniel frowned and took a quick look at the satchel. "Aww.... is it time to go already?" he asked, crossing his arms. "Thank you, Joe. You're just going to be here all alone? Speaking from personal experience before and after Daybreak, being along must get tiring after a long while of no human contact. Most would probably go insane, however by my views on your personality so far I trust your mental mindset must be very superior."

Tyler looked at the satchel "Thanks"  Tyler said "These are better meds than we already have.  These antibiotics will come in handy."  Tyler then looked at Daniel.  "Hey these will probably help you after your attack with that Clinger."  Tyler said giving a pill to Daniel.  "That Issac kid was attacked by a clinger.  We should probably give him one too.  Tyler then walked upstairs and started knocking on Issac's and Paige's door.  Tyler sat around and waited for them to answer.  But he never thought that he could be waking them up.  He forgot that some people are able to get to sleep.    

As soon as Tyler knocked the door Paige sprang into action thinking they were back at their apartment. Issac meanwhile wasn't even phased as he continued his deep sleep. Realizing that the person knocking on the door was just an ally, she opened the door quietly not really thinking about her appearance. A strap of her black tank top hanged off her shoulder and her jet black hair was pointing in several directions. 'It's late, what do they want?' Opening the door only a crack, she peered through the opening. "Oh it's...Tyler isn't it? What do you want?" Paige whispered as she let a yawn escape her lips. 

Joe chuckled.

"Like I said, stay as long as you like." He replied. "Once you go, I'll probably head out myself. I setup camp here to make sure I could treat the injured as they came along, but it has been a while since anyone has been this way till you guys."

Tyler looked at Paige and nodded.  "Yes, my name is Tyler.  I'm actually here about your brother.  One of the other guys in our group was attacked by a clinger too.  He got terrible flu like symptoms afterwards.   We also just got our hands on antibodies and I figured he should take this pill that way he doesn't get that flu."  Tyler said as he handed her the pill to give to him.  Tyler then went to his room and came back with a water.  "I'm sorry to wake you guys but I just figured it was important.  I was worried what effects that he'd have as he sleeps.  Didn't want him choking or anything due to this disease."  Tyler then handed her the water to give to Tyler.

Paige looked down at the pill as if she was checking to make sure there was no poison. "Thanks..." Its been awhile since she last talked to a normal human being besides her brother. The familar warmth of kindness spread inside her body as a couple tears fell down her cheek.

To be honest, when Daybreak started she was actually happy. She was always looked upon her family as the 'perfect daughter', while Issac was known as the disgraceful older brother. Though Paige was a straight-A student, she found her life extremely boring. It was always: Go home, study, eat dinner, study some more, and sleep. She would have suffered through this never ending cycle if Daybreak hadn't started. Daybreak made her life more interesting. Meanwhile Issac cries almost every night wishing life would go back to normal. He didn't want to wake up everyday knowing there was chance he was going to die. That's why Paige needs her brother, he is the anchor keeping her down from going too far in this messed up world. Without the anchor she knew she would loose her grip in sanity. 

"S-sorry you had to see that. Without you and the group Issac wouldn't be alive. I owe you all one." Paige quickly wiped her tears with her free hand as she did her sweet smile Issac seemed to like. 

Jinx slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room. Theia was asleep at the table. Her laptop screen was opened so she must have dozed off while doing something. Jinx yawned and moved off of the couch before walked to the door and out of their room. She silently closed the door and heard talking going on nearby. Jinx looked over to see Tyler chatting with a few others. She stared at them for a second before walking over and leaning against the wall. "You all seem to be getting along smoothly." 

Tyler looked down when she started tearing up.  "Well without Issac I wouldn't be alive, because you and your amazing aim, I would've been killed"  Tyler said with a half smile just to try to cheer her up.  Tyler looked at her "We haven't really been a group long.  We had only been together an hour or two before we found Issac.  We've got some seemingly good people in our group but I don't truly know what everyone is thinking or planning on doing but I'd say you and Issac are pretty safe with us.  I don't blame you if you don't but you can take time to think of yourself instead of always taking care of Issac.  I would assume you take care of him since you were the one who answered the door.  Plus the way you shot at me after he showed up.  You didn't even blink.  I can tell you're the protective one of the group.  But you should take time to think about yourself.  I lost my family all at once.  I watched my dad feast on her and my mother.  I was a wreck.  I walked through a horde of Normies just not even paying attention.  I have scars where they scratched me.  I'm lucky they didn't bite me.  I just don't want that to happen to you if you lose him."  Tyler said to her as he saw Jinx.

"Well you're welcome to join the party"  Tyler said with a smile.  "If we're going to survive together we can all get to know each other" Tyler suggested

Edited by Corrupted keyblade

Simon used a portable BBQ to make some fire. Wood and charcoal from the local store did the thing,plus he got a melee weapon of an axe to keep. It was s cold night,he could see his breath as he felt his heart palpitate from the thought of it. His location of choice: a random roof. It was still warm from absorbing the heat of the sunlight all day,and with no way of any of them zombies of getting up here unless a magical staircase appeared,he considered it to be a safe place from them. He rubbed his own shoulders as he got close to the fire. Soon he heard the sound he had been waiting for,the sound of the pop of the popcorn bag he had set up above the fire. He took the bag in his hands and opened it,eating the salty treat like no tommorow. It tasted good,but it had a bittersweet aftertaste. Was it the guilt of driving the survivors away? They were the first ones he had seen in months and just like that it seemed that he had scared them away.

"(Come on Simon,as if they'd help you.)"Simon thought as he licked the salt off his fingers. "(They won't help you...they just won't. You know as much. You're nothing but a thief and trusting has gotten you anywhere but in good places.)" Simon sighed to himself as he settled the now empty bag of popcorn down and threw himself back. If there was one thing he liked about the whole no working electricity in most places was the fact that he could see the stars. Oh the beautiful stars. Simon could spend hours staring at them,losing himself in their hypnotic splendor and shine. The only time he had seen stars like this before the day all this began was when he was much smaller with his parents. They would go up on the hill of their summer home and stare at the stars. The summer home. He still had the keys for it. It was locked away in the tallest of mountains,standing just above a waterfall as it used hydrologics to gain electricity. "(Maybe I should visit sometime.)"Simon thought. Though running around rooftops was utterly fun and healthy he could use some get away time. Then suddenly the sound he dreaded so much echoed across the city: screamers.

Darryl had already cleaned out most of the shop's wrecked equipment, but by this time, he had finally figured something out. "I was not born a regular survivor. I was born a killer, I never grew attached to things, it wasn't hard to kill... So why not? I would be a better Bandit than a Survivor..." He thought, getting a old carving knife, he went out and carved the Daysigns everywhere he could. Attention from someone would come up, then he could kill them and take their stuff, repair and sell it, or use it for myself." He thought, a devilish smirk crawl up on his cheeks when his Daysigns were finished. He went back to his shop, and waited...

Daniel was quite pleasant with Joe's response. He could easily tell Joe was very strong, similar to Tyler but a tiny bit stronger muscular wise. A addition like Joe would he extremely beneficial to the survival of the group, and he could tell Joe had a interesting character and some interesting stories to tell. "Ahh, if you are in fact planning on leaving, why not come with us? I do not believe we will be leaving any time soon, and even when we do we might investigate the area as someone has been leaving these medication Day Signs. It'll certainly be nice to have someone like you on our team." He looked back up at the sky, then pondered for a moment what time it could be. He glanced down at his wind up watch, and checked the time. It was a miracle the watch still worked and actually had a somewhat accurate reading of the time. It was hard to keep up with daylight savings. "It is tree A.M... I honestly believe that sleep is physically and mentally impossible, at this point. " he let out a soft sigh at his restlessness.

(We need to get them bandits up in here.)

Edited by Aqua7KH

"Think about myself huh," She said to herself just as Jinx joined the conversation. Never meeting Jinx made Paige's senses go on high alert again as she tried to best not to look like she's shaking with the cup of water in her hand, trying to maintain her composure. "If you will excuse me for a moment, I think Issac should take this pill as soon as possible." Giving a tiny nervous laugh she closed the door leaving Jinx and Tyler alone.

Once the door was closed, Paige knew she had to wake up her brother's peaceful sleep. Before Daybreak began, she remembered waking up her brother by slapping him with a pillow. And that's exactly what she did; she picked up her pillow and brought it down onto Issac's head. However she wasn't expecting her swing to be too hard as the pillow made contact with Issac. The sound was almost like a full speed baseball being caught into a catcher's mitt as the noise could be heard throughout the hotel. Not soon after, Issac's yelp of surprise and pain can be heard.

"W-what was THAT for?" He cried, his forehead was now red like a tomato where his sister had hit him. "Oops that was a little too hard..." Paige quickly thrust the pill into Issac's hand before he had time to complain some more, "Gulp this pill down, since you were attacked by a Clinger you might get sick." Still pissed at what his sister did, Issac did what he was told. 

Tyler then had the door shut in his face and he looked at Jinx.   "Alrighty then"  He said with a smile.  Tyler then looked to see Daniel and Joe still down there talking.   Tyler then heard the loud bang from the pillow.  "I didn't wake you up, did I?"  Tyler asked Jinx seeing how it was late and she was awake.  He was wondering if he had really woken them up or if people don't really sleep like they used to.  Tyler has been alone for almost a whole year due to Daybreak so he sometimes felt awkward because he thought somethings from the past didn't change.  Which it looks like they did.

Jinx raised an eyebrow. "No actually. This is the time i would wake up anyways when Theia and I had to relocate. I don't really have the luxury to be a heavy sleeper like I used to be." She sighed. "Although Theia is sleeping like a rock right now, which is rare. She must feel safe here or something." She didn't even notice that it was still the middle of the night. She was about to say something else when she heard a faint sound in the distance, a familiar sound that she wished would just disappear forever. "Do you hear that?" Jinx said quietly. Tyler looked confused but she just stood there in silence for a minute. "Screamers. I hear screamers. Do you think they're making they're way over to our direction?" 

Tyler then looked behind him and he could hear them.   "Damn.   I'm going to drive the Hyundai and see if I find them I'll head back and they won't be able to track me."  Tyler said as he went to his room which was right next door.  He put his swords back in his belt and put on his armor for his forearms and he grabbed his shotgun.  "Stay near the radio" Tyler said handing her the keys to the cop car.  I'll let you guys know if its bad and what direction they're heading"  Tyler said as he got in his car and drove off.  Tyler started up the Hyundai Elantra and drove off down the road.   He then saw through the darkness a horde of maybe 50 Screamers sprinting their way.   Tyler then quickly grabbed the radio.

"Jinx, come in, are you there?  Ya'll take cover horde of 50 headed your way.  5 miles out"  Tyler spoke through the radio hoping she heard.   Tyler then looked up and saw screamers leaping onto his car  trying to reach through the chain link fence window.   Tyler quickly stabbed his sword through the holes in the fence and connected with their heads killing them.   Tyler then quickly did a donut with screeching tires as he peeled out and headed back to the hotel.  

Daniel was lingering around wandering the motel in slight boredom when he heard the radio entry from Tyler. He was just about to go try and sleep some more when he heard that, and was rather aggrivated at this revelation. Being along a long while, he only got a half an hour to a hour of sleep. Finally when he had a opportunity of good rest, this has to happen. It really got him frustrated. With no other choice, he walked around the motel knocking on doors and letting everyone know of the incoming horde of screamers. After this, he proceeded to go to his own room to sit on his bed, wait for the screamers to pass, and just hope not one screamer noticed the group of survivors in the motel.

Joe considered Daniel's offer. It would be good to be with people again and it would get moving. He told Daniel he would consider it then headed to his room. He tried to rest, but felt restless. He got up and was about to go out when Daniel told him there was screamers. Joe went back to his room and readied his rifle.

Daniel meanwhile reloaded his pistiol with the ammo he found at the antique shop. He knew his tiny pistol wouldn't take out a mass quantity, especially considering his well below adverage aiming skills, but he was always confident he could get the job done one way or another. The small wait did bring him some anxiety. Hordes always scared him somehow, and it bothered him very much. Hopefully if everyone kept quiet nothing bad will happen. But then again knowing his luck, something probably will. A few minutes later, he was playing with the gun he held for Jinx. Hopefully if he had the right metal, he could modify it to the point where it actually could be used as a weapon once more. He decided to keep his eye open for that this time. "Hm..."

The small radio Jinx was holding in her pocket started sounding off and she lifted it to her ear. When it went silent, Jinx immediately went to the room Theia was sleeping in and slammed the door open. Theia almost jumped out of the chair and looked darkly at Jinx. "What the hell was that f-" Jinx didn't pay and attention to her, just grabbed her bag sitting in the corner and started loading bullets into her rile. Theia looked confused now. "What's going on?" "Screamers." she said and tossed Theia her bookbag. She barely caught it and got up out of her chair. "What?" "Screamers. 50 of them making their way here now. I told you we wouldn't be safe here for long." Caught off by the sudden news, Theia placed her computer into to her bookbag and slung it over her shoulder. "I have the keys to a vehicle. We can get out of here." "What about everyone else? You're just going to leave them?" "Depends on how much they wanna live. Take your sweet time to get to the car and I'll leave. Simple." Theia didn't have much complain over that. In a situation like this, people should be ready to flee as soon as possible. Theia nodded and the both of them left the room. Jinx walked outside and readied her rifle as Theia went from room to room informing them all to hurry up so they can leave. She then rejoined Jinx outside.

Edited by Junko