Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Hero of Winds

Spike's VGX Discussion

Anyone watching, feel free to discuss the broadcast here for the next 3 hours.

World Premieres:

Tales from the Borderlands (Tell Tale Games and Gearbox Software Collaboration)

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Terrible, should have been Tomb Raider 2)

Quantum Break

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Destiny

Broken Age

The Division

Game of Thrones (Tell Tale Games)

No Man's Sky

Thief

The Witcher 3

Titanfall

Demos: 

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Cranky Kong Premiere)

Broken Age

Dying Light

Awards:

Best Action Adventure: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Best Sports Game: NBA 2K14

Best Independent Game: Gone Home

Best Shooter: Bioshock Infinite (Surprised?)

Studio of The Year: Naughty Dog

Character of The Year: Lutece Twins (Bioshock Infinite)

Game of the Year:

Grand Theft Auto V (Was this not seen coming)

Edited by Vexoria

Seriously why are they not showing this on TV this is stupid that it is only being lived streamed on the internet it's so stupid, and seriously GTAV winning game of the year that's so stupid ugh really BioShock or Last of Us should've won ugh and what's even more stupid is that they didn't save that for the end like really why!? good thing this isn't really such a real Video Game Award show but whatever I'm just gonna watch the one thing with RoosterTeeth and then I am done with it so stupid

It's stupid how Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite didn't win game of the year. Those were the best games with great gameplay, beautiful graphics, and an intensive story.

GTA5? All I see is characters doing illegal stuff that the world is not supposed to do. This is a huge fail for me.

Seriously why are they not showing this on TV this is stupid that it is only being lived streamed on the internet it's so stupid, and seriously GTAV winning game of the year that's so stupid ugh really BioShock or Last of Us should've won ugh and what's even more stupid is that they didn't save that for the end like really why!? good thing this isn't really such a real Video Game Award show but whatever I'm just gonna watch the one thing with RoosterTeeth and then I am done with it so stupid

It's stupid how Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite didn't win game of the year. Those were the best games with great gameplay, beautiful graphics, and an intensive story.

GTA5? All I see is characters doing illegal stuff that the world is not supposed to do. This is a huge fail for me.

I actually really liked GTAV.  I hate GTA otherwise.  I'd prefer The Last of Us, but...this was the obvious winner so long ago.

I think the funniest thing about this whole thing was the hype backlash with Nintendo's showing. I knew it was going to be a light showing, but a bunch of Ninty fans overhyped it and it came back to bite them. I think it's safe to assume that Ninty won't be surprising us anytime soon given the odd decisions they've been making. This is coming from a pretty big Nintendo fan, by the way.

All in all: http://imgur.com/4FF9xvZ

I'm a little surprised The Last of Us didn't take GOTY, but not as surprised as I was when Bioshock Infinite won Best Shooter. I haven't played it personally, but everything I've heard about that game is that the gunplay gets in the way of the narrative.

My interest has been piqued by Telltale. I think it's fascinating how they've managed to secure three additional franchises (Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us (Fables), and Game of Thrones) only by making The Walking Dead game. A really good game, to be fair, but I worry that their focus will be divided if their not careful with how many projects they take on. That said, I'm really excited for everything they do.

Titanfall continues to be the game that has wooed game journalists everywhere, and I just haven't caught on to what they're seeing. I think  I'm skeptical because I haven't played it and hesitant because it's multiplayer only. But hey, if it takes off, then I'll be happy to have been wrong in my lack of interest.