Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

KH2 Atlantica in KH2 is pointless

Everybody needs a break from fighting all the time, let the boy grow a fin and dorsal tail and sing with a bikini clad red head. I mean come on, that's totally how I would spend my spare time when trying to save the world.

I dunno if I'm the only one who feels the same way about this

But there is no reason for Atlantica to exist in KH 2 for simply two facts:

1The world itself is barely canon,there is neither heartless nor nobodies roaming this world at all,nothing related to Organization XIII is revealed and Ursula is no longer involved with neither the heartless nor Maleficent

2During my playthroughs,I found out that you can finish the entire game without touching Atlantica or a single song in it once....I'm not kidding

During 3 of my playthroughs of KH2 I completely skipped Atlantica and didn't finish a single song in it...which begs the question:If this world isn't invaded by the Heartless nor the nobodies....why do Sora,Donald and Goofy need to visit this world again???

Well,it turns out that there are certain items and spell upgrades that you can only get here with the addition of the keychain that you get after finishing it

It's pretty much became another 100 Acre Wood.You don't have to do it,but it's there for you to get some items and spells that will ease your journey

Aside from that,you do nothing related to the story in Atlantica

Wait, YOU CAN SKIP ATLANTICA IN KH2 ALSO! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Well, people also complained about KH1's controls and how hard it is, but look what happened in KhII. They improved the gameplay and made it smoother and they could've done the same with Atlantica, I mean come on did it stop on that problem..

Seeing how horrible the Pride Lands gameplay was (even though I really loved the Pride Lands), no...they could not improve Atlantica gameplay, which is why it's perfectly fine as a rhythm game world. It's fun, relaxing, and just purely amazing to sing along/dance to the beat to (which is the entire point of a rhythm game).

Seeing how horrible the Pride Lands gameplay was (even though I really loved the Pride Lands), no...they could not improve Atlantica gameplay, which is why it's perfectly fine as a rhythm game world. It's fun, relaxing, and just purely amazing to sing along/dance to the beat to (which is the entire point of a rhythm game).

Pride Land was perfect when it comes to command and gameplay and if you are interested on games about music relaxing then head for Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. Atlantica in KHII was totally useless especially since it is the same story all over again, and having the singing part would ruin the awesomeness of Kingdom Hearts.

You should also know that Lion is not a Merman. 

Pride Land was perfect when it comes to command and gameplay and if you are interested on games about music relaxing then head for Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. Atlantica in KHII was totally useless especially since it is the same story all over again, and having the singing part would ruin the awesomeness of Kingdom Hearts.

You should also know that Lion is not a Merman. 

I'm not a Final Fantasy fan. Sure the music's enjoyable, but not worth the price of a game.  It wasn't useless. Anyone who fails to recognize the usefulness of Atlantica in KH2, has failed to appreciate its worth.  I'll let you slide on this one, due to poor phrasing, but I thought you were suggesting that I go play an actual rhythm game instead of Atlantica (in which case I have played a select range from Guitar Hero to Vocaloid).  However, if you were suggesting that entirely, I will not let it slide, as that's one way of telling me my opinion is wrong, which is something I do not appreciate nor tolerate.

What is your point with that last line?  I know the difference between a Lion Cub and a Merman.  My point is, they didn't get Merman right, they didn't get lion cub right, how could they possibly go back and improve the merman gameplay, if the lion cub gameplay was just as bad as merman gameplay from KH1?  It seems to me any form aside from Sora's human form is inferior in gameplay to human form. It takes away from you and the gameplay's so broken that any possible combo fails to come together because the attacks don't hit in a chain. (This was very noticeable with Lion Cub combos. The combos didn't work right because some attacks missed due to the constant flailing and pouncing around Sora did in that form.)

I wasn't saying they're the same, I was saying if both are broken, why fix the first if you failed the second time as well?

Of course Lion Cub was easier to work with compared to Merman, but both were broken in terms of combos and movement. Lion cub was so fast, that the quick movements were half the cause of failed combos. I dun like failing combos because of silly reasons. If anything it has to be a counter, which happens tons of times with bosses, which is the only time outside of Pride Lands that my combos fail.

Hey, you get to hear Jodi Bensen sing: worth it for that. 

Everybody needs a break from fighting all the time, let the boy grow a fin and dorsal tail and sing with a bikini clad red head. I mean come on, that's totally how I would spend my spare time when trying to save the world.

This ^ 

Atlantica in KH2 was just plain stupid, but it was still better than KH1. KH1 Atlantica is like going through a maze for five hours, KH2 Atlantica is filler for a unique way for Sora to get items for the Ultima Weapon.

If this isn't a hate thread, I don't know what is one xD

Like everyone said, it's minigame world. Why does Sora visit 100 Acre Wood? There's no Heartless or anything there either. Not even a villain( of course, it made no sense that Ursula came back and Ariel trust her again, but whatever). They're merely visiting their friends and helping them. Sora even battled in this world, and really helped a lot.

And the fact that you can skip it means nothing. You can skip Pride Lands completely, and it is canon. Pete shows up, and it's one more encounter with the Heartless in that world. You can also skip various visits to other worlds, like second Olympus Coliseum, and even third Hollow Bastion.

It's really become another 100 Acre Wood, with little importance, and no battling. But like always, some people like it, others don't. I'm not the biggest fan, but I personally like it, because it's fun, and a break from battling. They were new minigames, and presented no frustration in completing Jiminy's Journal (you can enter the song and just leave, you'll see the "challenge" will be done). It's okay not liking it, but pointless is making a thread on this. Again.